News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Nolan & Wakeman

Started by PH, Sun, 2006-05-14, 16:55:27

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Nolan and Wakeman can be described as "the Ayreon project of Nolan (and Wakeman)".
This is soooo good music, and they've only released two albums so far, I'm sure the fans are screaming for more... ;)

In my opinion 'The Hound Of The Baskervilles' (Arthur Conan Doyle) is better than 'Jabberwocky' (Lewis Caroll), but actually they're both VERY good! And there are GREAT vocalists involved!
I hope Clive and Oliver are busy on a third N&W album!
They seem to record albums with a poetic background, literary books are their main inspiration, so I'm wondering what's next!

Maybe 'Alice In Wonderland'! Or what about 'King Arthur'? 'Dracula' perhaps? 'Frankenstein'?
So much literature to choose from!

Here you can read the whole Hound Of The Baskervilles story! If you haven't already. ;)

Lewis Caroll's Through The Looking Glass in which you can read the Jabberwocky poem.

It would be sooo good if Clive and Oliver make another album!
Of course again with Bob Catley if possible! :P And Ashley Holt! I LOVE his dramatic voice!! (Does he sing in a band or something? I don't know him. ???) And no N&W project without Tracy Hitchings! ;) And maybe putting Paul Wrightson on a lead vocal somewhere instead of backing vocals! :o

Are there any plans yet, Clive?

ironcow2103

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-05-14, 16:55:27
'Frankenstein'?

IIRC Clive did post "ye olde email list" a year or so back about this. Frankenstein was the mooted project, but he and Oliver had problems with Russian (?) bootlegging...

After Hound (and the C19th influences on Pepper's Ghost), I'd love to hear Frankenstein given the Nolan/Wakeman treatment.