News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Scottish Question

Started by Clive, Thu, 2005-08-11, 13:58:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

OK.... if there are any Scottish forum members, please note that the tour is nearly booked now, and we still don't have a gig on the 14th October.... this could be Scotland, but we have no contacts or ideas for a venue.
If anyone can suggest anything, then now is the time. We have a few more days before we stop trying to book gigs, and start trying to play the music!

Is there anyone who can help?  :)

Clive

Stuart

Can't believe I just registered to find no other Scottish Arena fan has responded here, there must be many more out there  :o

Much of this is for future reference since most are already booked on the 14th October. Would love to be able to see the band in Scotland, but more than likely will be trecking to London in October to the Mean Fidler.

Cheers

Stuart

The Renfrew Ferry (Glasgow)
information e-mail: lesley@therenfrewferry.co.uk
or telephone +44 (0) 141 429 1010
URL: http://therenfrewferry.co.uk/

14th October is showing free, and you would be in good company, with bands such as Focus, Man, Hatfield and the North and Re-Genesis playing the same month.

The Venue (Booked)
Atmospheric old-school concert and club venue
15 Calton Road Edinburgh EH8 8DL
T: +44 131 557 3073

King Tut's Wah Wah Hut
272a St Vincent Street
Tel: 0141 221 5279
URL: www.kingtuts.co.uk

Glasgow Barrowlands (holds 1900 standing - voted second best small venue in Europe)
Barrowland Ballroom
244 Gallowgate
Tel: 0141 552 4601
URL: www.glasgow-barrowland.com

Liquid Room (Booked by Think Floyd)
9c Victoria St Edinburgh EH1 2HE
T: +44 131 225 2564

The Queen's Hall (Booked by Jon Anderson)
Georgian style concert venue (seats 850)
Clerk Street Edinburgh EH8 9JG
T: +44 131 668 2019

gelert

You've obviously tried the Pallas boys for ideas...(?)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

contagion

Anywhere in Glasgow would suit me fine.

The Renfrew Ferry was fantastic the last time.

What about 'Strawberry Fields' ?

CygnusX1

Scottish fan here! :waves:  Unfortunately I'm a loooong way away in the West Highlands and due to various commitments probably couldn't make a gig on 14th Oct.  I'd love to finally come and see you chaps play a gig, but it won't be this time.  I seem to recall from the Contagion tour diary that your gig at the Renfrew Ferry wasn't the best experience for all concerned, but don't give up on us yet.  If Rush can sell out the SECC there must still be some kind of market for prog up here, just a question of finding the right promoter I 'spose (never easy! :(  ).

Deenfan

Rush could sell out the north pole if they went there...  ;D

I know of one great prog fan in Scotland, and he's a Glaswegian, so... go there, and at least ONE person will show up!!

(Much help I am...) :-[

Clive

Not going to happen I'm afraid.... we did try, but nothing came up.  :(
Looks like one of our few days off will be in the UK.... time for some laundry then... ;)

CygnusX1

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2005-08-23, 00:40:40

Only if they play Freeze and By Tor & the Snow Dog.

sorry, sorry, sorry  :-[

maddox

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2005-08-23, 00:40:40

Only when they give the Inuit English lessons, they might... ;D ;D ;D

MAD.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Stuart

Quote from: Clive on Tue, 2005-08-23, 08:52:39
Not going to happen I'm afraid.... we did try, but nothing came up.  :(

Ah well we tried, enjoy your day off Clive and the band. Maybe next time.

Looks like the airlines, railways or petrol companies will be the winners as we trek south to Shefield or London, though with the 'Visitor' set announcement, Holland is looking a good choice too in October :)

gelert

Quote from: Stuart on Tue, 2005-08-23, 23:30:51
Ah well we tried, enjoy your day off Clive and the band. Maybe next time.

Looks like the airlines, railways or petrol companies will be the winners as we trek south to Shefield or London, though with the 'Visitor' set announcement, Holland is looking a good choice too in October :)

Northern ones in particular....

;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

shrinking_violet

It is a great shame that nothing was available for up here in Scotland. I am quite sure you will be able to attract a good crowd , last time wasn't a good choice for a date as it was Easter Sunday . Hope to see a return to Glasgow .