News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Anybody got...

Started by gelert, Mon, 2005-02-07, 20:22:59

Previous topic - Next topic

gelert

...any decent links and / or contacts, from where I can obtain wierd-and-wonderful CD's of "lost masterpieces"...?

In particular, I'm after...

Shabby Tiger's one and only LP (on CD, natch...)
Duffo - both of their LP's (d'oh - on CD...another Australian 'oufit')
Redgum (er, yet another Australian 'artiste')
A cheaper(?) source of "The Good Rats" material (band web-site wants $20US, just for delivery to the UK...!)
After The Fire - Signs Of Change
Ananta
Rick Wakeman (hurray, I hear you cry...a name I recognise...!) White Rock & Criminal Record & No Earthly Connection...and they're NOT in the "box-set"...)

Record companies have a plethora of "lost" masterpieces hidden in their vaults (The Enid's ORIGINAL EMI recording of "In The Region Of The Summer Stars" anyone...!), but seem content to re-issue(?) YET another Styx compilation, ffuxache...!

I'm pretty much Googled-out for the above, but post away with YOUR wishlists...I may be able to help you...!
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Moonloop

Well, I can sort of help with one query (but you're not going to like it  ;D )

I asked the same question to Robert Godfrey a few years ago re the original "In The Region Of The Summer Stars" getting a decent CD release. He said the whilst copyright was held by EMI, he himself had the master tapes and unfortunately these were destroyed in the Claret Hall fire (along with several others).

The only chance of a CD release therefore would be from a secondary source, something which I doubt will ever happen (a bit like a new Enid album, seemingly).

Still, there's always hope, eh....  ;D

(incidentally, I did hear that "Criminal Record" was due for a remaster but can't remember where I read it - will investigate)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

keyboardistmatt

I've just been running though the archives here...

Try these...:-

www.loud1.net (Rock CD retailer)

www.amazon.co.uk (you can get everything.... Seriously.... EVERYTHING on here!!!!!!!!)
:)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Proglady

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2005-09-04, 13:06:49
I've just been running though the archives here...

Try these...:-

www.loud1.net (Rock CD retailer)

www.amazon.co.uk (you can get everything.... Seriously.... EVERYTHING on here!!!!!!!!)
:)
I tried amazon, sorry not everything there, because there is no GREENWALL!!!!!!!! I am, or better, I was looking for a CD from GREENWALL

keyboardistmatt

Proglady

No, also not there  ???

Greenwall is a Progressive Rockband from Italy and I found the CD from http://www.btf.it  ;D

bundy

Quote from: gelert on Mon, 2005-02-07, 20:22:59
...any decent links and / or contacts, from where I can obtain wierd-and-wonderful CD's of "lost masterpieces"...?

Redgum (er, yet another Australian 'artiste')

Record companies have a plethora of "lost" masterpieces hidden in their vaults (The Enid's ORIGINAL EMI recording of "In The Region Of The Summer Stars" anyone...!), but seem content to re-issue(?) YET another Styx compilation, ffuxache...!

I'm pretty much Googled-out for the above, but post away with YOUR wishlists...I may be able to help you...!

http://www.sanity.com.au

have a couple of Redgum titles in stock at the moment both for under $20 Aus. They are a very large music retail chain here in Australia. I saw Redgum Live several times in the early 60s and a good live act hey were to. I still have a number of their albums on vinyl but no CDs. Sanity currently have an anthology and the excellent live album Caught in the Act in stock. If You Don't Fight You Lose is my favourite with Brown Rice and Kerosene a close second.

gelert

Quote from: bundy on Mon, 2005-09-12, 15:03:15
http://www.sanity.com.au

have a couple of Redgum titles in stock at the moment both for under $20 Aus. They are a very large music retail chain here in Australia. I saw Redgum Live several times in the early 60s and a good live act hey were to. I still have a number of their albums on vinyl but no CDs. Sanity currently have an anthology and the excellent live album Caught in the Act in stock. If You Don't Fight You Lose is my favourite with Brown Rice and Kerosene a close second.

Early 60's ....? Surely the 70's or 80's...? (Hugh is a distant cousin of mine, BTW)...

I've got "The Anthology" and "Caught In The Act" on CD...and I've got "If You Don't Fight You Lose" on vinyl...guess that I'll just have to transfer that onto CD...same as Beltane Fire, the ORIGINAL "In The Region Of The Summer Stars", et al....

But thanx for the reply....if anybody could've got Redgum "back-catelogue", it would've been an Aussie...

BTW, I haven't mentioned the cricket once...

Oh Damn...!  ;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

bundy

Quote from: gelert on Mon, 2005-09-12, 18:32:40
Early 60's ....? Surely the 70's or 80's...? (Hugh is a distant cousin of mine, BTW)...

BTW, I haven't mentioned the cricket once...

Oh Damn...!  ;D

Doh, Damn typos. That'll teach me not to proofread before posting!!

As for the cricket the result's good for the game.The Ashes are only very tempoarily back in England. They will be very hard pressed to retain them out here when they next tour.

Moonloop

Quote from: bundy on Tue, 2005-09-13, 06:20:33
The Ashes are only very tempoarily back in England. They will be very hard pressed to retain them out here when they next tour.

Yeah, lets face it, we have the added advantage of Rain over here..!!  ;)

bundy

Yep - Not only did we have the umpires against us, the weather even helped you out as well. :P

gelert

A'hem...

Anybody got any good linx that don't involve pussies aussies in sport...?

Otherwise I might have to start quoting Mark Weber's recent stats, weather / umpires or not...and that won't be pretty, eh... ;)

bundy

Goodness me what is the world coming to? English teams currently holding The Ashes AND the Rugby World Cup??????

Next thing we know there will be an English tennis player winning Wimbledon and the English soccer team will be doing their country proud!? Then I really would know it's all just a very bad dream!!! 

Moonloop

Quote from: bundy on Wed, 2005-09-14, 07:41:32
and the English soccer team will be doing their country proud!?

Now that IS stretching the realms of fantasy a bit  ;D

Don't forget Liverpool FC being current European Champions though  8) (I was looking for a 'smug' emoticon but I guess 'cool' will have to do)

bundy

Quote from: Moonloop on Wed, 2005-09-14, 08:44:55
Now that IS stretching the realms of fantasy a bit  ;D

Don't forget Liverpool FC being current European Champions though  8) (I was looking for a 'smug' emoticon but I guess 'cool' will have to do)

Yep - Very big Gunners fan here and have been since the mid 70s. If the Reds could do it last year then Arsene's boys have to be a good chance this year, and wouldn't it be a great way to cap off The Iceman's career! I'm just glad it was Liverpool last year and not Chelsea. At least that's something Roman's money hasn't bought, for the time being at least!

gelert

Old Roman was rumoured to be in-line to buy an F1 Team (possibly with Eddie Irvine - LOL)...
But now that Red Bull have bought Minardi, it looks like there aren't any more EXISTING teams left to purchase...

...unless you count Ferrari...going "for a song" if this season's results are anything to go by...!

Strange how that Michael's current Race-Engineer is an Aussie...!

Nevermind...re-runs of Kylie in "Neighbours" on UK Gold will no doubt keep us Poms amused....  ::)

Joke:
Q: How do you know when a Quantas plane has landed at Heathrow...?
A: Even though the engines have been turned-off, you can still hear the whining...!

;D

gelert

Shabby Tiger's one and only LP (on CD, natch...) Still no joy.
Duffo - both of their LP's (d'oh - on CD...another Australian 'oufit') Jeff Duff's 1st CD (Duffo) on it's way to me as I type. Still trying to source "Bob The Birdman" on CD.
Redgum (er, yet another Australian 'artiste') Got a "best of" during the year, but the band/CBS haven't re-released "If You Don't Fight, You Lose" yet on CD.
A cheaper(?) source of "The Good Rats" material (band web-site wants $20US, just for delivery to the UK...!) All CDs now paid for and received, after striking a deal with the band, via their website.
After The Fire - Signs Of Change Got from the ATF website earlier this year http://www.clickmachine.net/atf/index.cfm?fa=shop
Ananta source found via MusicStack
Rick Wakeman (hurray, I hear you cry...a name I recognise...!) White Rock & Criminal Record & No Earthly Connection...and they're NOT in the "box-set"...) Got for Xmas, on Mrs. Gelert's credit-card, from Amazon US...about US$60 for all three, 24-bit remastered (allegedly, but they sound GREAT anyway).

Just a quick update... (the stuff in red, BTW   ::) )

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: gelert on Sun, 2005-12-25, 16:50:51

Yer a good lad! ;D

Moonloop

Don't suppose you have any spare copies of Grey Lady Down's "Live Bootleg" do you  ;D

gelert

Quote from: Moonloop on Sat, 2006-02-04, 13:27:38
Don't suppose you have any spare copies of Grey Lady Down's "Live Bootleg" do you  ;D

Which one...?

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: gelert on Sun, 2005-12-25, 16:50:51

Just out of curiosity, is the Wakeman 'No earthly Connection' on CD??

gelert

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Fri, 2006-04-28, 20:25:53
Just out of curiosity, is the Wakeman 'No earthly Connection' on CD??

Yes...UICY-9295 is the A&M number stamped all over the paper work, with reference to 1976 (I didn't know that CDs were about then, but whatever)...however reference is made to a 2003 24-bit remaster featuring UM3 Japan/Universal Music K.K., who claim to be a Universal Music Company...but no further code.

A link is provided on the back of the CD...http://www.universal-music.co.jp/

Hope that this is helpful.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: gelert on Sat, 2006-05-06, 20:48:17
Yes...UICY-9295 is the A&M number stamped all over the paper work, with reference to 1976 (I didn't know that CDs were about then, but whatever)...however reference is made to a 2003 24-bit remaster featuring UM3 Japan/Universal Music K.K., who claim to be a Universal Music Company...but no further code.

A link is provided on the back of the CD...http://www.universal-music.co.jp/

Hope that this is helpful.

No, CDs were not about then... But Rick has said that A&M wouldn't re-release No Earthly Connection on CD.  But they must have changed their mind.

The link isn't very helpful, as I can't read computer translations of Japanese. ;)

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2006-05-07, 02:12:17The link isn't very helpful, as I can't read computer translations of Japanese. ;)
Don't know what you're all talking about but maybe I can help you anyway.
This is the translated website for you, using worldlingo.com
http://www.worldlingo.com/SH0gfCf2o9dO0pUmQ5ajOClh9m0NbeSkm/translate

gelert

Another quick update...

Shabby Tiger's one and only LP (on CD, natch...) Just arrived this morning on LP...transfering it to CD as I type...bloody bonza Oz Bubblegum Pop/Rock.
Duffo - both of their LP's (d'oh - on CD...another Australian 'oufit') Got a "Best Of" and the 1st LP on CD eventually...still after the second and third LPs on CD.
Redgum (er, yet another Australian 'artiste') ...Again, got another "Best Of" but I'm still in the market for more of their CDs.
A cheaper(?) source of "The Good Rats" material (band web-site wants $20US, just for delivery to the UK...!) All got.
After The Fire - Signs Of Change Still available from the band's website
Ananta Ebay bid is hopefully going to be successful.
Rick Wakeman (hurray, I hear you cry...a name I recognise...!) White Rock & Criminal Record & No Earthly Connection...and they're NOT in the "box-set"...) All got now.