News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Many thanks from "the Mad French"

Started by degreef, Mon, 2005-10-24, 12:54:41

Previous topic - Next topic

degreef

Sylvie and me have the opportunity to see 5 gigs of the 10th anniversary Pepper's ghost Tour and I need to say how wonderful it was to see the band going so well at the end of the tour in Zoetermeer (Netherland). In my dreams, I see so often a reunion of ancient members of Arena playing old songs and "middle" songs ;-), and this time, they'll make it. It was a big pleasure to see Paul Wrightson and John Jowitt performing some songs of "The visitor" and "Medusa", and you can feel the magic of losing 7 years of life in a few seconds... Great memories to add in the big scheme of life.

I even had the chance to be a part of the show in Germany and I must thank the video crew for making it possible. So thank you Ben and Andy and good luck for finding a job, finish your studies and for the rest of your life with or without Arena...
Many thanks to Clive for making so much for us, be sure we will try our best to bring a big cake for the next anniversary Tour in Paris with a bottle of Krupneck ??? to make it taste better 8-).
We thank also Mick (and his kind wife), Rob, John, Ian, Paul and JJ for giving us so much pleasure with the music played live.
Some of the people we meet at concert must think we're really mad to do all these distance to see the same gig over and over (Zoetermeer was the 36th time we saw Arena live), but that's why we're called "The Mad French"... This time we were particulary glad to see the set-list change every evening although with every song played, it's always the same pleasure, the same shivers running down our spine, the same gooseflesh going without interruption during all the set.
The "Mad French" will be back on the road to see Pendragon next year, without forgetting Kino in a few weeks...

Peter

36? Jeez, that's a lot. Do you go on holidays to be able to follow Arena around on tour?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

You must be
a. rich
2. lucky
d. bankrobber

Che

Hey,  Degreef&family! :)
The crazy Lithuanian will be with all of you next tour...... I hope  ;D And i will try to bring alooot of "bottles of Krupneck" i know how to do it allready :))) Clive, be warried!!!  ::) ;D
Hasta la Victoria Siempre!

Che

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2005-10-24, 17:43:22
You must be
a. rich
2. lucky
d. bankrobber

U dont have to be rich to go to the concerts :) i hed 3 free days and just came with hitchhiking 2160 km at one direction for one of Arenas concerts (wanted to go to a Karsluhe, but came there just at 2 in the night - concert was finished, i didnt know where the bus is, and just went to Augsburg.... cold, tired, but funny and... "ARENA IM COMEING!!! 8)" and then lucky.... JUST LUCKY! :) It was great :) perfect..... JUST PERFECT TIME! :))) Thank You Guys :)
And not just because they are a lovely professional musicians with totally the best music /for me/... They are 100% great people! Nice persones id love to talk to.. ^) Just nice guys :) Thank You again!!!  :D

Clive

Now guys.... at this point I think it's important to tell you that the drink in question is spelt....KRUPNIK  :)
I'd hate you to turn up with armfulls of 'KrapNeck' or something, just in case it actually exists!  ;)

Peter

Quote from: Che on Tue, 2005-10-25, 03:31:14
U dont have to be rich to go to the concerts :) i hed 3 free days and just came with hitchhiking 2160 km at one direction for one of Arenas concerts (wanted to go to a Karsluhe, but came there just at 2 in the night - concert was finished, i didnt know where the bus is, and just went to Augsburg.... cold, tired, but funny and... "ARENA IM COMEING!!! 8)" and then lucky.... JUST LUCKY! :) It was great :) perfect..... JUST PERFECT TIME! :))) Thank You Guys :)
And not just because they are a lovely professional musicians with totally the best music /for me/... They are 100% great people! Nice persones id love to talk to.. ^) Just nice guys :) Thank You again!!!  :D

Now, that's a hard core fan, here...!

Clive

That's what we need Peter.... :)
So.... When do you start hitchhiking for the Canada gigs?... ;D

Peter

Quote from: Clive on Tue, 2005-10-25, 10:16:46
That's what we need Peter.... :)
So.... When do you start hitchhiking for the Canada gigs?... ;D

argl.... no chance, my wife would come chasing me home :D

Clive

Che

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2005-10-25, 10:14:47
Now, that's a hard core fan, here...!

They deserved it  ;)And im not so mutch fan of Arena... im just alittle bit fan and alittle bit crazy  :P Canada You say?!  ;D

Clive, great to see you :)

degreef

Hi to all,

Peter said :

36? Jeez, that's a lot. Do you go on holidays to be able to follow Arena around on tour?

Sure ! It is holidays if you think about it. In 2003, it turned out to be the best holidays I've had in my life even if there were some tension in the camping-car (camper) we rent for the occasion because we were extremely tired after 3500 km following the band.

PH said :
You must be
a. rich
2. lucky
d. bankrobber

I'm not rich, I live comfortably but it can't be possible to do all these gigs without the help of the band. I try to do my best to help them the more we can...

Lucky, yes, to have a wife that has the same taste in music than me...

Bankrobber : lolll

Alain

And

Che

Saryna

Looks like I'd better start hitchiking tomorrow then.  As for the 'krapneck', being a small female I won't be able to drag it.  I'll get it when I get there. ;)  And Che, I'm a mad frenchie too, only with a touch of german and scottish mixed in.

Che

Saryna, nice to meet you  ;D
What about Kroupnick....... I have no ideas how to write it in english - it was a nacional Lithuanian, drink sometime, but now some Latvians, russions and Polad people make it eather...  8)
I found out a pecept of this magic drink  :D I dont think thet You have, but anyway...  You have to take one litre of STRONG beer (9 - 10% alc.), put there 300 grams of honey and to make it boil together, put some cinnamon inside  :) Then, when it will be not so hot put inside some Yeast with a litle bit of sugar (hope thet you`ll know what i mean :) ) and to put all this Mix somewhere for a 2 - 3 days. Last, but not least - take a botle of tasty Russion Vodka(or just vodka:) ), and put it inside into this mix :) Cover it, and leave it for two mounth - it will be tasty mr. Clive`s favorite alkohol drink  ;D