News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

In Spring, you promised Moviedrome

Started by McMueller, Thu, 2005-10-06, 23:22:35

Previous topic - Next topic

McMueller

Hi!

Why do you not play Moviedrome?
At the Gig at ColosSaal you promised to play Moviedrome in Autum!!!

And now, we have nearly the same Setlist like in spring!
I´ve seen you 4 times, and you play sometimes the same songs at your gigs...

I like the Songs, but it´s much more interesting to hear also other Songs, especially Moviedrome is a
big point, it´s one of your best and most progressive songs, and please do not play Crying for help VII
as encore, it´s much more impressive to hear maby "Welcome to the Cage" which is a very powerful
song and perfect to be the last song...
Why do you not play the closing  section of Moviedrome, it´s fantastic, you are a Prog-Band in my eyes, and I think
the most of your fans would love you much much more, if you are play more longer Progsongs at your gig!

I never heard Welcome to the Cage live! Please play it, the Germans like it very much, please please, look at IQ, they also play
the very long songs and make shows of 2 and a half hour...

I´m very happy to see you live tomorrow evening in "Lorsch" at the "Rex"!!!
All the Best,
Manuel

Peter

this could become a pinned topic, I'll probably rename it to "a Fan's plea" :P

oh, and welcome McMueller, nice to have you on board
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

erik

We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Spad

Quote from: McMueller on Thu, 2005-10-06, 23:22:35
[...]

if you are play more longer Progsongs at your gig!

I never heard Welcome to the Cage live! Please play it, the Germans like it very much, please please, look at IQ, they also play
the very long songs and make shows of 2 and a half hour...

[...]

I totally (an sadly) agree with you, Mc Mueller!! I also was disapponited when I read on the forum that Clive decided to not include Moviedrome in the set-list and I also don't like very much Cry VII as the closing number. I've seen them live 6 times (I think....  ??? ) and each time the shows ended with it..... And I've never listened to, for example, such great prog number as Empire Of A Thousand Days or Fool's Gold......

I don't understand why the guys in the band prefer to play three or four shorter songs instead of Moviedrome..... I mean: Moviedrome is for sure the best musical moment (maybe with The Butterfly Man) of Immortal, and even one of their best track ever, and nevertheless they played it just in the Immortal tour!!!! While, as you said, IQ continue (not ever indeed) to play for example Tha Last Human Gateway that is 22 years old!!!!! (and less beautiful than Moviedrome, IMHO)....

I think we have to listen to it just in out CD-player with Immortal and Breakfast In Biarritz......  :'(  :'(

Cheers.
Spad.

Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

Spad

Quote from: McMueller on Thu, 2005-10-06, 23:22:35
[...]

Why do you not play Moviedrome?

[...]

... and what about Opera Fanatica missing at both legs of the tour????   :'(   I'm thinking they don't like play their great epics live........ WHY???

Saryna

Hey, blame me! Make me the kick toy! ;)  ;D I remember I responded to Clive's question with the idea of do whatever is less stress and leaves more room for performance and song interpretation and fun and not knowing the song really well, so I didn't know what I was missing as much as some others.  But Clive did give enough time for folks to post their vote on that thread so I guess he was going by that.

Also maybe in leu of John's illness something had to be shaved.  The tour isn't over.  Perhaps they'll add it for some diversity at some point.  It is their anniversary too. They should do what turns them on.  I'm sure they appreciate your passion though.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Saryna on Sat, 2005-10-08, 01:12:29
Perhaps they'll add it for some diversity at some point.

It's a valid thought, but I would find that unlikely, unless they have time to rehearse it.  Moviedrome is such a big piece of music, it would need alot of time to be dedicated to its rehearsal. :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Spad

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sat, 2005-10-08, 21:26:33
it would need alot of time to be dedicated to its rehearsal. :)

... yes, but it's their work!!!  :D Even developing software needs a lot of time, but it's my work and I do it the same!!

unicuique suum.... said latins......  ;)

johninblack

I think maybe some of you are missing the point a bit, you are quite right that the songs are thier own work but they can't just decide that 'tonight we do Moviedrome' unless the song has been fully rehersed, let alone all the programming having been done, and besides only the band themselves have the right to decide the setlist and unless they play every song they have ever recorded there are going to be people who just won't be happy.
It is for us as fans of the band to accept the setlist as it is presented to us and enjoy it and to support the band as best we are able.
How lucky are we as fans of a band that can leave out such gems as Moviedrome and The Butterfly Man and all those other great songs that they are not playing live this time round and still have a live set of 1.5 to 2.5 hours worth of excellent music.
Come on people, focus on the positive, every gig is a totally unique event irrespective of the setlist being the same or similar to previous gigs.

Spad

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2005-10-10, 16:14:55
I think maybe some of you are missing the point a bit, you are quite right that the songs are thier own work but they can't just decide that 'tonight we do Moviedrome' unless the song has been fully rehersed, let alone all the programming having been done, and besides only the band themselves have the right to decide the setlist and unless they play every song they have ever recorded there are going to be people who just won't be happy.
It is for us as fans of the band to accept the setlist as it is presented to us and enjoy it and to support the band as best we are able.
How lucky are we as fans of a band that can leave out such gems as Moviedrome and The Butterfly Man and all those other great songs that they are not playing live this time round and still have a live set of 1.5 to 2.5 hours worth of excellent music.
Come on people, focus on the positive, every gig is a totally unique event irrespective of the setlist being the same or similar to previous gigs.

.... I didn't say that they had to decide"hey, tonight we do Moviedrome!... I just said that I would have preferred if they had rehersed and then played Moviedrome regularly on the tour instead of three or four other shorter songs... I mean, songs like Medusa, Midas Vision or State Of Grace are good tracks but they are really nothing if compared with its majesty Moviedrome!!!

I know a band can't decide to play such a complex epic as Moviedrome from one day to another, due to programming sounds and rehersing...... you don't have to remind me....  ;)
I was just a little disappointed by the setlist even if I really enjoyed the gig, as all the other times I saw them....

Bye.
Spad.

Clive

How about this...... we were given opinions about tracks from a lot of people... what we should play and what we shouldn,t ....in the end I thought that since it was our tenth anniversay WE would choose..... sorry that we couldn,t rehearse an extra two hours of material but we wanted to sleep too!
Next time we will do Fanatica, but I won,t promise Moviedrome again.... ok?

Appelmoes??

IMO Fans should be gratefull that there are gigs and that Clive&co even ask opinions from their fans. I'll bet a lot of bands don't do that.

I agree with John in Black.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2005-10-10, 17:36:13
I thought that since it was our tenth anniversay WE would choose

Enough said.

PH

How about this...... we were given opinions about tracks from a lot of people... what we should play and what we shouldn,t ....in the end I thought that since it was our tenth anniversay WE would choose..... sorry that we couldn,t rehearse an extra two hours of material but we wanted to sleep too!

Absolutely right!
It's your birthday! ;)

And Fanatica is GREAT! One of the best epics ever. And one of the best Arena songs!

Saryna

....in the end I thought that since it was our tenth anniversay WE would choose..... sorry that we couldn,t rehearse an extra two hours of material but we wanted to sleep too!

Exactly!  It's nice enough that you asked for the polls in the first place.  And please, DON'T lose any sleep over this! ;)

By the way John in black, excellent post. 

Spad

I didn't want you to rehearse a four hours show, I'm sorry if you understand this from my words...
And of course YOU have to decide what play and what not..... As Appelmoes said, there are no many bands which would have asked their fans what to play... Many thanks for this!

I was just reporting my own thoughts and feelings about the setlist....  ;)

Hi and thanks to be present in the forum.
Spad.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Spad on Sun, 2005-10-09, 23:22:06
... yes, but it's their work!!!  :D Even developing software needs a lot of time, but it's my work and I do it the same!!

unicuique suum.... said latins......  ;)

The point was, when are the guys going to find the time DURING the tour? ;)

Spad

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2005-10-12, 23:00:53
The point was, when are the guys going to find the time DURING the tour? ;)

.... no, I didn't mean this.....
I meant that I would have preferred if they had rehearsed Moviedrome instead of other tracks which were inserted at its place, as I don't think, in this case, they had to rehearse much more because Clive wouldn't have asked us anything....  ;)

So, not to play Moviedrome it has been just a decision of the band, not due to impossibility to find time to rehearse it I think..... (before the tour of course and not during it which is really impossible...  ;) )

But this is only, as usual, my opinion....
Bye.
Spad.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Spad on Thu, 2005-10-13, 14:31:04
So, not to play Moviedrome it has been just a decision of the band, not due to impossibility to find time to rehearse it I think..... (before the tour of course and not during it which is really impossible...  ;) )
The original post suggested that "the tour isn't over... maybe they'll include it..."

Quote from: Spad on Thu, 2005-10-13, 14:31:04
.... no, I didn't mean this.....
I meant that I would have preferred if they had rehearsed Moviedrome instead of other tracks which were inserted at its place, as I don't think, in this case, they had to rehearse much more because Clive wouldn't have asked us anything.... ;)
Clive did ask the forum, and the answers generally leaned towards no... :)

Spad

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Thu, 2005-10-13, 19:32:01

Clive did ask the forum, and the answers generally leaned towards no... :)

.... are you sure??? I think the total counting was about 8 yes against 6 no..... I counted them some days ago....  ;)
but anyway this is not very important.....

Have you seen the setlist of the Mean Fiddler? I think that is the complete 10th anniversary setlist and, in my opinion, Moviedrome will not appear in any future dates....... but I'll be happy to be contradicted by the facts!!  :D