News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Aschaffenburg

Started by susitheprogbeginer, Sun, 2005-05-08, 19:47:33

Previous topic - Next topic

susitheprogbeginer

Hi guys I don't know if u remember me: I was the girl with the susi prog who got the jacket of clive ecause she was freezing (you the susiprog thing)

at first let me say you made my very first progressive rock conzert really incrediable it was definitly a new experience or me and it was great
the next thing is would be thankful to get the photos you guys took with Johns camara

so in the and can say I was amazed by the show the fantastic music and you of cause you made me have good time so:

Thank you!!!!

greetz susi

Deenfan

Wonderful work, Clive & co.!! Winning over a girl to this men's club.  :)

Goes to prove that there's a heart behind the odd time signatures! ;D

Welcome to the board, Susi!

susitheprogbeginer

thank you i'm glad to be here

Clive

It has to be said that this was a great gig!
We had an excellent time on stage, mainly thanks to the amazing enthusiasm of the audience. I think this was one of the best Arena gigs in Germany ever.... :)
Thanks to everyone who turned up.... thanks to Peter for bringing those fliers and helping to spread the word a little more.... and thanks to 'susitheprogbeginer' who proved to us that there are always more people out there ready to discover our music!

It was also great having JJ back on stage with us.... I'd forgotten about his line in shiny trousers... :)

Spain next, I believe...

Peter

Good to hear that from you :)

I would have stayed longer and joined everybody after show, but I was there with a colleague (who was driving the  car we arrived in...!) and he wanted to go home, so we left...

I talked Mick into the promise to join here soon, so let's see.... :D

JJ really proved to be what we call a 'Stimmungskanone'! 'twas such a nice evening, will remember it for a long time... pictures to come...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

JJ II

It was a wonderful gig indeed. It was very crowded, but what an audience!
I think it is one of the best Arena-gigs I've seen (and I've seen many aver the last 10 years), with a great best-of setlist (more or less the same as in Portugal, but with The Hanging Tree and the Grendel-end-section!), a very confident Rob and an as ever enthusiastic Jowitt. Good to see him back!  ;D
John Mitchell was rocking as always: man, what a guitar player! Clive had a new moog (if I'm not mistaken) and was having a good time, as was Mick, who seriously beat the hell out of his skins. This was a rock-show! Considering the fact that the band played in a new line-up with only a few gigs in their pocket, they were incredibly tight. Only Skin Game and Smoke and Mirrors didn't really work out this time for me (I don't know why, but I missed some subtle elements in these tracks, may because they have two guitar-parts in them), but the rest went on like a LOUD roller-coaster.  :D
It was good to see the 'Arena-family' afterwards. One of the great things about these special gigs is the amount of familiar faces, of people who've been following the band over the last 10 years.

POM

Hi!

It seems the gig was GREAT!

If someone could put here the setlist...  ;)

Peter

Quote from: POM on Mon, 2005-05-09, 11:05:17
Hi!
It seems the gig was GREAT!
If someone could put here the setlist...  ;)

setlist in this thread.

JJ1

Peter,

Clive tells me that 'Stimmungskannone' means shiny trousered wanker.  Can this be true?

JJ
"...never ever bloody anything ever."

Peter

Quote from: JJ1 on Sat, 2005-05-14, 22:10:39
Peter,
Clive tells me that 'Stimmungskannone' means shiny trousered wanker.  Can this be true?
JJ

ROFL,
no!
It means that you're a guy who really makes the crowds move, jump, clap and shout a lot. It's a good thing :)

You can leave in the 'shiny trousered' part, though :P

Proglady

Hi everybody,

I know I'm a little late, but still wanted to write down what a great gig it was in Aschaffenburg. I'm still electrified about the Performance the Band gave.

I hope my English isn't that bad.

Cheers Proglady  :)