News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Possibly releasing Contagion on vinyl?

Started by psychopomp95, Wed, 2005-06-15, 05:31:11

Previous topic - Next topic

psychopomp95

Well, I finally ordered 'Contagium' and 'Contagious' recently, so today I just burned the 'full' tracklist, all 95 minutes of it! I like what I hear so far, I just listened to the first disc (up to "Skin Game" - it seems like the right place to end it as that song has a definite 'finality' to it at the end, with that acoustic guitar and harmonized vocals). I definitely think the band DID make a good choice to 'condense' the material into an hour or so, but I also think it's very cool they saw fit to release the remaining tracks and provide us with the order in which they were intended! :)
Anyways, my point out of this would be, is it feasible to release Contagion (and maybe other Arena albums, too!) on vinyl? As far as I know this hasn't been done yet, but the music definitely has that classic sound to it that would go hand-in-hand with a scratchy old turntable ;) and since Contagion is my focus in this topic, why not make it a double vinyl with all the 'extra' tracks on it as well? The album would divide very nicely into four segments, I can already see where it would be done!
Obviously it would have to be a pretty limited edition thing (I can't envision more than 500 copies per album, max, being printed), but I bet a number of fans would love to get hold of limited edition albums of Arena's stuff! :) And the ALWAYS fantastic artwork could look really awesome on a full-size album cover - worthy of framing and hanging on walls IMO! :D

Moonloop

The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

psychopomp95

Ah... oh well, had to suggest it anyway! Who knows, maybe down the road it'd be feasible...!

Moonloop

The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...