News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Teunis, Thu, 2014-08-07, 19:58:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Yesterday I was at the Blind Ego and Kingcrow gig @ Hedon Zwolle. It was *horns*. I always wanted to see Blind Ego. I own all their albums and it was the main reason to go. In the meantime, after the gig was published, I listenened to all the albums from Kingcrow on Spotify. But after seeing them live yesterday I consider myself a fan, just wow 8). Next stop: Pendragon on 15th April, same venue. Looking forward to it. I've read so many raving reviews on their new album 'Love Over Fear'. I like it, but the click isn't there (yet). Maybe after hearing the whole album live it is coming to life :).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2020-03-05, 20:04:00
Yesterday I was at the Blind Ego and Kingcrow gig @ Hedon Zwolle. It was *horns*. I always wanted to see Blind Ego. I own all their albums and it was the main reason to go. In the meantime, after the gig was published, I listenened to all the albums from Kingcrow on Spotify. But after seeing them live yesterday I consider myself a fan, just wow 8). Next stop: Pendragon on 15th April, same venue. Looking forward to it. I've read so many raving reviews on their new album 'Love Over Fear'. I like it, but the click isn't there (yet). Maybe after hearing the whole album live it is coming to life :).

Cool! 8) The new Blind Ego album is really nice! I was tempted to go, but my work schedule didn't allow it.

The new Pendragon is getting a hype on almost all progressive rock websites. To bad it's not on Spotify. I think I'll wait a bit and then decide if I want it or not.

erik

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2020-03-05, 20:04:00
Next stop: Pendragon on 15th April, same venue. Looking forward to it. I've read so many raving reviews on their new album 'Love Over Fear'. I like it, but the click isn't there (yet). Maybe after hearing the whole album live it is coming to life :).
You are in for a treat! After attending the sold out gig in Zoetermeer yesterday I just have to say that Pendragon seem to be at the top of their game these days. The "first 40 years" anniversary title (implying there will be another 40) was tongue in cheek of course, but they are certainly on a roll with a sense of "second youth" and energy about them. They have delivered a career highlight with Love Over Fear - it really is a grower - and it translated very well to the stage, with Mark Westwood stepping in to provide additional acoustic guitar in several of the new tracks. Truth And Lies is my personal fave of the new tracks and really got under my skin yesterday, but it was simply great throughout. I missed the 40 years gig (waited too long to get a ticket and then it was sold out) and am very glad I did not miss out this time. I have been following Pendragon since the nineties when I was discovering prog, my entry point Window Of Life is still my favourite Pendragon album, and it is great to see the band so alive and kicking.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Teunis

Hi Erik, good to see you again :). Yeah, I've seen the enthusiastic reactions on the Pendragon gig last night @ De Boerderij. I'll keep on playing the album, often the best albums have to sink in ... . Really looking forward to the gig and I've heard my all time favourite Pendie track 'Breaking The Spell' is on the setlist  8). Good to read you had a great time. I've also been following them since the 90's. 'The Window Of Life' is my favourite. The last few albums didn't do that much to me and with 'Love Over Fear' they are on the way back. And also fun to read the daily stories from the tour from Clive Nolan ;D.

erik

Hi Teunis, yes Breaking The Spell is on the setlist - it is my alltime Pendie track as well 8). I have read that Nick Barrett wanted to back to that classic sound of tracks like Breaking The Spell and Paintbox and indeed there are many spine tingling solos on Love Over Fear. I rather like the last few albums and think they had taken their trademark sound as far as they could with Not Of This World. The new direction from Believe onwards works for me but many not be everyone's cup of tea I guess. Meanwhile Clive's tour diary is a fun read as you say ;D.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Teunis

Unfortunately the gig is cancelled due to the known circumstances. Who knows how long it will take before we'll be able to attend a gig again :(. But of course that's not the most important thing in life. Stay healthy people :).

erik

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2020-03-21, 20:07:30
Unfortunately the gig is cancelled due to the known circumstances. Who knows how long it will take before we'll be able to attend a gig again :(. But of course that's not the most important thing in life. Stay healthy people :).
Too bad Teunis, hopefully there will be another chance to see the cancelled gig!
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Teunis

Quote from: erik on Sun, 2020-03-22, 12:43:06
Too bad Teunis, hopefully there will be another chance to see the cancelled gig!
Pendragon will reschedule all the cancelled gigs fortunately. But hard times for musicians and fans ...

Teunis

Knight Area @ Hedon Zwolle: yesterday. Enjoyed it thoroughly after more than two years without gigs.

Next stop: 14th April @ Hedon Zwolle: Gazpacho (support: Pure Reason Revolution). Looking forward to it! 8)

Peter

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2022-03-19, 19:30:42
Knight Area @ Hedon Zwolle: yesterday. Enjoyed it thoroughly after more than two years without gigs.

Next stop: 14th April @ Hedon Zwolle: Gazpacho (support: Pure Reason Revolution). Looking forward to it! 8)

PRR as support, cool! That's worth to go if they were headliners :D Although I'm a bit underwhelmed with their new releases...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2022-03-21, 09:14:49
PRR as support, cool! That's worth to go if they were headliners :D Although I'm a bit underwhelmed with their new releases...
It was announced as a 'double headliner tour'. Frankly speaking I'm going for Gazpacho ;). I listened to 'Eupnea' a few times and was pleasantly surprised though. A new album 'Above Cirrus' will be released on 6th May.

Teunis

Last Monday I attended a Fischer-Z solo gig in Zwolle, just John Watts with his (electric) guitar. Youth sentiment for me, 'Red Skies Over Paradise' was played live and many other well known songs like 'So Long', 'Remember Russia' and 'The Worker'. Really enjoyed it 8).

Peter

Last Friday, I attended the ARENA gig in Bensheim. It was awesome.
Tomorrow, I will attend Porcupine Tree in Stuttgart.
Next week, Wednesday, I will attend Mammoth WVH/Halestorm/Alter Bridge in Esch-sur-Alzette (Luxembourg).

So, pretty busy gig schedule right now. And I'm loving it.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Teunis

Going to see our great vocalist Damian Wilson on his solo tour the 7th May @ Hedon Zwolle. Just he and his acoustic guitar but I really love his voice 8). Looking forward to it, a goosebumps guarantee ;)

PH

I am at the Lonely Robot gig, right now. Anyone else?

Teunis

Unfortunately not ... hope you had a great time? *horns*