News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Landmarq

Started by PH, Sat, 2006-04-29, 14:58:20

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

I have heard some Landmarq-songs from the albums Infinity Parade and the live album Thunderstruck which wants me to listen to some more (I think Tracy Hitchings has an excellent voice!).

I heard and saw on their site that Landmarq will release another album this year!
Does someone know some more info about this?
What's the name of the next album?
The release date?
Anything?

Thanks in advance!

Herben

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2006-04-29, 14:58:20
I have heard some Landmarq-songs from the albums Infinity Parade and the live album Thunderstruck which wants me to listen to some more (I think Tracy Hitchings has an excellent voice!)
Thanks in advance!
Where can You find any Landmarq albums are they available in the music shops?
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

PH

Quote from: Herben on Sat, 2006-09-02, 17:39:18
Where can You find any Landmarq albums are they available in the music shops?

I don't know. ;D Try through their official website: http://www.landmarq.net/

Herben

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2006-09-02, 18:51:13
I don't know. ;D Try through their official website: http://www.landmarq.net/
Yes I've found it so they did 4 albums and 2 live ones, is their music comparable to DreamTheater or Threshold,
what sort of music would You name it?
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

PH

Hmmm no not like Dreamtheater or Threshold.
To be honest, the live CD 'Thunderstruck' sounds very similar to Arena.
As for the other CDs I wouldn't know... I haven't heard them. I've heard a bit of Infinity Parade, and with a voice like Damian Wilson it might sound a bit like a calmer version of early Threshold, but I DON'T KNOW 'cause I'm not really a Threshold fan and I haven't heard Infinity Parade so much. I prefer the voice of Tracy Hitchings anyway.

I strongly recommend Thunderstruck (the live album).
But try to find some reviews, they might help. ;)

JJ II

They are about to release a DVD/CD version of Turbulence, which basically is their new album, because 95% of it is new material. I have the DVD only version already, but I fear the CD will not be available separately.

I think Thunderstruck and Aftershock are two great live-albums. Together they are a full show. (Too bad they haven't been released as such).

With these three live albums you have the essence of their material, sung by the wondeful Tracy Hithcings, who regrettably only recorded one (great!) studio-album: science of coincidence.

Their first three albums (with Damian) have been rereleased recently. Thouight teh firts two have a somewhat dated production by now, I still enjoy them thoroghly. Bottom line, if you like melodic prog (Arena, Pendragon, Camel) you're about to like Landmarq as well.

PH

Thanks JJ II!!!!
Are they gonna release it on Insideout or something?
I absolutely NEED the albums (live or studio) with Tracy on it. She does a far better job than Damian I think. Not that Damian is bad at it or something, Tracy just makes it more Arena-like. The songs performed by Tracy are much much much much darker!

Proglady

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-09-03, 16:20:24
Thanks JJ II!!!!
Are they gonna release it on Insideout or something?
I absolutely NEED the albums (live or studio) with Tracy on it. She does a far better job than Damian I think. Not that Damian is bad at it or something, Tracy just makes it more Arena-like. The songs performed by Tracy are much much much much darker!

Hi PH, did you find Landmarq CDs? If not, maybe you want to check this german mailorder site http://www.empire-music.de/catalogue/katalog.php3  ;) Most of the CDs are available!