News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

ARENA LIVE NOVEMBER 5 QUEBEC CITY AT IMPERIAL

Started by JACK RYDNER, Mon, 2005-11-07, 01:03:03

Previous topic - Next topic

JACK RYDNER

Yesterday, i saw Arena in quebec city, it was a great show like my first in 2003 at college st-charles garnier.The show during time i think 2 hours and half.Arena live is amazing, great persons, great music, great audiences,john mitchell amazing guitar player.After the show i talk little with the band and more with john. I asked what is his favorite album of arena, he answer to me pepper ghost. He talk about the visitor album , who he's dont like the singing of this album. I said is question of taste, for him rob is better. I dont understand why he dont like paul wrightson singing on the visitor album.For me Paul is excellent, i prefer him for crack in the ice, the hanging tree, state of grace, and the stuff on the first two albums like jericho, valley of the kings etc..I like rob too he's amazing on the last album, he's excellent for immortal,contagion, pepper's ghost. Rob is a nice guy, i shake his hand , we see is sincerity.

the set list on the concert is

Intro: The William's Tell Overture (with the new film... very good!!)
- Bedlam Fayre
- A Crack In The Ice
- Midas Vision
- The Hanging Tree
- A State Of Grace
- (Don't Forget To) Breathe
- Smoke And Mirrors
- Purgatory Road
- Waiting For The Flood
- Witch Hunt
- Medusa
- Serenity
- The Shattered Room
- The City Of Lanterns
- Riding The Tide
- Chosen
- Skin Game
- Enemy Without

ENCORES
- Crying For Help VII (rock version)
-The Butterfly man

Peter

Thank you very much for the report and your impressions, mate!

While reading, I was constantly thinking that for the telegram style there were still missing the "STOP"s in  between sentences, hehe :P
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Tristelune

How was Sense (the opening act)? I played with some guys in that band. It's a shame I could not attend the concert, I'm so sad... family emergency... :'(
Clive, how should I proceed to send you material from my own band for you to consider as an opening act or anything like distribution, production etc?
Thanks!

Blue

Bonjour a tous!

I saw Arena for the first time in Quebec and i can tell you that was a very great show from the first to the last minute.  After the show i talk (with my very bad english) with Rob, this guy is very very nice and the rest of the band too.  I tell her that he save my life because my job is very very...i don't know how to tell in english (plate, routinier, endormant), but i can listen to music all the day, it's a chance!  I never saw a band with as much generosity and availability with their fan than Arena. 

Peter

Quote from: Blue on Fri, 2005-11-11, 18:23:51
Bonjour a tous!

I saw Arena for the first time in Quebec and i can tell you that was a very great show from the first to the last minute.  After the show i talk (with my very bad english) with Rob, this guy is very very nice and the rest of the band too.  I tell her that he save my life because my job is very very...i don't know how to tell in english (plate, routinier, endormant), but i can listen to music all the day, it's a chance!  I never saw a band with as much generosity and availability with their fan than Arena. 

Hey blue, thanks for posting, and please come back very often for an entertaining timeout from your boring job :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

cactusjack

The Butterfly Man wasn't played, it was SOLOMON as the last song of the gig.

Quote from: JACK RYDNER on Mon, 2005-11-07, 01:03:03
Yesterday, i saw Arena in quebec city, it was a great show like my first in 2003 at college st-charles garnier.The show during time i think 2 hours and half.Arena live is amazing, great persons, great music, great audiences,john mitchell amazing guitar player.After the show i talk little with the band and more with john. I asked what is his favorite album of arena, he answer to me pepper ghost. He talk about the visitor album , who he's dont like the singing of this album. I said is question of taste, for him rob is better. I dont understand why he dont like paul wrightson singing on the visitor album.For me Paul is excellent, i prefer him for crack in the ice, the hanging tree, state of grace, and the stuff on the first two albums like jericho, valley of the kings etc..I like rob too he's amazing on the last album, he's excellent for immortal,contagion, pepper's ghost. Rob is a nice guy, i shake his hand , we see is sincerity.

the set list on the concert is

Intro: The William's Tell Overture (with the new film... very good!!)
- Bedlam Fayre
- A Crack In The Ice
- Midas Vision
- The Hanging Tree
- A State Of Grace
- (Don't Forget To) Breathe
- Smoke And Mirrors
- Purgatory Road
- Waiting For The Flood
- Witch Hunt
- Medusa
- Serenity