News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

ENCHANT

Started by POM, Thu, 2005-03-31, 09:28:41

Previous topic - Next topic

POM

Hi guys,

I was yesterday evening listening to Enchant live...
I'm so glad they finally came for a set of 2 hours 30 minutes!  ;D
They played all the songs I hoped and it was really, really great!
Special mention to Ted, the singer, soooooooooo good...

Did everyone else like them?  ;)

P.S.: the gig was at Spirit of 66.. next band I go to see there will be .. ARENA! Hope they'll stop for a evening in Belgium soon... pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssseeeeee  ::)

Moonloop

Never seen them live but got all the albums. Still prefer their first one "Blueprint" though (got the reissued ltd 2CD one with the demos disc  ;D )
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

The Voyager

In my opinion, ENCHANT isn't worthy to be so highly acclaimed. Not bad, though. Hey POM, take a look at MINDGAMES. Your compatriots deserve to attention. Their excellent debut CD "International Daylight" is a very sophisticated sympho-prog effort.

POM

Never heard about Mindgames!
Just had a look to their website, I'll listen to it (but not at the office  ::) )

Enchant wasn't properly "highly acclaimed" on wednesday, we were about 50 to listen to their gig   ;)  ;D

The Voyager

Â    Unfortunately, too many people value artists that really have nothing to do with Prog-rock.  >:( Let's hope, some future day our favourite genre of music will conquire a hudge audience all over the world... Try out Mindgames. As Rockreport said: "They might be Belgian, they surely deserve to be put in an international daylight". Recommended.

Peter

Quote from: The Voyager on Fri, 2005-04-01, 15:33:31Unfortunately, too many people value artists that really have nothing to do with Prog-rock.  >:(

Em, Voyager, there's actually nothing wrong with liking music that doesn't belong to the 'Prog-Rock'-Genre. Please remember, in the end it's all about personal taste, right.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Moonloop

Quote from: The Voyager on Fri, 2005-04-01, 15:33:31
    Unfortunately, too many people value artists that really have nothing to do with Prog-rock.  >:(

Well, I'd guess my collection of around 2000 albums is about 30% prog. I love most musical genres (excluding dance, rap, nu-metal) and have classical, Jazz, synth, Goth, Folk, Singer-Songwriter, Pop, Stadium Rock, 70's Rock, etc, etc.

Don't think people should pigeonhole their tastes, you either like the music or you don't. IMHO, naturally..!!

;D

The Voyager

Â       Should I agree? Cos, "there are only two kinds of music: good and bad. And it's all beyond category". But it's a pity, that army of Eminem or Britney fans is much more numerous than our prog-audience in a whole. :(  Do you think, I'm just crazy proghead?

Peter

Quote from: The Voyager on Fri, 2005-04-01, 17:18:49
        Should I agree? Cos, "there are only two kinds of music: good and bad. And it's all beyond category". But it's a pity, that army of Eminem or Britney fans is much more numerous than our prog-audience in a whole. :(  Do you think, I'm just crazy proghead?

No, but being a proghead and liking the more complex and artistic (-> i.e. brainy) claim about it, you should stay away from ignorant statements that would put you on the same level with those masses... ;)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Voyager

I've decided to wright some words owing to POM's phrase regarding Enchant - "we were about 50 to listen to their gig"...

gelert

Why am I suddenly losing the ability to understand English...?  ;)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Appelmoes??

I think we allready said enough about 'bad'-english from non-english persons and Voyagers 'black and white' point of view :)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Fri, 2005-04-01, 21:32:31
Why am I suddenly losing the ability to understand English...?  ;)

Well, I work on a team consisting of me (Northern England), a Geordie, a Scottish Lass, a Scouser and 2 Cockneys. Needless to say, we haven't got the faintest what each other's talking about half of the time  ;)

POM

Oups...  :-[

The aim of this topic was to talk about another band I like... And I didn't want you just to agree but to say what you think about them that's all!

I don't really know on wich basis someone can tell that some music is "bad" and some other music is "good".
I personnally HATE some type of music, just as I love some artists. But it's only my opininon ...

Peace...

Moonloop

Quote from: POM on Mon, 2005-04-04, 14:43:25

I don't really know on wich basis someone can tell that some music is "bad" and some other music is "good".

Well, listening to it and forming an opinion is the general basis that I use  ;D

(that wasn't meant to be patronising by the way, just volunteering an answer to the statement)

:)

To get back on topic though, I do rate Enchant although I'll admit some of the songs/albums are a bit "samey".

Appelmoes??

I almost bought an Enchant album today, but then I realized i was still about 16 days away from payday :(

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: Moonloop on Mon, 2005-04-04, 08:56:33
Well, I work on a team consisting of me (Northern England), a Geordie, a Scottish Lass, a Scouser and 2 Cockneys. Needless to say, we haven't got the faintest what each other's talking about half of the time  ;)

The Smoke, Toon, Sweaty Sock, and The 'Pool - no problem...

But I can't even understand simple written directions to a train station to claim free beer, from a "Northern England" person...

Eckky-thump...whippet unda t' arm..loooks like 'andbag

;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Mon, 2005-04-04, 21:48:16
The Smoke, Toon, Sweaty Sock, and The 'Pool - no problem...

But I can't even understand simple written directions to a train station to claim free beer, from a "Northern England" person...

Eckky-thump...whippet unda t' arm..loooks like 'andbag

;D

Thas reet funny tharis - me flat cap darn nearly fell off me yead wi laffin  ;D

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Moonloop on Tue, 2005-04-05, 08:47:53
Thas reet funny tharis - me flat cap darn nearly fell off me yead wi laffin  ;D
I can almost understand that :)

My drawings on MySpace