News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Anyone heard anything by Sigur Ros..??

Started by Moonloop, Wed, 2005-07-20, 08:40:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

Self explanatory title really.

They've got a new album coming out and they're a band I'd heard mentioned a few times before anyway. Any info appreciated.

Cheers  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Peter

Quote from: Moonloop on Wed, 2005-07-20, 08:40:57
Self explanatory title really.

They've got a new album coming out and they're a band I'd heard mentioned a few times before anyway. Any info appreciated.

Cheers  ;D

boring...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Moonloop

Ah...sorry, shall I re-write the post and try to make it a little more exciting  ;D  ;)

Peter

Quote from: Moonloop on Wed, 2005-07-20, 13:04:32
Ah...sorry, shall I re-write the post and try to make it a little more exciting  ;D  ;)

harhar, no.... I was talking about Sigur Ros...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Moonloop

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2005-07-20, 14:41:55
harhar, no.... I was talking about Sigur Ros...

;D

I shall re-read and inwardly digest your in-depth analysis of Sigur Ros then  ;)

POM

Sigur Ros...

Yes, I've heard something from them... seems to be cool, but I didn't go further about them yet.

I thing it's just music on this tird album. "Agaetis Byrju", the second one is said to be the best so far.

It's a slow music, to go to bed, to dream, a bit fantastic in some way... The singer is said to be good, singing in a language they invented.

That's all I know about them  ;)

erik

I like this band a lot, have their second and third album. It's a bit of an acquired taste I suppose, but definitely worthwhile. I once saw their music described as 'huge castles built on clouds' which captures it very well I think. Melodic, ethereal and melancholic. The vocals are a mixture of Icelandic and Hopelandic (an invented, fantasy language).

I'd advise �gætis Byrjun to start with, the third album (  ) is less varied and somewhat harder to get into (but a real grower, love it now).

They have indeed a new album coming up, entitled Takk. I don't have their debut Von, which I understood is good but less consistent.

Check out their official website http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/index.html
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Moonloop

Thanks Eric & POM. They're on my list now so dare say I'll be investing soon  ;D

Moonloop

Well, I've got and played "Takk" a few times now and really like it, kind of an indie version of "Enigma" with hints of Clannad, Tangerine Dream and occasional Bjork/Bush type vocals.

Eric/POM - thanks for your earlier posts, I'll work my way through the back-catalogue now  ;D

erik

I've got Takk... as well and really like it, somewhat more upbeat than their previous endeavours, whilst maintaining their distinctive style and sound. Beautiful artwork as well by the way.

As next one to try I'd advise Agaetis Byrjun (still my favourite), (  ) is a very dense, hermetic album and might be quite a step after Takk... (other way around works better probably ;) ). Do want to stress that (  ) is really great as well!!
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Oliver Twist

Very etheral - lay down on the sofa/floor/bed with your eyes shut.

Played fairly regularly on Radio Paradise!!

Ian
web.mac.com/ianmoff  - iChat/AIM: ianmoff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do your ears a favour - www.radioparadise.com