News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Greatest and Strangest bands

Started by Higgins III, Thu, 2005-09-15, 01:47:41

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ II

QuoteDitrbox

Dirtbox, that is....

with a fridge magnet posessed by the devil....

keyboardistmatt

Perhaps another great band is Type O Negative...  Sure they are slightly errm... depressing... in places but each album is full of dark humour. 

The band are technically sound, and generally very bloody good!

Type O Negative' keyboard player Josh Silver even had a couple of keyboard solos in the latest album 'Life Is Killing Me'...
That's never happened before! :D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

gelert

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2005-11-06, 20:59:46
Oh, yeah, in the late-eighties i saw some pictures of a band (have no cleu what the name was) with a female singer, with, ehm, not much clothes on. Music was described, as i recall correctly, as hardrock, but never heard a thing of them. They looked really weird.  :o

Sounds like the late Wendy O. Williams (the "O" is for Orleans) and The Plasmatics... gaffa taped nipples, and a bleached Mohawk, wielding a chainsaw whilst sat astride a tank, surrounded by exploding TV sets...for further info, see page 90 of December 2005's Classic rock....

Try Poisoned Electric Head  or Cardiacs for sheer bizarreness on stage (and on CD as well...!)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

PH

I always thought Frameshift was quite disturbing. Songs like "I killed you". And "This is gonna hurt".

The lattest has this funny sentence:

"Me and you alone now,
are you frightent are you scared?
Let my little toy show you how
to scream so loud no one can hear.
We're gonna play a game that I enjoy.
We won't stop 'till you tell me the truth.
No matter what, I won't believe
'cause I just like hurting you!
And that's the truth!"

And Sebastian Bach is one heck of a loser. Check his official website... yuck.. :P

But he has a GREAT voice.

elisabeta

I haven't read the lyrics very carefully, but I like Frameshift's Unweaving the rainbow very much. Haven't heard the other albums though  :-\

Now can I mention one band as both one of the greatest and the strangest? Turbonegro, baby!  ;D

Smegal

i've found a very stange and interesting unsigned band in my local town of reading,  ENGLAND
they are called 'TARNISH' definatly worth a listen i think there website is

www.tarnish.fsnet.co.uk
MY PRECIOUS