News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

disturbing thoughts on time

Started by creme anglais, Sat, 2005-02-19, 18:02:47

Previous topic - Next topic

creme anglais

ok, so we all think the forum is great yeah? we've been chatting away for a couple of weeks or so..........
IS IT TRULY NECESSARY TO SHOW US HOW MUCH TIME WE HAVE BEEN LOGGED ON IN OUR USER INFO??? ???
really it jst horrifies me EVERY time I log on......I see that clock ticking over on the top of the screen and think........ :o :o :o
am I the only one???
I could have hopped blindfolded to timbuctoo in that amount of time...... really its a bit disturbing....I will have to pop a post-it note over that bit of the screen so I can't see it........... :-\

must go I've been here WAY too long :-[

(I'll be back tho ;D)

Xanxtuary

Yeh, I've never noticed anything like that on other sites that I frequent.  What is even more disturbing is that during the time I've been logged in today, I've watched two football matches ... well kinda typing a few words or reading a few words, then twisting my chair around to look at the telly for a few minutes, then back to the computer, etc. 

BTW ... what has happened to the Pendragon forums?  Everytime I log in lately there's a server error!  ???
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

creme anglais

ah, it went off-line Friday evening due to a technical prob......nothing at dragon HQ but with the server......it should be sorted on Monday.......the weekend you know! Other than that we are going well......time for a chat on Sunday???

Peter

Heh, folks, nobody's gonna beat me on this any time soon, methinks:
3 days, 9 hours and 30 minutes.

I don't know where the software takes the knowledge from to count that time, really.... But hey, I think it's a smart feature, if it's only for the fact that other sites don't have it ;)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Xanxtuary

My cumulative total so far is almost two hours and will be just over two hours by the time I've finished this post.

At first, I thought that it would count the time per session, but obviously (duh!) it's cumulative.  And as the Admin, of course Peter is going to notch up the most amount of hours.

BTW, Creme Anglais, I look forward to the reinstatement of the Pendragon boards, even though I'm not a (Chris) Squire on there!!

CygnusX1

Indeed, 2 1/2 hours for me to make less than 10 posts. :o

gelert

"Time is an illusion....lunchtime, doubly so..."

And linear time exists, merely to stop everything happening at once...

7 hours, 39 minutes, and counting....
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Simtere

But then how do we know we have spent this amount of time on the forum? 

Time may well be an illusion and maybe we were all created in this instant with an implanted memory of a past we think happened but never actually did! 

On the other hand, maybe I should just get out more :)

Peter

Y'all know: the matrix has you!

gelert

Quote from: Simtere on Tue, 2005-02-22, 12:01:58
we were all created in this instant with an implanted memory of a past we think happened but never actually did!

Peter....WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO....?

;)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Peter

".... Gather close my friends - Attend to my confusion...."

Simtere

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2005-02-22, 20:40:51
Peter....WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO....?

;)

Don't think Peter has been up to anything ... I posted that particular append ;)

Constable Hogweed

I can see my life ticking past every time i come here  :o

gelert

Quote from: Simtere on Tue, 2005-02-22, 23:20:01
Don't think Peter has been up to anything ... I posted that particular append ;)

MMmmmmm....I was SORT of trying to imply that Peter was perhaps responsible for implanting memories via this site.....

But, hey, doesn't really matter.....

Appelmoes??

Peter as the 'Voice':

'Welcome! You have entered the cranial vistas of psychogenesis. This is the place of no-time and
no-space. Do not be afraid for I am merely the vocal manifestation of your eternal dreams. I am
as water, as air - like breath itself. Do not be afraid.
Look around, but linger not. Where I lead you will follow. Mark these words well. Ignite my
anger with your delay and punishments will come your way.
You are eight souls of the flesh, chosen from different eras ancient and modern. The trivia of
your mortal lives is unimportant to me... Indeed, some may die...
You have a task: to release yourselves from this Web of Wisdom, this knotted Maze of Delirium,
you must enter the nuclear portals of the Ricochet!
'
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Blimey, Applemoes....pass the chillum...  ::)

Peter

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-02-24, 17:39:40
Peter as the 'Voice':

'Welcome! You have entered the cranial vistas of psychogenesis. This is the place of no-time and
no-space. Do not be afraid for I am merely the vocal manifestation of your eternal dreams. I am
as water, as air - like breath itself. Do not be afraid.
Look around, but linger not. Where I lead you will follow. Mark these words well. Ignite my
anger with your delay and punishments will come your way.
You are eight souls of the flesh, chosen from different eras ancient and modern. The trivia of
your mortal lives is unimportant to me... Indeed, some may die...
You have a task: to release yourselves from this Web of Wisdom, this knotted Maze of Delirium,
you must enter the nuclear portals of the Ricochet!
'

Veeeery kewl. Couldn't have done it better. Ayreon rulez! And Arena, for sure.... hehe ;)

Xanxtuary

Quote from: gelert on Sun, 2005-02-20, 17:57:06
"Time is an illusion....lunchtime, doubly so..."

And linear time exists, merely to stop everything happening at once...

7 hours, 39 minutes, and counting....

Do I spot a fellow Douglas Adams fan here in our hallowed Arena?  Actually, I was going to quote the very same quote myself, but I wisely refrained ... thus giving someone else (ie, your goodself) the opportunity!

Did we all wind up here courtesy of the Infinite Improbability Drive on the Starship Heart of Gold ... or mayhap the Warship Andromeda Ascendant?

gelert

No spaceship was involved in my "landing here"....I got here when I was drunk...

What's wrong with being drunk....

Ask a glass of water...  ;)

Xanxtuary

Well I "landed" here after being dropped off unceremoniously from Apothis's wierd pyramid shaped ship, on which I was a stowaway  ... after dialling the wrong co-ordinates on the Stargate ... I wanted to visit my parents on Betazed but ended up on Abidos instead ... all very confusing and traumatic, even for a seasoned Jedi Master such as myself!

However, since my arrival here amongst the esteemed denizens of these hallowed fora, I find myself rising rapidly through the ranks (last time I looked I was a Liegelord, but that could all change in the blink of an eye).