News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

the Verglas shop

Started by cabo, Fri, 2005-10-21, 23:09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

cabo

are there any plans on selling t-shirts etc in the shop?

say yes!  ;)

Appelmoes??

Yes :P

What? I should shut up?

Ok... :(

:P

(Damn that beer!)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

I hope so, went to Sheffield gig with loads of money to buy t-shirts and there were none left in my size. Still got that money in my pocket right now but really don't know how long I can resist spending it for!!!

Appelmoes??

16 oct. they only had size L, I bought it, but now I'm sorry I did. I doesn't fit at all :(

When I'm 70 years old and have shrunk a lot, it'll fit ;D

My drawings on MySpace

Clive

We will take a few shirts to Canada with us, but to be honest we don't have that many left. Naturally, we will make what we still have available on line.... but we won't be buying in any new ones, so I'm afraid there won't be any extra sizes.
The fact of the matter is that we hardly sell any T-shirts over the internet, so it's not practicle to print up a bulk number for the one or two we might shift..... sorry....

Fruitbat63

Should have done what I did and bought an XXL shirt!! - its not THAT big either...

I have to say that the 2 Arena gigs I attended (London and Sheffield) were 2 of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Fruitbat

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Fruitbat63 on Sat, 2005-10-22, 11:10:03
Should have done what I did and bought an XXL shirt!! - its not THAT big either...
Like I said, the ONLY size available was L.

My drawings on MySpace

cabo

Quote from: Clive on Sat, 2005-10-22, 11:02:02
The fact of the matter is that we hardly sell any T-shirts over the internet, so it's not practicle to print up a bulk number for the one or two we might shift..... sorry....

They had the same issue over at the camelproductions.com shop, and solved it through preordering. when enough preordered they printed t-shirts.

thanx for answering :)

Peter

Quote from: johninblack on Sat, 2005-10-22, 01:11:26
...and there were none left in my size...

Taking into account how you describe yourself, there haven't ever been any :P
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2005-10-22, 14:41:48
Taking into account how you describe yourself, there haven't ever been any :P

Thats really hurt my feeling that.........mainly cos its probably true

Peter

awwww, didn't want to hurt you, really. it's just, i'm in bed, bored and frustrated... sorry, mate

Appelmoes??

I have to say one thing: The store was the cheapest I ever saw at a concert. The even sold albums fot € 5,-!

My drawings on MySpace

jeffMc

Quote from: Clive on Sat, 2005-10-22, 11:02:02
We will take a few shirts to Canada with us, but to be honest we don't have that many left. Naturally, we will make what we still have available on line.... but we won't be buying in any new ones, so I'm afraid there won't be any extra sizes.

You guys should just setup somethiung on cafepress.com and let people buy it there. You do not have to stock, and they are made on demand, and not to expensive. I did that with my company's stuff and my
employees order it there, etc.

johninblack

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2005-10-22, 18:04:43
awwww, didn't want to hurt you, really. it's just, i'm in bed, bored and frustrated... sorry, mate

Hey I don't mind ;) I think you probably relise i try not to take myself too seriously,and besides its a fact I am vastly overwight and to say there were no t-shirts left would not be true, as the mercandise guys themselves said 'Only small ones left, you can tell there aint too many women buying t-shirts' it's just that I could go out and buy some T-shirt transfer paper and make my own in the same way that I could download the albums and artwok from file sharing programs But that wouldn't put any money in the bands pockets and to me anything other than the genuine article just dosn't seem quite the same. However d.i.y t-shirt better than NO t-shirt! But would I have to ask permission to use the bands artwork or logo?

Peter

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2005-10-23, 02:52:36
But would I have to ask permission to use the bands artwork or logo?

In 2003 I made my own T-Shirt from the Arena logo, and let the guys sign it after the concert (was a white shirt), and they even liked the idea...

cabo

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2005-10-23, 02:52:36
But that wouldn't put any money in the bands pockets and to me anything other than the genuine article just dosn't seem quite the same. However d.i.y t-shirt better than NO t-shirt! But would I have to ask permission to use the bands artwork or logo?

In the cafepress shop you can decide to set the price over the minimum price and let the difference go to an Arena account. F.I the minimum price for a t-shirt is  about $15, if you priced the t-shirt to $18. Arena get $3 for not doing anything excerpt give permission to use of artwork. I would prefer that Arena would stand behind and make it official.

johninblack

Quote from: cabo on Sun, 2005-10-23, 13:12:29
In the cafepress shop you can decide to set the price over the minimum price and let the difference go to an Arena account. F.I the minimum price for a t-shirt is  about $15, if you priced the t-shirt to $18. Arena get $3 for not doing anything excerpt give permission to use of artwork. I would prefer that Arena would stand behind and make it official.

I like this Idea.... Clive? Worth looking into?

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2005-10-23, 10:11:30
In 2003 I made my own T-Shirt from the Arena logo, and let the guys sign it after the concert (was a white shirt), and they even liked the idea...

Not a bad idea, that.  But again, the band could become out of pocket if lots of people did that, because they aren't selling the shirts.  The band would have to charge for the use of their logo... :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Peter

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2005-10-23, 16:01:24
I like this Idea.... Clive? Worth looking into?

I second that

cabo

thats why i think Arena has to make it official, i want to pay them for t-shirts. not anyone else...