News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Congratulations !

Started by Stuart, Sun, 2005-12-04, 22:51:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart

. . to Clive on Best Keyboard Player, to John on Best Guitarist, and Best Live Band with Kino, and to Arena on Best Album. All at the CRS Best Of The Year awards in Rotherham on Saturday night. Was nice to see both Clive and John there in person supporting the CRS.

For those that missed it, it was great night with local Sheffield band Dead Like Harry starting the night off (who won Best New Band also), then the awards presented by Fish and Martin Hudson of the CRS, followed by a full set from IQ. See http://www.classicrocksociety.net for information on joining and future gigs.

Smegal

Mega shame they had that cock 'fish' there though
MY PRECIOUS

Peter

I haven't seen the show, but as far as I can tell, Fish is usually a great enterntainer...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

Very much Peter Gabriel-like, I heard.
In voice/performance/acts.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Smegal on Fri, 2005-12-09, 02:24:13
Mega shame they had that cock 'fish' there though

You don't like Fish then?
What don't you like about him?
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Peter

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2005-12-09, 17:37:27

Ouch. that's a comparison I believe he wouldn't like, and it's one that you might get if you don't look close enough. Gabriel masquerades as many different ... things ... ( :) ), Fish clearly displays the Jester most of the time, it's prolly his main theme.

Voice-wise.... well, they both have a high-pitched and rough voice, but still nobody copies the other or so...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Smegal

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2005-12-09, 17:37:27

is there a peter gabriel other than the great one?    if not if think you may have had your ear plugs in mate!
MY PRECIOUS

Stuart

The comparisons between Fish and Gabriel were abound when Marillion started, mostly from a press that so rearely ever covered progressive rock, they couldn't see past the superficial similarities.

Fish today is still very much the 'jester' poking fun at the world and himself, telling amusing stories and using his ability to voice many different accents. If the music and acting doesn't work out, I'm sure he could do a good stand-up comedy job :)

Whether presenting awards, or performing with a band on stage, it is pure and simply about entertainment, which he still has in abundance.

PH

I apologise.

I don't know Fish good enough. I didn't say I think he copied PG or the other way round.
I think their voices are very similar, but I really like this kind of voice.

Haven't heard much of the Fish-era Marillion, only a bit of the Steve Hogarth era (which was quite good).
But from what I've heard I like Genesis better. The old era and the new one.
But Marillion still lives and Genesis is dead.

But there's no Genesis Vs. Marillion, because you can't compare them I think. Only their lead-singers. ::)

Smegal

yeah thats a fair comment for someone who doesn't have an answer i guess :P
MY PRECIOUS