News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Seventh Degree of Seperation

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2011-09-09, 20:16:58

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Still haven't ordered it.
I'm searching for a 'victim' that owns a creditcard.  :-\
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2011-10-26, 17:39:13
Wow, thanks, that's great. Do you maybe have timestamps to the Arena-bit(s)? 'Cause I probably won't have time to listen to the whole thing all the way through.

EDIT: Never mind, it's right at the very beginning of the podcast! Listening now! *horns*
Just heard the track 'Burning Down'. I remember they played it live a year ago *horns* 8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Sounds cool! 8)
It's a very powerful song, not really proggy by Arena standards, but still really nice. I think I heard JM's voice too. ;) And Clive did a nice keyboard solo with a cool sound, that sounded very much like Arena.

Paul's voice is a bit different from the other singers Arena has had.

I'm so excited! I'm glad I preordered, because I want this album as soon as possible!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

maddox

I will not listen to the podcast, simply because I wouldn't know how. Not a foggiest idea... ???

And, to be on the subject: It seems that I have ordered it, from a different route.  *horns*

PH

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2011-10-26, 20:23:15
I will not listen to the podcast, simply because I wouldn't know how. Not a foggiest idea... ???

And, to be on the subject: It seems that I have ordered it, from a different route.  *horns*

Well, how did you do it?

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2011-10-26, 19:21:57
Just heard the track 'Burning Down'. I remember they played it live a year ago *horns* 8).

Teunis, do you realise you just made the 60000th post here in the Room?

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2011-10-26, 20:23:15
http://podcasts.canstream.co.uk/stroud/index.php?cat=Andy%20Read%3A%20DPRP%20Progressive%20Zone
Just press the 'play' button, it's indeed in the beginning of the show.  :D

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2011-10-27, 00:15:30
Teunis, do you realise you just made the 60000th post here in the Room?
No, didn't realise that. What an honour ;).

Bupie

Thanks for the links, guys.

I listened to the whole show and was impressed by almost every song that was played. The Arena's song and tour advertiser were good, the Transatlantic live rendition of "Brigde Across Forever" was moving, I also liked a lot Alan Reed, Knight Area, Agents Of Mercy and Man On Fire but the two bands that impressed me most were Manning with an incredibly brilliant tune called "The Year Of Wonders" and Magenta with a song of their new album, "Book Of Dreams", that lives up to my very high expectations  8)

Magenta is really my favorite active symphonic/neo prog band, with IQ being a close second. But I will sure check Manning's new album.

All in all a great show that puts me in a mood for more symphonic and neo prog  *horns*

The Butterfly Man

Guys, there's an extended teaser on www.arenaband.com!!! I have a feeling this album's gonna be great. I can't wait any longer! :'(

*horns*

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2011-10-27, 00:15:30
Well, how did you do it?

Teunis made me aware of the fact that Beyond Rock has it also on pre-order.
I placed my order over there, though I haven't heard anything from them since Tuesday.

erik

Burning Down sounds great, quite heavy yet catchy at the same time. I really like the vocals, Paul Manzi is a great new asset for Arena. Just like Pallas with their new vocalist the overall sound has a lot more emphasis on Rock with a capital R. The album got the "highly recommended" tag in the latest issue of the Dutch prog mag iO Pages that arrived yesterday and what I gather from the review is that the Prog is still very much present as well.

Edit: btw the synth solo in Burning Down sounds very "Chosen"!
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

maddox

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2011-10-28, 10:09:32
Teunis made me aware of the fact that Beyond Rock has it also on pre-order.
I placed my order over there, though I haven't heard anything from them since Tuesday.

Just got the news that they can only deliver the album after the concert.  :(

Bummer.  :-\

PH

Quote from: erik on Sun, 2011-10-30, 10:10:11
Burning Down sounds great, quite heavy yet catchy at the same time. I really like the vocals, Paul Manzi is a great new asset for Arena. Just like Pallas with their new vocalist the overall sound has a lot more emphasis on Rock with a capital R.

Absolutely! Paul's voice is more powerful than Rob's or Wrightson's. He sometimes reminds me of Ashley Holt who sang on Nolan & Wakeman's "The Hound Of The Baskervilles" and is also known for his contributions to Rick Wakeman's albums.

The album got the "highly recommended" tag in the latest issue of the Dutch prog mag iO Pages that arrived yesterday

"Vette krent!" ;D

and what I gather from the review is that the Prog is still very much present as well.

Yes. I am very much looking forward to the other songs as well. And secretly I hope it sounds a bit more proggier than Burning Down.

Edit: btw the synth solo in Burning Down sounds very "Chosen"!

Indeed! That was exactly what I thought when I heard it for the first time! ;D

Smegal

Hi everybody limited edition 7th degree of separation for sale on tour RIGHT NOW !!!   includes bonus DVD
MY PRECIOUS

Bupie

I don't know if it has been already posted : yesterday's interview of Clive on DPRP : http://podcasts.stroudfm.co.uk/index.php?id=183

Teunis

Quote from: Bupie on Sat, 2011-11-05, 09:03:46
I don't know if it has been already posted : yesterday's interview of Clive on DPRP : http://podcasts.stroudfm.co.uk/index.php?id=183
I have just been listening to this show. It was interesting, two tracks of the new album (though 'Burning Down' already was in last week's edition), Clive's comments about the story of the new album and touring. Also about Caamora's 'She', Pendragon and Shadowland. Music from all of these bands/projects. Recommended  ;).

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Bupie on Sat, 2011-11-05, 09:03:46

Thanks for the heads up! Listening now. A Crack In The Ice is now playing, still a great song. *horns*

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

I'm sorry to nag about something but I'm so very disappointed.
I can't buy the album before the show because I don't have a visa or similar and that troubles me quite a bit.
I hoped to receive the album prior to the show but beyond rock won't provide me with a copy until after the show.

I don't really like that.  :-\

Petrucci

No feedback about the last album or the last gigs ?? :(

I have only listened 4 songs from the Seventh Degree and I am a little disapointed: short songs, no risk-taking, lack of inspiration and singer very present...

Waiting for the new album that I have ordered.

Niquicho

Received an e-mail today from Verglas that they shipped my cd. How long does a boat take from England to the Netherlands? That boat with the bearded guy from Spain took weeks to get here. Hope this one's faster. Anticipation is probably the same. (Dutch inside joke, sorry)

Bupie

The few written feedbacks that you can find on the web are very good. The ratings, instead, are average ...

The album is 56 minutes long for 13 songs, which leads to a sub-5 minutes average ... but Contagion has no long songs neither and some fans like it  ;)

I am also waiting for the album and I have just heard one song so far on a radio prog show (the link is somewhere on this thread if I don't mistake). It was good but it indeed suffered IMHO from the comparison with other songs played on the occasion (Manning's and Magenta's for instance).

PH

I've heard Burning Down which was a very decent song. Very powerful! But also very different from other Arena material. Perhaps not as proggy, but certainly rocky. Catchy too.

But I also hope the album has some more proggier songs.

I'm eagerly waiting for the postman to bring the album to me. So I am also curious how long will it take to get it shipped to the Netherlands. (I too got a mail from Verglas six days ago.)

Draco chimera

Went to the gig yesterday evening and bought the CD. I didn't listen to it yet (no time!), but I just can't wait! Awesome gig by the way  *horns*
Let your conscience decide !

PH

I've got it! I've got it! I've got it! ;D ;D ;D
Just came through the mailbox! (Not more than 10 minutes ago.)

The booklet is looking like something of a metal band, it's got some pretty sick pictures. (I'm not really a horror-loving person.)
It's also my first cd with a parental advisory sticker on it.

But what really matters is the music, and I'm going to listen to it NOW!

See ya! ;D

Draco chimera

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2011-11-17, 10:13:49

See ya! ;D
Enjoy, then!  ;D Listened to it yesterday evening. It's really different from everything Arena has done before. Need to listen to it again, but some songs already feel awe-some!!! *horns*
Let your conscience decide !

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2011-11-17, 10:13:49
I've got it! I've got it! I've got it! ;D ;D ;D
Just came through the mailbox! (Not more than 10 minutes ago.)

The booklet is looking like something of a metal band, it's got some pretty sick pictures. (I'm not really a horror-loving person.)
It's also my first cd with a parental advisory sticker on it.

See ya! ;D
Go on : I think it is the proper week to tell "take a leap of faith if you want to find out"  ;)

My copy is still somewhere in the outer space  :P