News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Blackfield pictures

Started by Peter, Mon, 2007-02-26, 22:55:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

I was at the Blackfield gig last Saturday, and here are some pictures i took for you :D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Butterfly Man

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice pictures! I'm gonna see them tomorrow in "De Boerderij" in The Netherlands! I'm looking forward to it!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Nice!

And how was the gig, Peter? And how was Pure Reason Revolution?
I thought you were in love with that band. ;)
I was wondering if they lived up to your expectations. I mean, there's lots of effects in their music, and the music is quite "full", did they get the same sound live?

EDIT: ...I thought Aviv was crazy to put himself in that clothes... and it seems that he thought so too...
Anyway, the pictures are amazing! I can imagine you enjoyed yourself!

Peter

Folks, that was an absolutely fantastic evening for me.

Pure Reason Revolution showed up on 20.30h and their part lasted only till 21.15h, but it was great. They played a good number of tracks from the Dark Third, and I found myself singing along very happily. Chloe was quite a sight, too :D She always played the bass guitar with a little smile on her face and the whole band seemed to enjoy theirselvses, just as much as I did. The trip would've worth it, even if the concert would've been over then. I've owned the CD for something like a half or 3/4 year now, and I must say, I was really amazed how much of the techincality they managed to bring on stage. Those guys really know what they're doing. The sound was really good, albeit the bass being a bit too woofy from time to time.

Blackfield played from around 22.00h till 23.30, you can see the setlist in the last picture of gallery 5. I also managed to get one of Aviv's picks from a roadie :) I was even happier then, I couldn't get the smile from my face while they played, it was so great.

I'm not too sure how long the tour will continue, but if they show up somewhere near you, take the drive and go there! It'll be wort it!

Peter

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2007-02-27, 00:28:46
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice pictures! I'm gonna see them tomorrow in "De Boerderij" in The Netherlands! I'm looking forward to it!

Tom

Have lots of fun then :D

Bupie

OK, I am digging this one out...

I was on Amazon Music listening to whatever album while reading/working and when the album ended a playlist started on its own. After a few nice songs, mostly melodic prog (Saga, Neal Morse...), an incredibly catchy tune starts. I stop reading and have a look at the title/band : "Oxigen" by Blackfield. Blackfield, I remember, is one of the numerous Steven Wilson projects but I had never checked it, not one album or even song. The song comes from Open Mind, a best of of their first five albums at the time. So I listen to that album in full and I am pretty much blown away. It reminds me of some of the catchiest Porcupine Tree songs  (Lazarus obviously but also Trains or The Sound of Muzak).

It's never to late to discover a great band I guess  :)

Teunis

Yeah, sometimes you find gems very late, but never too late ;). I remember playing the first two albums and I liked them, but I don't play them anymore. The albums after that are a bit too 'poppy'. Steven Wilson has less influence nowadays I've read and you hear that, less quallity. Will play the first two albums again.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Quote from: Bupie on Sat, 2021-02-27, 05:10:40
OK, I am digging this one out...

I was on Amazon Music listening to whatever album while reading/working and when the album ended a playlist started on its own. After a few nice songs, mostly melodic prog (Saga, Neal Morse...), an incredibly catchy tune starts. I stop reading and have a look at the title/band : "Oxigen" by Blackfield. Blackfield, I remember, is one of the numerous Steven Wilson projects but I had never checked it, not one album or even song. The song comes from Open Mind, a best of of their first five albums at the time. So I listen to that album in full and I am pretty much blown away. It reminds me of some of the catchiest Porcupine Tree songs  (Lazarus obviously but also Trains or The Sound of Muzak).

It's never to late to discover a great band I guess  :)

Than you probably will like the new Wilson album.
Reminds me a lot of Blackfield.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

Blackfield: yup, great project, catchy tunes, love it, especially for car travel :D

Wilson's solo stuff basically all disappointed me a lot. I had expected something in between Blackfield and Porcupine Tree or so, but he's not into makeing Rock or even Hard Rock any more, as he stated in an interview. I had bought the back catalogue out of sheer euphoria to have more "PT-like" music, but had to pay apprentice's due, so to say.

Pineapple Thief is more like what I had expected, which is the band Gavin Harrison is now drumming for.