News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

A luddite conforms

Started by Ian Lay, Fri, 2005-08-26, 10:45:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Lay

Hi everyone,

I'm the other Ian from Harlow in the UK.  I've been on the mailing list for a couple of years and have finally got round to getting myself signed up to the forum.  The topic header is a litle misleading in some ways as I'm not a person who is against technology and advances.  I'm just a big fan of e-mail so that's probably the reason why it has taken me so long to "convert".

For those who don't know me......I became an Arena fan a little over 3 years ago when I was blown away by The Visitor and Immortal?  I saw the guys live in London during the Contagion tour and I'm hoping to see them again in October when they will be once again touring this green and pleasant land.

I hope everyone is well out there in Arena land and with any luck, time permitting, I'll be joining in the discussions.

Cheers,

Ian
Worrying is like a rocking chair, it takes you for a ride, but gets you nowhere.

Peter

Welcome Ian, glad you made it here :D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Ian Lay

Thanks for the welcome.  It's good to be here.

I understand that the Contagion Max mix that Clive has done might well be put in the Verglas shop sometime in the near future. 

Has anyone out there actually got a copy already?  Because if you do then I'm going to be extremley jealous!  ;D

Cheers,

Ian
Worrying is like a rocking chair, it takes you for a ride, but gets you nowhere.

Wilford Jr.

I heard that the Contangion Max Cd was not ready yet and would not be out for sometime.  Maybe someone on the forum knows more about his.  How about Clive?  Maybe he can shed some light on when the double CD of Contagion Max might be available.
No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

Peter

Please read up on the Contagion Max issue

The search function comes in handy in cases like this...

edit: PS: hehe, 555th post!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Ian Lay

Thanks for all that.  Clarifies the situation nicely.

Cheers,

Ian

Moonloop

Erm......bit belated, but :

Hi Ian and welcome  ;D

The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

keyboardistmatt

I would like to welcome Ian to The Shattered Room. :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

ace

welcome too dude, this forum is full of nice people, hope you like it
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"

Ian Lay

Thanks again for the warm welcome.  I won't get much time to post at the moment as I'm preparing to get married next week.  It took Heidi and I 13 years to get round to it but we've finally decided to do the decent thing!

Cheers,

Ian

Moonloop

Quote from: Ian Lay on Thu, 2005-09-08, 23:52:47
Thanks again for the warm welcome.  I won't get much time to post at the moment as I'm preparing to get married next week.  It took Heidi and I 13 years to get round to it but we've finally decided to do the decent thing!

Cheers,

Ian

Congratulations mate and welcome to the club  ;D

The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

ace

Quote from: Ian Lay on Thu, 2005-09-08, 23:52:47

Cheers,

Ian

Dude, 13 years? that's a long time, I've dating my girl for 2years and a half and lemme tell you that I can't stand her. But if a couple could be togheter for that time I can bet is for sure the 'great one'. Congrats
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"

Ian Lay

Yeah 13 yrs is a long time.  We've been thinking about getting married for ages but for one reason or anotrher it hasn't happened.  Part of it was that Heidi's parents are not well off so a wedding would meant them taking out a loan to cover the cost.  That was something we weren't prepared to let them do.  We then thought about splitting the cost between them, my parents and ourselves.  But even then for a cheapish wedding your looking at £6000 (it's amazing how expensive it is) and even their "share" of the costs (£2000) would stretch them too much.

We even thought about going up to somewhere like Gretna Green and get married in secret but that would have upset Heidi's mum.  So we have reached a compromise.  We are going to pay for it all and we are having a quiet wedding with immediate family (so with us and Dominic our son that makes 11).  Then going to go for a nice meal in a very nice hotel in Old Harlow.

Even the honeymoon will be unconventional....nobody to look after Dominic for a week so the three of us are going to Centre Parcs for a family holiday :)

Cheers,

Ian

keyboardistmatt

Ian Lay

Cheers.  BTW, I see you are from West London, or live there anyway.  I used to live in Hounsow (for about 6 years).  In the same area?

Cheers,

Ian

Proglady

Better late then never, so welcome also from me and congratulations to your wedding  :)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Ian Lay on Sun, 2005-09-11, 21:46:56
Cheers.  BTW, I see you are from West London, or live there anyway.  I used to live in Hounsow (for about 6 years).  In the same area?

Cheers,

Ian

No, well, almost... I'm in Acton...

gelert

Quote from: Ian Lay on Fri, 2005-09-09, 19:35:27
Then going to go for a nice meal in a very nice hotel in Old Harlow.

Then you should qualify for a discount, surely...

I hear that the people of Old Harlow are shorter in height....

BTW...Wilkommen...
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Wilford Jr.

Welcome to the forum!  THis place is full of nice people and is a great source of information about Arena.  I have learned a lot about he band and its music since joining.  Also, congratulaions on your wedding.  BTW, what is a luddite?
No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

Ian Lay

Firstly Matt.... Acton.  Not that far from where I lived.  Played cricket a few times in Acton over the years.

Gelert..... LOL. 

Wilford Jnr....

The Luddites or Ludds were a social movement of English workers in the early 1800s who protested, often by destroying textile machines, against the changes produced by the Industrial Revolution that they felt threatened their jobs.

So I changed from being on the mailing list only to coming onto the forum even though I generally like mailing lists better.  However, I can honestly say that this forum is very easy to use and I should have signed up ages ago.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ian

Xanxtuary

Cool glad you made the decision to join us and hope your wedding is amazing!

Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed