News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Threshold - Dead Reckoning

Started by The Butterfly Man, Sun, 2007-02-11, 19:26:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Pegas

Supermassive Black Hole is only one song I know from Muse, because I wanted to compare both versions. I prefer Threshold, because there are better vocals, more energy and overall it sounds better for me. Original sounds more electronic, but like some sort of uncomplete demo (now I'm talking about sound only, it's still interesting song).

PH

Oh but you should really listen to Muse! :o

Start with the album "Absolution" which is the best in my opinion.
It's got a lot of piano, and amazing guitar and drum. There's also the dramatic vocals, that's the trademark of Muse.

Matt Bellamy (voice, guitar, piano's, keyboards) is VERY talented!

Lake of despond

From what I heard Muse really wasn't impressive enough to push me listening some more...

As related to Threshold another excellent interview was made with Karl Groom at Classic Rock Newswire (http://classicrocknewswire.blogspot.com/), anyone interested in this genuine guy or new album should read it :)

Appelmoes??

I know some Muse songs, and their not the kind of music I like *shrug* I have a very fixed taste in music.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Actually, before i ever heard the Muse-cover by Threshold i never ever heard a track of Muse. What i've heard until now isn't satisfying me a bit.
Don't like it. Sorry, just a taste.  :-\  ;)

But...

Supermassive Black Hole is a very nice song indeed.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2007-05-08, 20:31:53
Actually, before i ever heard the Muse-cover by Threshold i never ever heard a track of Muse. What i've heard until now isn't satisfying me a bit.
Don't like it. Sorry, just a taste.  :-\  ;)

But...

Supermassive Black Hole is a very nice song indeed.  *horns*

That's soooo funny, 'cause I like Muse a lot, but don't really like Supermassive Black Hole...
To me songs like "Showbizz", "Muscle Museum", "New Born", "Stockholm Syndrome", "Starlight" (I think I mentioned at least one song of each album now) are much better!

Lake of despond

And another great interview on Usaprog Music with Karl Groom, it can be even downloaded in Mp3 format, lasts 30 minutes! ;D

http://usaprogmusic.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=45

Nicky007

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2007-02-13, 09:58:09
hmmm, growling?   :(

It's hardly growl. It's more like hearing my 15-year old cat "growl".

If you wanna hear real growl, then listen to Opeth's Ghost Reveries. The growl there is not my taste, and I don't understand why Mikael does so much of it, considering that he has great clean vocals; but there's so much other fantastic stuff going on on GR(owl) that I enjoy very much listening to it.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Appelmoes??

Mikael's growling (grunting) is one of the few I actually like. I erally dislike Withing Tempation and After Forevers growls.

My drawings on MySpace

Pegas

European "Live Reckoning Tour" starting 31.8.2007 with Machine Men, Communic and Serenity as support bands. More at www.thresh.net

joost

I picked this CD up at a local store, im stunned..

Proglady

:o Threshold singer pulls out of upcoming festival shows  :o

16 July 2007

Threshold's singer Mac has astonished his fellow band members by deciding not to perform at this weekend's Metal Camp and Earthshaker festivals in Slovenia and Germany.

Fortunately the band's previous singer Damian Wilson has come to the rescue and will perform at the festivals with the band for the first time since 1997.

Damian Wilson is currently lead singer for the band Headspace who recently supported Ozzy Osbourne for UK shows including Wembley Arena.

http://www.thresh.net/

Read the News here

maddox

That's odd.  :-\

He must have a good reason to do that.

maddox

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2007-07-21, 21:38:04
That's odd.  :-\

He must have a good reason to do that.

To quote myself, i found some answer which to the riddle.

Here it goes:

Quote from: Richard West on the Threshold-forum17th July 2007 by keyboardist Richard West on the Threshold forum

Mac was due to arrive in England on Saturday for band rehearsals, but on Saturday morning he sent us a short email saying he has to get on with his life and he's not coming. It was totally unexpected and we're all shocked by the news. Mac won't answer our phone calls so we can't get any more information from him. With two festivals to perform next weekend our only option was to cancel the shows or find a replacement singer. Fortunately our old singer Damian Wilson was able to step in and help out, he's now very busy learning the new material in time for Friday's show in Slovenia. We don't know what the long-term solution is, our focus right now is on the two festivals, we'll see how they go and take it from there.

And now the one we've been waiting for:

Quote from: Mac on the Threshold-forum21st July 2007 by ex singer Mac on the Threshold forum

Sorry it took so long to give this stament. But, I`m also sorry it took me so long to realise I had to get on with the rest of my life and eventually make a decent living. I know the timing was bad and I`m very grateful to Damian for standing in for me. Unfortunately it`s absolutely impossible to live on fresh air alone. Next time you listen to a Threshold album picture my girlfriend having to work overtime to make it possible for me to go on tour, not to mention all the jobs I chose to give up to continue with Threshold. Once again, the timing was bad.... I was up all Friday night (13.07.2007) considering this and decided it was time to support my family 100%. For all the Fans out there take what you have and enjoy it (I know I was devasted when Led Zeppelin came to an end). Thanks for all your support, all the best for Threshold and Threshold Fans for the future, Cheers Mac

I can understand his decision but indeed the timing couldn't be more worse.  :-\

Sad.

But good that Damian fills in.  ;)

PH

Shit man... first Martin Orford, now Mac...

There's a lot of people going out of bands lately...
Damian should get back with the band to do at least one new studio album again. That would be fun.
And then Threshold should go seek another singer, but I was very much getting used to Mac...

I wonder how Damian will pull off those Mac songs.

Appelmoes??

Very sad news :( I think Damian is a better singer then Mac, but for Threshold's sounds Mac was better imo. I hope they can find a good replacement.

My drawings on MySpace

Justin

Damn this sucks  :'(

I was already looking forward to see them in de Boerderij :(

Appelmoes??

Let's hope this will go like with Glynn: Damian does the tour, and after that he also appears on the new album ;D

My drawings on MySpace

Lake of despond

Agree with Appelmoes??, after this shock the only lucky solution would be that Damian saves us.....

JJ II

Sorry to hear this. But since I'm a big Damian fan, I really hope he will do the Dutch gig as well!

The Butterfly Man

What a shame! I think I'll pass on the gig in 'De Boerderij' simply because I don't really like Damian's voice so much whilst I LOVE Mac's... :'(

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

JJ II

QuoteI think I'll pass on the gig in 'De Boerderij' simply because I don't really like Damian's voice

My reaction was the opposite. Since Dead Reckoning didn't bring much 'news' to me, I was in doubt of going.
Considering Damian one of the best singers around, this will be a big YES in my agenda!

PH

It is at least interesting to hear Damian sing the new Threshold songs.
If he won't do a studioalbum with Threshold he could always do one of those special albums. An album with Mac songs performed by Damian. Just like Mac did on Replica with a song originally by Damian.

Hehehehe. ;D

Nicky007

I'm also very sad to hear this, because I consider Mac a fabulous singer, one of the absolute best rock singers, and he worked very well in Threshold. Another of the great things about Mac is that he's so modest about his talent, not at all a primadon. He was so much fun on stage. However, I think the most important thing is that Mac gets his life together again. He seems to have been rather run down lately. I know that Threshold have had a hard time through the years, mainly because they never really broke through, although fortunately lately they've gained a lot more positive interest; and the hard life has been a major reason for several of their excellent members leaving them, not so much personal and musical differences.

It seems that in this case too the relationship between Mac and the other guys remains friendly and respectful.

I can only wish both Mac and Threshold the best. Both have given us so much wonderful music.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace