News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

April Gig at Reading

Started by Kev, Fri, 2008-02-22, 02:08:45

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffMc

Been decades since i was in Reading. Back when I used to churn out computer code, the company I worked for had an office in Reading. Was fun to go there.

wagner

Quote from: Deenfan on Fri, 2008-02-29, 11:24:46
Well, you noticing the quality of my English is proof that your own is very good!

;D

To be honest, I wasn't making fun of wagners sentence. Quite the contrary, I was having a laugh at how I was thrown off completely somewhere around the word "gervais's", which isn't a word, of course, but a name. Not having heard about the fellow, I didn't recognise it as a name since it wasn't a capital G at the front. Maybe I was already stumbling from the lack of an a in there when this threw me off balance, and that's why I toppled over completely when I got to the word "Quebecois" - having never seen that before either.

Far be it from me to make more fun of other than of myself. Self-irony... -that's the dog's bollocks!!!

To answer your question, I'm an anglophile, and I know a lot of people over there. Also got a few friends in the US.

And I think I've read a book in Norwegian probably twice the last fifteen years, whereas I've devoured probably two undred in English in the same period. It's probably sad, really...

Well, Ok my English is not perfect! but Quebecois  is the  name given to the people from Quebec like me... so I am Quebecoise... Should read a bit of French books as well!!!  ;) mite learn where is Quebec and which language we speak... hahahhahah!  :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D :P *horns*
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

Nicky007

Quote from: jeffMc on Fri, 2008-02-29, 15:30:24
Been decades since i was in Reading. Back when I used to churn out computer code, the company I worked for had an office in Reading. Was fun to go there.

Hey Jeff, I see that we're pretty much the same age. Would be interesting to see your Listening Profile - please (as Mommy taught me)  :)

And since you have stopped "churning out computer code", what are you doing nowadays ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Deenfan

Quote from: wagner on Sat, 2008-03-01, 10:14:08
Well, Ok my English is not perfect! but Quebecois  is the  name given to the people from Quebec like me... so I am Quebecoise... Should read a bit of French books as well!!!  ;) mite learn where is Quebec and which language we speak... hahahhahah!  :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D :P *horns*

Since I also love Canada, I know where you're at! ;)

And the word made sense when I wasn't befuddled by the whole sentence and I'd looked at it again. We also have such endings in Norwegian to make a new word descriptive of where you're from. As for trying to read a book in French... Apart from a few rude words, I know naaaaathing, so that wouldn't do me much good! :D

Are you not, pardon my ignorance, in the minority, speaking French over there? I thought it was like 30-40% or something, and the rest English?

wagner

I'll forgive you   :D
in Quebec it's 70/30 French speaking  but the rest of Canada the majority is English... they can't get rid of us... hihi!
And we love Arena!
*horns*
Wagner
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

Deenfan

Well, good on you!

Man, we're on topic here...

Smegal

Hey everybody,

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS IN THE READING AREA!!!!!!

Thats right kids!!!

Smeagal's Pub

The Greyhound Inn,
Wargrave,
Reading,
Berks,
RG10 8BU.

Come and have a beer xx
MY PRECIOUS

maddox

Quote from: Smegal on Tue, 2008-03-04, 17:10:46
Hey everybody,

Thats right kids!!!

Smeagal's Pub

The Greyhound Inn,
Wargrave,
Reading,
Berks,
RG10 8BU.

Come and have a beer xx

Buy me a ticket and i'll be there.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

"Come and have a beer..."

That is torture!!! Such a great and tempting invitation, and you're like 2500 kilometers away!!!! >:(

But I like your attitude! ;D

bluepony

Quote from: Smegal on Tue, 2008-03-04, 17:10:46
Hey everybody,

Thats right kids!!!

Smeagal's Pub

The Greyhound Inn,
Wargrave,
Reading,
Berks,
RG10 8BU.

Come and have a beer xx

Oooh, Smegal, that's very tempting - even more now that I actually am in the UK!

PH

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2008-03-11, 15:30:19Oooh, Smegal, that's very tempting - even more now that I actually am in the UK!

You paid Clive a visit?

bluepony

Good guess, Paco!
Yep. I did (am doing, actually).  ;D

PH

You're staying at his home?
Tell him to hurry up with Contagion The Max. ;D ;D ;D

Draco chimera

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-11, 19:39:26
You're staying at his home?
Tell him to hurry up with Contagion The Max. ;D ;D ;D
Oh yes, it would be great... :P ::)I'm shure thatyou've just said what everybody wanted. :D
Let your conscience decide !

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-11, 17:05:44
You paid Clive a visit?

Bluey, you sure got all of our imaginations spinning with all your hints   ::)

Poor Clive, he prob didnt have any inkling of what terrors would be unleashed upon him  :o

;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2008-03-15, 20:32:41Poor Clive, he prob didnt have any inkling of what terrors would be unleashed upon him  :o

We haven't heard anything from Clive since Bluey came to visit him...
Perhaps he's dead... :o

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2008-03-15, 20:50:41
We haven't heard anything from Clive since Bluey came to visit him...
Perhaps he's dead... :o
::)

Let me assure you, he is not!!

Nicky007

He's just trussed, gagged, and tethered  :o

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

jeffMc

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2008-03-01, 11:00:43
Hey Jeff, I see that we're pretty much the same age. Would be interesting to see your Listening Profile - please (as Mommy taught me)  :)

And since you have stopped "churning out computer code", what are you doing nowadays ?

Nicky.
I listen to my old buddy Thomas Arne, I think he and I are the same age ;) Party down at Vauxhall.

Just kidding.

In reality, I listen to a lot of prog rock and alternative stuff. I am really into Porcupine Tree now a days, as well as the good music from Arena, Pendragon, etc.

Well, what do i do today? Well, I work for a US-Based subscription music service running a product group. T'is fun. I occasionally still code for my own amusement. When i am not doing that, I am still putting the finishing touches on the studio bolted onto my house. Oh, and occasionally imbibing a wee dram of a cadenhead. ;)