News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Playlist Zoetermeer, 16 september

Started by The Fury, Sat, 2005-09-17, 11:34:58

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fury

Came back from the Zoetermeer concert 9 hours ago. I has been worth the wait (2,5 years  :'() The band appeared in expected fashion. After half an hour of playing the band and audience were pretty warmed up for a fantastic evening of Arena music. I especially enjoyed the Contagion and Pepper's Ghost material very much. It's quite obvious that this stuff came from the band as it is now. Well, I will not make an entire review, but for those who want to know, this is roughly the playlist (anybody correct me if I'm wrong or have omitted something, I tend to forget these things really fast). The correct order I don't know, so I'll make an educated guess!

By the way, the new video presentation was really awesome, as Clive had already promised somewhere on these pages...

Bedlam Fayre
Midas Vision
Medusa
Serenity
A State of Grace
Don't forget to Breathe
Smoke and Mirrors
Chosen
Waiting for the Flood
The shattered Room
An Angel Falls
Painted Man
The City of Lanterns
Riding the Tide
Enemy Without
Solomon
Crying for Help Rock/Metal version
Jericho

Clive told us that there would be some changes in this list during the course of the tour, so you'll never know what to expect.
To me the shattered Room was really a big highlight. This song proved to be a fantastic live-experience and I could clearly see by their reaction that most of the people present agreed with me. It was well worth the long trip!
Why do you laugh at my hopeless appeal for your mercy?

JJ II

It was great and with some new stuff and a few surprises, they had a very interesting setlist. Still, I missed one of the "anthems" (Hanging Tree or Butterfly Man), but the band promised these will be played during the tour.

I hope to send some pics, I took with my phone, after the weekend...

JJ II

By the way,.... be prepared: Rob grew old over the last months...  ;)

Appelmoes??

Edit:

;)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

The Fury

Quote from: JJ II on Sat, 2005-09-17, 12:17:47
It was great and with some new stuff and a few surprises, they had a very interesting setlist. Still, I missed one of the "anthems" (Hanging Tree or Butterfly Man), but the band promised these will be played during the tour.

I hope to send some pics, I took with my phone, after the weekend...

Well that may be, but I found it quite refreshing on the other hand.
Btw. We're you standing in the back of the venue? I saw some people around me making pictures with their phones....

Appelmoes: sssst. don't spoil it!  ;)

Wurensh

Didn't they also play Witchhunt and Skin Game ?
I was standing in the back also, but my uncle was in the front row and took his camera with him, so as soon as he sends them I'll share some...

And was it just me, or did Clive leave half his body at home ? ;)

I enjoyed myself very much last nigt, just too bad the sound wasn't quite well and they didn't play Tantalus...but still.

Mariska

The Fury

Quote from: Wurensh on Sat, 2005-09-17, 15:12:20
Didn't they also play Witchhunt and Skin Game ?
I was standing in the back also, but my uncle was in the front row and took his camera with him, so as soon as he sends them I'll share some...

And was it just me, or did Clive leave half his body at home ? ;)

I enjoyed myself very much last nigt, just too bad the sound wasn't quite well and they didn't play Tantalus...but still.

Yes, they did play Witchhunt. I remembered, but forgot to add it. They played the first three songs of Contagion in a row. And Skin Game they played as well, now I remember, thnx. Something went wrong with Rob's guitar during the acoustic part...

About Clive...there's a topic on that, so no further comment, but yes, I was impressed :-)

I agree on the sound. They bass and drums clearly had the upper hand at the expense of vocals, guitars and keyboards. During some parts of Solomon I could hardly hear any of those.

The Vision Bleak

They defintly played Skin Game and Witch Hunt as well. I tried to shoot some pictures with my phone as well, but only wehn Rob stood on the far right my pictures looked pretty cool. So that was at the front, where I saw some other phones as well.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Wurensh on Sat, 2005-09-17, 15:12:20

Hmmm....I guess that uncle you're talking about is my dad.....(hoi nicht!)

Anyway, here are some pictures my dad and I made. Enjoy.

Tom

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

The Fury

Thnx for the pics....yeah, that's pretty much what the guys looked like last night  :)

Wurensh

Hey Tommie !!

Was it you that helped play the bass or was it Rene ?
cool pics !
(and why haven't I got them yet ???)

CU at IQ probably, or Marillion in December ?

:-* Mariska

The Fury

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Wurensh on Sat, 2005-09-17, 19:06:40
Was it you that helped play the bass or was it Rene ?

Rene helped Ian play the bass......unfortunately :P

And yes, I'll probably see you in November if you're going to IQ. But I think you just have to come and see Arena again on October the 16th, just as 'The Fury' said ;)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Wurensh

Yeah yeah, I'd like to, but you can't have it all. I've got extra mouths to feed, as you know. The kids can go with us on the 15th anniversary tour, we're already saving...
And besides, I already saw John Jowitt naked once, you never know he'll go at it again, and I'm not made of stone, you know !  ;)

But I just ordered tickets to Stream of Passion, featuring Ayreon for next year february, should be great too.
We're getting off topic I presume, sorry !

Mariska

off to watch yet another csi episode

JJ II

Here's some more pictures of last friday! Hope you like them, despite the poor phone-quality... :-\

Wilford Jr.

Hey!!!  Great pix.  Thanks for posting them.  I'd love to see a good pic of Clive after all I have heard about him lately. ;)
No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

Saryna

Very nice pics!  Thanks for shareing them.  With great lighting like that  I can only imagine what a good 35 mm camera would take.  Hope someone did.

I can just hear Rob  a.k.a. Bowie singing to Ian now...."little china boy"..... ;)

Like someone said, any Clive pics?

Wurensh

Proglady

Those are very nice pictures,  :) know I'm thinking about going to a gig in October,  ::) but I would like to see IQ to in November  :-[

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Wurensh on Tue, 2005-09-20, 16:56:39
On the site of 'de Boerderij' there are some nice pics as well, look here:
http://www.boerderij.org/apps/an-fotoarchief/index.cfm?function=viewall

That link doesn't work (here at least...)

My drawings on MySpace

Invisible_Jen

I have read all your letters
I know what you contain
I have dreamt your dreams....

Appelmoes??

Funny, first it still didn't work, then went to the site, then the photoarea, and now the link does work ??? really strange ???

Anyway, In less than a month I will see the guys live, think I will take some pics myself ;D

My drawings on MySpace