News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ayreon!

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-02-16, 21:04:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

The're banging their heads agains the wall surely. Idiots... :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

I've just ordered the two CDs that Peter recommended, and NOW you're saying that it's just a bunch of idiotic "headbanging" stuff...

All of this, AND 2 1/2 hours on Wigan station for 'nowt....

It's enough to drink a man to drive....

Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

gelert

A quick up-date...

Wigan station (wrong one of the two-to-chose-from, ALLEGEDLY  ;) ) is nothing to write home about...or even write "allegedly" about, in unnecessarily extra-large type-face, before some smart-ars* such as myself picks-up on THAT...  ;D

Nevertheless, I have just received from Uncle Malc's Prog Emporium...
(Purveyor Of Outstandingly Fine Progressive Rock Idiosyncracies, Charms, and Keepsakes),
...a copy of "Into The Eclectic Gristle"...

Disc one is like....

SEX WITHOUT THE MESS.......!  :P

...so I'm trying disc two as we speak...

I've also got the delights of  "The Human Equation" to try-out later....
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

gelert

Disc two...

Some interesting bits so far....

Ah, that bit was EXCELLENT....

MMmmmhhh...now some "growling", that got the dog all upset....

....Followed by some "widdly-widdly-Wakeman"....

Onwards....

gelert

Nah...

Disc One...

Deffo....

Now that I'm familiar with it, maybe it's time for some......

Volume...?

LOUDER

frenchsting

i've discovered ayreon with the human equation ... And i love it !!!

when i have enough money, i'll buy another one !!! (sparing for arena on aschaffenburg!!!)

Appelmoes??

Great! The more Ayreon-addicts, the better :D

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

OK....recommendations (again...!) please....

More Ayreon, but like "disc one" of Ecletic Gristle...

Er, if that's possible....?

Peter

Quote from: gelert on Mon, 2005-03-14, 21:00:40
OK....recommendations (again...!) please....

More Ayreon, but like "disc one" of Ecletic Gristle...

Er, if that's possible....?

Step on to "Universal Migrator Part II (Flight Of The Migrator)"; very Metal-ish, still adventurous and diversified. Rock on!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Just buy 'em all 8)

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2005-03-15, 17:36:31
Just buy 'em all 8)

Ok...not a problem...

But how many are there, and what are they called...

And if anybody replies with "they're called CDs", I'll....

Appelmoes??

The Final Experiment (also in a special edition)
Actual Fantasy (also in a re-issued edition)
Into the Electric Castle (also available with bonus material)
Universal Migrator I: The Dream Sequencer
Universal Migrator II: Flight of the Migrator (Both can be bought as one package)
The Human Equation

There also is an Ambeon and a Star One album, both a little Ayreon-like, but totaly different :)

You could also chekc the site and listen to sound samples or check out the messageboard to ask questions (They will be answered seriously... Most of the time...)

Oh! And ofcourse there is the Ayreonauts only album ;)

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2005-03-15, 18:43:40
The Final Experiment (also in a special edition) ...already on it's way...!
Actual Fantasy (also in a re-issued edition) = Actual Fantasy Revisited as advertised @ GFT, I'm assuming
Into the Electric Castle (also available with bonus material) Disc One is top bananas...!
Universal Migrator I: The Dream Sequencer
Universal Migrator II: Flight of the Migrator (Both can be bought as one package)...from Malc @ GFT
The Human Equation sex-on-a-stick...! IMHO

There also is an Ambeon and a Star One album, both a little Ayreon-like, but totaly different :) Who...?

You could also chekc the site and listen to sound samples or check out the messageboard to ask questions (They will be answered seriously... Most of the time...)

Oh! And ofcourse there is the Ayreonauts only album ;)    (but NOTHING beats Kino at present, IM very HO...!

Moonloop

NEW RELEASE NEWS :

AYREON: More than six months after it was first hinted at, a third single from Ayreon's 2004 album The Human Equation will be released on June 16th. It is called Come Back to Me, and is a slightly extended and newly mixed version of the song Day 7: Hope. Other tracks include:

August Fire. Originally written for The Human Equation, features Mostly Autumn's Heather Findlay on vocals (she played the character 'Love' on the Human Equation). Heather also wrote lyrics, vocal melodies and played the Bodhran.
When I'm 64. A Beatles cover song that Arjen recorded 15 years ago as a demo with keyboardist Cleem Determeijer, who has played on various Ayreon albums.
Back 2 Me. A special remix by Two Maniacs (Joost van den Broek).
A videoclip for the song was shot during the summer of 2004 and is featured on the single together with a 'making of' video.
The single will once again contain a special code with which you can access special downloads from the site (for a limited time only).
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

POM

Thanks for the information Moonloop  ;) ;D

Herben

My favourite Ayreon albums are The Final Experiment, after ordering I had to wait 5 weeks or so but it was worthwile waiting for! A great song is Sail away to Avalon, You can put all your energy in it. And then there is a great album Flight of the Migrator, the way a heavy album should be.
My least favourite is actual fantasy, I liked the song beyond the last horizon but then the version on the Ayreonauts only album, it's too modern for me I think.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

erik

My favourite album is definitely Into The Electric Castle. Also somewhow very fond of Actual Fantasy, it grew on me and is the one I put on most. Still love the magic of The Final Experiment.

Got an "Ayreon-overdose" feeling after the Migrator albums, so don't have Star One and The Human Equation.
But still, great band/project and many kudos to Arjen Lucassen.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Peter

You definitely need to get THE, it's great! Just do it like I do, take a break from your favourite artists from time to time, like a month or so, listen to other stuff, and then return.

erik

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2005-07-12, 08:53:59
You definitely need to get THE, it's great! Just do it like I do, take a break from your favourite artists from time to time, like a month or so, listen to other stuff, and then return.

OK, I might reconsider and will get back on this then!
Part of it is also that there's just too much good stuff I want to get and I choose a new band or artist instead of one I already have a few albums of..
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Deenfan

Ayreon is a great project. Lucassen must be a genius, what can one say? To create this entity... It just gets bigger the more into it you get. Be sure to buy the revisited edition of Actual Fantasy. It's that much better!

Teunis

Well said. I have all his stuff, also 'Ambeon' and 'Star One'. The Dream Sequencer is probably my favorite Ayreon album, but I love them all.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Deenfan

Ayreon is one of those very few bands where I have a really hard time deciding which album's my favourite. It might be "The dream sequencer", "The final experiment", "Into the electric castle" or "The human equation"... Don't b****y know!! :o

Teunis

I know what you mean. There's an album for each mood, so to say.

Arjen's new project 'Stream of Passion' will be released on September 26th. You can hear (and see) the trailer on the website:

http://www.streamofpassion.com/

I found it very promising.

Peter

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2005-07-18, 15:15:02
I know what you mean. There's an album for each mood, so to say.

Arjen's new project 'Stream of Passion' will be released on September 26th. You can hear (and see) the trailer on the website:

http://www.streamofpassion.com/

I found it very promising.

Huaaaa, can hardly wait for it....! The trailer sounds (and looks) extremely promising. Wanna haaaaaave it!!!

Teunis

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2005-07-18, 15:56:31
Huaaaa, can hardly wait for it....! The trailer sounds (and looks) extremely promising. Wanna haaaaaave it!!!
So do I. The trailer is way too short. According to the Ayreon website more will be revealed soon.