News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena on Best-Of CD!

Started by JJ II, Mon, 2005-07-11, 11:41:08

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ II

Hi all!

Arena will be presented on a 3-CD Best-Of Symfonic Rock by the Dutch Radio station Arrow Rock.
Last year The Hanging Tree was voted into their symfo 25 (Dutch say Symfo instead of Prog) and now it's present on this new collection. Hopefully this will bring on some new fans!
Since Marillion and Pendragon are on the discs as well, both Clive and Mick are presented twice! IQ is on it as well but not with a line-up including Jowitt (sorry JJ).

The Best Symfo Rock (Arrow Classic Rock/Universal), will be released in the Netherlands. Tracks: disc 1â€""Firth of Fifth" (Genesis), "Yours is No Disgrace" (Yes), "Tom Sawyer" (Rush), "Script for a Jester's Tear" (Marillion), "Blinded by the..." (Manfred Mann's Earth Band), "Heat of the Moment" (Asia), "Paintbox" (Pendragon), "Lucky Man" (ELP), "Walk in the Shadows" (Queensryche), "Come Sail Away" (Styx), "Nothing is Easy" (Jethro Tull), "Blame" (Mike and the Mechanics);
disc 2â€""Ice" (Camel), "Merlin" (Kayak), "Vigil" (Fish), "Promises" (IQ), "Gates of Babylon" (Rainbow), "Operation Mindcrime" (Queensryche), "Tower" (Angel), "July Morning" (Uriah Heep), "Valentyne Theme One" (Colosseum), "A Fair Judgement" (Opeth);
disc 3â€""Spirit of Radio" (Rush), "Metropolis Part 1" (Dream Theater), "Hanging Tree" (Arena), "Peter Gunn" (ELP), "Fortune" (Angel), "Suite Madame Blue" (Styx), "Gap is Too Wide" (Mostly Autumn), "Present from Nancy" (Supersister), "Hocus Pocus" (Focus), "Carry on Wayward Son" (Kansas), "Home of the Brave " (Toto).

Patrik

Hi JJ!
I assume that this (very interesting) collection is only available in Holland?
A rather odd choice to include Rainbow. And I wonder what Bruce Springsteen thinks of one of his songs (Blinded by the Light) being characterized as prog (albeit not his own version on "Greetings from Asbury Park").

Patrik

Ooops!
Just found out that the discussion continued on another thread instead. Sorry...:-\