News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Butterfly Man

Started by PH, Wed, 2005-11-23, 17:11:38

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

In the song 'The Butterfly Man', somewhere in the middle section there is a choir that sings something...
I was wondering if Clive could tell me (and the others who are curious) what is it what they sing?
Or is it just a thing you have on your keyboard? ;)

Appelmoes??

@4:44 ?

"... Don't even know where I belong"

*Choir*

"More Rob stuff"

@5:32 again

That part?
(Btw, the song sounds fun at twice the speed ;D)

While we're on it, do the whispers at the end say something?
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-11-23, 17:31:44
@4:44 ?

"... Don't even know where I belong"

*Choir*

"More Rob stuff"

@5:32 again

That part?
Yup, that. The second time with the drums along with it.

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-11-23, 17:31:44(Btw, the song sounds fun at twice the speed ;D)
I'm sure you're right! :D Gotta try that out!

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-11-23, 17:31:44While we're on it, do the whispers at the end say something?
That was the second thing I wanted to ask.

Angel-of-Music

It sounds to me like they're saying "Miserere Mei" or Miserere Mei Deus" which is Latin for "Have mercy on me (O God)".
It's from Psalm 51, and is a part of the Latin liturgical Mass, and also, I believe, part of the Requiem Mass.

It seems to make sense in terms of the song, but it will be interesting to hear what Clive has to say!  ;)

PH

Quote from: Angel-of-Music on Thu, 2005-11-24, 15:53:31
It sounds to me like they're saying "Miserere Mei" or Miserere Mei Deus" which is Latin for "Have mercy on me (O God)".
It's from Psalm 51, and is a part of the Latin liturgical Mass, and also, I believe, part of the Requiem Mass.

It seems to make sense in terms of the song, but it will be interesting to hear what Clive has to say!  ;)

That's very interesting!

(And welcome to you Angel-of-Music!)

Clive? Can you help us out here? ;)

The Butterfly Man

I'm sorry, I am The Butterfly Man but I really can't help you with your question! ;D

But, I'd also like to know what these voices are saying, IF they are saying anything at all!

BTW, nice suggestion, Angel-of-Music! Hoping for an answer from Clive...
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Clive

Just  'Miserere'.... an effected sample. It adds the right atmosphere to the moment, I think...;)

jeffMc

Quote from: Clive on Thu, 2005-11-24, 22:11:05
Just  'Miserere'.... an effected sample. It adds the right atmosphere to the moment, I think...;)
The whole song is the right atmosphere! Man, one of my fav's.

PH

"Have mercy".

Yeah, it adds the right atmosphere! indeed! It's one of my favourite songs also. And that part in the song is the best part of the song.
Will you make another song like the Butterfly Man? Something similar but different also? ;D

Difficult question. ::)