News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

That difficult second album

Started by Xanxtuary, Sun, 2005-05-01, 15:27:36

Previous topic - Next topic

What should my band CRUSTY DISHCLOTH call their second album?

The Malevolence of Moths
2 (12.5%)
Reminded in Custardy
4 (25%)
The Last Dalek on Earth
1 (6.3%)
Broadband Malady of 2005
0 (0%)
Xanxa's Shoe Fetish
0 (0%)
It's Life, Xanxa, but not as we know it
1 (6.3%)
In, out then in again through the Revolving Door
2 (12.5%)
Houses of the Hogweed
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Xanxtuary

My beloved, hard-working progband CRUSTY DISHCLOTH are as I type, in the studio working diligently on their second album, a follow up to the stunning "TWITCHIN' IN THE KITCHEN".

We have several working titles for this difficult second outing, and would welcome the views of the denizens of these hallowed fora to help us decide.

Incidentally, the name CRUSTY DISHCLOTH was chosen in a poll of the members of the Genesis message boards, so you will be following a grand tradition here.
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Peter

I voted 'Reminded in Custardy'.

If I'm not mistaken this is a wordplay with 'custard' and 'custody'... but I must say that 'Malevolence of Moths' is really the runner-up here. Was a hard decision for me!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Xanxtuary

Yes, Peter, correct.  Wordplay is a disease that I caught off Peter Gabriel and Fish in the early eighties and has remained one of my afflictions ever since.  Besides, custard is delicious!  8)

Moonloop

I voted for the "Last Dalek on Earth" - especially after it was killed during last Saturday's Dr Who....  ;)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Moonloop on Tue, 2005-05-10, 12:03:28
I voted for the "Last Dalek on Earth" - especially after it was killed during last Saturday's Dr Who....  ;)

Which was precisely where we got the idea from ...

keyboardistmatt

Xanxa's Shoe Fetish??

Do you have a shoe fetish then? ???
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

gelert

I went for Reminded In Custardy, as it was a trifle better than the others...  ;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Herben

I voted: In, out then in again through the Revolving Door, I thought that was a funny title, but I think the title has got something tot do with what's the album about, if I knew that I might have chosen some other title.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Xanxtuary

Well the album is basically a three week concept about the trials and tribulations of a red and white striped deckchair on Brighton beach, which falls in love with a sardine leaping in Portsmouth Harbour.  Tragically, the sardine ends up as the main course in Neal Morse's famous restaurant The Sardinium (Portsmouth harbour branch).  There are two other branches, Southampton (run by Martin Orford) and Bristol Harbour (run by Chip Winterweed).  The deckchair mounts a rescue mission with the help of an umbrella but the umbrella gets run over by an Eddie Stobart lorry carrying shrink wrapped sardines to the Sardinium ...

I'd better stop there, I'm coming over all emotional!  :'(

Xanxtuary

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sat, 2005-05-21, 17:36:39
Xanxa's Shoe Fetish??

Do you have a shoe fetish then? ???

erm ... ever so slightly ...

My Dad used to call me Emelda Marcos back in the eighties!

Herben

After reading Your story I would name it: The story of the Sardine & the Dekchair
Would that be a good name or maybe too simple, too close to the story You told.
Other name:               The cruelty of men to Fish
Let me think............... The Journey of the Sardine
or.                             The lovestory of the Sardine & Dekchair

Well I don't know, You'd better pick a name of You list, I think those are better. ??? ???

Constable Hogweed

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Mon, 2005-07-18, 21:50:57
Well the album is basically a three week concept about the trials and tribulations of a red and white striped deckchair on Brighton beach, which falls in love with a sardine leaping in Portsmouth Harbour.  Tragically, the sardine ends up as the main course in Neal Morse's famous restaurant The Sardinium (Portsmouth harbour branch).  There are two other branches, Southampton (run by Martin Orford) and Bristol Harbour (run by Chip Winterweed).  The deckchair mounts a rescue mission with the help of an umbrella but the umbrella gets run over by an Eddie Stobart lorry carrying shrink wrapped sardines to the Sardinium ...

I'd better stop there, I'm coming over all emotional!  :'(

Have you been at our stash box again my beloved. ;) :-*

Peter

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2005-07-20, 09:11:20
What the **** is a deckchair?

Peter, a deckchair is a foldable chair with a wooden frame and usually a canvas seat.  You will see them at typical English seaside resorts such as Blackpool, Margate, etc.  Usually, they are for rent, and a ticket seller comes around and makes you buy a ticket if you are sitting in one.  You can buy your own of course, and the ones you get in shops are usually nicer and more comfortable than the rented ones.

gelert

But the ones that you get in shops are inflatable, whereas the rented ones are the real-deal...

Er...

Sorry...

What was the question again...?

:-[
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Herben

Quote from: gelert on Wed, 2005-07-20, 19:39:47
But the ones that you get in shops are inflatable, whereas the rented ones are the real-deal...

Er...

Sorry...

What was the question again...?

:-[
It was about a love relation between a dekchair and a fish.

Peter

Geeee, that makes the whole story a whole lot ... errr, crazier than I even thought it was.

gelert

...17/9

...middle 7.75's...

Welcome to a Prog-Forum...  :D

Xanxtuary

Quote from: gelert on Wed, 2005-07-20, 19:39:47

Actually you can purchase sort of plastic deckchairs from places like Homebase, B&Q, etc, or for those living across the pond (not the one with the thin ice on) mayhap in the Home Depot or Crappy Tyre!!

Personally I prefer those shiny metal chairs that one often sees outside cafes in fine weather, much beloved in France, Italy, etc.  they look really cool but are extremely uncomfortable to park one's well-proportioned posterior on to partake of a rastachino or something!

Herben

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Sun, 2005-07-24, 15:08:37
Personally I prefer those shiny metal chairs that one often sees outside cafes in fine weather, much beloved in France, Italy, etc.  they look really cool but are extremely uncomfortable to park one's well-proportioned posterior on to partake of a rastachino or something!
Are those chairs also comfortable for a Sardine???

oddball

Only if you place them underwater. Sardines don't like lying in the sun.
There's really nothing to achieve

gelert

Quote from: oddball on Mon, 2005-08-08, 12:09:49
Only if you place them underwater. Sardines don't like lying in the sun.

Back to "Shifting deck-chairs on the Titanic"...?

Cool name for a 2nd Album BTW.....

Not that anybody was asking...!

Oh, pooh....you were asking.

In that case, do I win a prize...?

Herben

Quote from: gelert on Mon, 2005-08-08, 20:59:43
Back to "Shifting deck-chairs on the Titanic"...?
Those dekchairs of the Titanic are always in the water, that would be idealistic for the sardines.
The bad thing is that they must be very rusty, of the salt water, and the place of the titanic in cold water, I don't think the sardine will like it there. Also deep under water, that will make it a very flat sardine.

gelert

As Peter has said in the past..."Gelert, you tend to look for what you want to see in the post"....

Well, as Peter said, I saw....

Quote from: Herben on Mon, 2005-08-08, 21:18:05
that will make it a very flat sardine.

...a very fart sliding...

Which, upon The Titanic, is fairy nuff...!

As Racing Drivers say....adrenalin is brown...!

I tell ya, these meds are rubbish...

Herben

So conclusion just name the second album Titanic. There are dekchairs available for sardines.