News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Live CD/DVD?

Started by Pegas, Sat, 2005-09-24, 13:19:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Pegas

Are there plans for live CD and DVD release from current tour? Also I think it would be nice to make intro video available for download.

Appelmoes??

The band has just released a live cd/dvd. Another one would, imo, not add more to the collection of live cd's that Arena now has. There is just not that much new material.

Edit: A typo Gelert didn't see  :P
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

keyboardistmatt

Come to think of it, The next DVD Arena do put together has got to have "Moviedrome" on it. *ola*

....and "Opera Fanatia"... and "Purgatory Road"... and "In The Blink Of An Eye"... and "Ghost In The Firewall"... and "Medusa"... and "Vanishing Act"...  ;D ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Teunis

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sat, 2005-09-24, 14:17:49
The band has just released a live cd/dvd. Another one would, imo, not at more to the collection of live cd's that Arena now has. There is just not that much new material.
I would certainly buy a new live album though. The Pepper's Ghost material certainly is a perfect addition to the live collection.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Pegas

When I go to concert of my favorite band, I always look forward to live recording from same tour.

Peter

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2005-09-24, 19:48:32
I would certainly buy a new live album though. The Pepper's Ghost material certainly is a perfect addition to the live collection.

Count me in, too :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2005-09-24, 20:56:02
Count me in, too :)

Me too! But I would mostly like a DVD of the current tour. Caught In The Act is 'already' two years old, and it hasn't got the greatest sound-quality possible. I watched it yesterday, and it is very enjoyable to watch, imagine what a new DVD with great sound would do... ;)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

JJ II

I think there will be a DVD of the tour, not a CD.
If I am well informed, one of the POlish gigs is recorded and that company will release it as well (as was the case with the previous tour).
I remember Rob telling me that they would do the full setlist for the DVD, so that's a lot more material than on the last DVD.
This means it wil have Bedlam Fayre, A Crack in the Ice, Midas vison, Elea, A state of grace, Smoke and mirrors, Purgatory road, Waiting for the flood, Medusa, The Shattered Room, and Froday's Dream, which is 11 (!) songs that were not on Caught in the Act.

Wilford Jr.

I would buy a DVD before a CD.  Since I will not be able to see the band live a DVD will be the next best thing.  I would rush out to buy the DVD!
No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

Teunis

Quote from: JJ II on Tue, 2005-09-27, 11:53:43
I remember Rob telling me that they would do the full setlist for the DVD, so that's a lot more material than on the last DVD.
This means it wil have Bedlam Fayre, A Crack in the Ice, Midas vison, Elea, A state of grace, Smoke and mirrors, Purgatory road, Waiting for the flood, Medusa, The Shattered Room, and Froday's Dream, which is 11 (!) songs that were not on Caught in the Act.
This is the best news I heard for a long time  ;). Would be fabulous!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Appelmoes??

As for cd's, I thought a fanclub live cd would be nice.
(And this time it should be possible for the dutch to pay by bank or giro *hint hint*)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace