News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How often should we...

Started by gelert, Sun, 2005-02-20, 18:48:28

Previous topic - Next topic

gelert

How often should we report to the moderator...?

After returning from an authorised excursion, using a bona fide Hall Pass...

...or only on return from the School Holidays...?  ;D

Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Xanxtuary

Maybe he'll accept some Hogwarts Trading cards instead?

Or a Backstage Pass?
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Deenfan

gelert

Quote from: gelert on Sun, 2005-02-20, 18:48:28
How often should we report to the moderator...?

I merely asked, because there's a WHACKING GREAT "clickability", down to the bottom-right of MY screen...asking me to "report to moderator"....

Is it Curfew yet...?
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Peter

Em, maybe I'm missing the whole thing but the 'report to moderator' link is to be clicked if you find something offensive or so.... I'll review it then and maybe remove it....

Appelmoes??

I think Gelert is being a smartass ;) :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2005-02-22, 22:25:34
I think Gelert is being a smartass ;) :D

Collect a "Hall Pass", Applemoes...and a Gold Star for your house....Gryffyndor or Slytherin...?

BTW, is your signature anything to do with "Don't eat yellow snow"...?

Appelmoes??

QuoteBTW, is your signature anything to do with "Don't eat yellow snow"...?
Hmm... Had enough snow here lately, but didn't see any yellow snow... Then again, I use a toilet :P

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-02-24, 17:46:25
Hmm... Then again, I use a toilet :P

...But what about those furry things that you're allergic to....?

Appelmoes??

I keep them them as far from me as possible of course!

My drawings on MySpace

NijntjeRocks

ROFLOL @ Appelmoes?? and gelert! ;D
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

gelert

Nice or nasty ROFLOL, NijntjeRocks...?

<Big-time copy-and-paste required on your nick, BTW...  ;)>

Appelmoes??

WTF is ROFLOL? ??? (Me = n00b)

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

"Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud"

also see the internet acronyms dictionary

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Peter on Fri, 2005-02-25, 18:33:55
"Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud"
:D

Since I know Nijntje, he meant it in a nice way ;)

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2005-02-25, 18:36:50

Since I know Nijntje, he meant it in a nice way ;)

In that case, he is allowed to "LMFAO"....

Appelmoes??

*clicked on the link*

Is this offtopic btw? Then I will report myself ;)

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Xanxtuary

Quote from: gelert on Thu, 2005-02-24, 17:39:33
Collect a "Hall Pass", Applemoes...and a Gold Star for your house....Gryffyndor or Slytherin...?

Since I'm reptilian, I'm definitely in Slytherin!  8)

QuoteBTW, is your signature anything to do with "Don't eat yellow snow"...?

Someone's been listening to too much Zappa again!  ;)

This is definitely straying many thousands of miles from the original topic ...

To which I will swiftly return ...

Peter, I always understood the report thingie to mean if there's a post which someone finds inappropriate or offensive, they have similar ones on other boards that I frequent, but as a suggestion, you could change the text to "report an offensive post" to make it clearer for new people joining.

gelert

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Sun, 2005-02-27, 00:24:46
Peter, I always understood the report thingie to mean if there's a post which someone finds inappropriate or offensive, they have similar ones on other boards that I frequent, but as a suggestion, you could change the text to "report an offensive post" to make it clearer for new people joining.

AAAGGGHHH...what have I started...?

Peter

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Sun, 2005-02-27, 00:24:46

Well, an offensive post is only one of several thinkable cases where to report a post. Wrong content (like a wrong date, wrong link,...) would be another. So, the general "report to mod" is quite suitable, if you ask me. As to the new poeple on the forum, do you think changing the text to "report this post to mod" would make it clearer?

Xanxtuary

Good point Peter.  I guess there are more reasons to report a post.

Deenfan

I would like to report more than half of the posts in this thread, on the account that they are utterly in-understandable!! ;D

gelert

And I would like to report less-than-the-other-half, on the strength that Deenfan did understand them....   ::) :P ;)