News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Which is the best Arena album ?

Started by il76candid, Fri, 2007-01-05, 09:29:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Deenfan

So... the conclusion is:

The best Arena album is the one with the biggest Gazungas

;D

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2008-03-11, 12:16:01
I'm an Arena album ???

Yeah, didn't you know?
The new Arena album is called "Applesauce".

It's a concept album.

bluepony

PH

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2008-03-11, 15:22:21... about apples!  :D

Indeed.

Here's the tracklist:

01. Crying For Sauce I
02. Climbing The Branch
03. Hangin' In The Tree
04. Blood Red Skin
05. (Don't Forget To) Reap
06. An Apple Falls
07. In The Box
08. A Better Harvest
09. The Peeler
10. Unpeel In A Thousand Ways
11. Crying For Sauce II
12. Waiting For The Fruit

The cover art, made by Huge Syme, who also did Immortal?.

Crying For Sauce I. This song is about someone (his name is John) who has the wish to make a nice stew of applesauce. (We'll make these mashes, we'll make the final stew...)
Climbing The Branch. John takes a ladder and climbs in a beautiful tree, full of apples. He's going for the highest apples, since they are the best. (We're climbing up the branch, we're reaching for the high!)
Hangin' In The Tree. So he's hanging in the tree. John thinks back to when he first thought about his plan to make applesauce. (Walk along the waterline, watching as the fruit turns red...)
Blood Red Skin. This is an instrumental song. Sort of, as you can hear John whispering. He's looking at the wonderful apples, they have a nice beautiful red colour. "I will... I will always grind you!" he whispers.
(Don't Forget To) Reap. The man suddenly realises that he hasn't climbed up in the tree just to dream about grinding the apples! He has to reap them first! (Fine apples, sweet dreams, don't forget to reap, my friend!)
An Apple Falls. While busy plucking the apples, one falls to the ground. Our John tries to catch it, but without luck... He knows he cannot use that one anymore... What a pity... (An apple falls, so fragile and exposed. Soon lies crushed and wasted - covered with mould)
In The Box. No wait! the apple falls into the box! This is a really cool instrumental song which represents the happiness of John. Note the morse code at the end of it: it says: Lucky me!
A Better Harvest. It looked as if it was gonna be a bitter harvest, but it worked out just fine. (You can make the apple brown, but you'll never bring my spirit down!)
The Peeler. Ahh this is a nice song. It's about the peeler. John happens to be very good at unpeeling apples. He is singing this song during the peeling of the apples. (I am the Peeler: unpeel the apple here with knives on the roll!)
Unpeel In A Thousand Ways. This song shows how good he is. John uses many knives at the same time. He can unpeel the apples in many ways. This man has a gift, I tell you. Unfortunately there are no lyrics on this one. This is the sing-along version, you see... There's one with vocals, but you can hear it on "Applesauce: The Edits" which will be released a month after this one.
Crying For Sauce II. There's a gap here. John's done with unpeeling the apples, but where's the grinding and stamping of the apples? And then what? Anymore ingredients? And where do we get to hear how it tasted? Ah well... anyway, this song's theme is similar to the first song on the album. John's again hungry for some applesauce, but as you can imagine, the tree's empty... (This choice must be free, apples do not grow on trees)
Waiting For The Fruit. Well the title says it: John has to wait or (knowing how greedy he is) he must buy some applesauce in the supermarket. The song is about the conflict between these two choises: waiting to get the delicious selfmade applesauce? or buying the often less-delicious applesauce in the store? The verses are more about waiting but the chorus is temptingly saying: (It really doesn't matter now, the end will be the same)

This is obviously part one of a two-part. Since this tells only the story of the harvest and the unpeeling of the apple.
The process of making the applesauce and the eating of the sauce has not been told yet. But I'm sure the follow-up will reveal more of this exciting story.

Deenfan

:o

That is the most brilliant post on any forum I've frequented!!!

I bow to the greatness of the maddest fan of any band on the planet.

I don't expect to be referred to as bonkers, ever again, after this... :D

Nicky007

Great, Paco, real imaginative  *horns* *horns* *horns*

I just hope that ... Arena wont be inspired to do this one  ;D

@Deenie, this doesnt make you less bonkers, if that's what you thought  :o

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

:-[ Yeah... well, I guess I had too much cider yesterday... ;D

Bupie

REALLY impressive, PH ... apart from the art cover, Huge has done better  ;D

Deenfan

He'd put a yellow dog barfing into the plate for effect. ;D

johninblack

PH.......Sir, you are madder than Mad ;D
Very, very clever.

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Wed, 2008-03-12, 15:51:55
PH.......Sir, you are madder than Mad ;D
Very, very clever.

I take that as a compliment.  ;D

Impressive, Paco.  *horns*
If Clive ever would need some help with songtitles and plots, he should call you.  :D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2008-03-12, 07:27:25
:-[ Yeah... well, I guess I had too much cider yesterday... ;D
Well, Paco, after having read this I'm convinced it was not only cider you had...!  ;)

Very funny, though - and a great hommage to Applemoes??!  ;D

gary

PH

Quote from: gary on Mon, 2008-04-07, 23:47:33
visitor

Welcome Gary! Welcome to the cage... I mean "The Shattered Room".
Did/do you go to any of the planned concerts?

The Visitor is indeed a brilliant album!
And as soon as I'm in the train again (to school...) I'll put this album on! It's a chain of goosebump moments.

-Paco

Nicky007

Quote from: gary on Mon, 2008-04-07, 23:47:33
The Visitor

Yeah, havent played it for over a year now.

I'l listen to it when I get home - from my course  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

God, how could I have missed all those great apple posts :-[

This choice must be free, apples do not grow on trees :D

And talking about Cider. When traveling around with an english girl, I'd been tought how to say I like cider with the typical Farmer-speak fo where they drink lot's of cider: Oi loike moi coider :) I even have a picture of it somewhere, which will NOT be posted, since that'll make this even more offtopic!

On topic though: Contagion!!! *horns* Still!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2008-04-08, 17:29:01

Agree !

Contagion seems to be "ageless"  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Teunis

'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Draco chimera

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-11, 22:18:16
Indeed.

Here's the tracklist:

01. Crying For Sauce I
02. Climbing The Branch
03. Hangin' In The Tree
04. Blood Red Skin
05. (Don't Forget To) Reap
06. An Apple Falls
07. In The Box
08. A Better Harvest
09. The Peeler
10. Unpeel In A Thousand Ways
11. Crying For Sauce II
12. Waiting For The Fruit

This is obviously part one of a two-part. Since this tells only the story of the harvest and the unpeeling of the apple.
The process of making the applesauce and the eating of the sauce has not been told yet. But I'm sure the follow-up will reveal more of this exciting story.
;DWhat a funny one XD that's a CD
I thought nobody could beat Dany Boon (do you know him ? ;D his movie is a funny one talking about the North of France) in the humour champions category, but you easely did ! :o *horns*
Let your conscience decide !

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-04-08, 18:24:45

Quote from: Appelmoes??

Agree !

Contagion seems to be "ageless"  *horns*

Nicky.

Sorry but how good Contagion is i must stick with The Visitor and Pepper's Ghost.  :D

Sorry to disappoint you fellows.  :P
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Deenfan

If everyone agreed on which album was the best, there would be a consensus that all the other albums are lesser albums than this one. That would easily look like a fact.

How much more heartening isn't it to know that all the Arena albums are somebody's favourite album? It means there is greatness, without a doubt, in all of them - even if each and every one of us do not recognize it in each and every album. :)

PH

Deenfan

Thanks!

It was one hell of a sentence to wield... :D

Iggy

Pepper's Ghost followed by Contagion