News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Seventh Degree of Seperation

Started by Teunis, Fri, 2011-09-09, 20:16:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Deenfan

It does flicker. It seems they've gone for an old movie simulation thing. And it is in black and white.

On the actual album, I've presented it to some of my friends, and both camps (Arenaists and Arenasceptics) are hugely impressed. The verdict is unanimous: The new singer is awesome, and has lifted the bands music to a different level altogether.

So, welcome to the cage, Manzi! :)

payter

Thanks for clarifying the flickering. At least it's not some kind of NTSC/PAL issue then.

aswas

I didn't see and flickering at all. maybe i was lucky. Got the CD about 2 weeks ago, and it definitely Is what Clive said it would be: Dark. I am sorting through all of the instrumental parts and breaking them down. I would have like to hear Clive a little more, maybe another quick solo or 2. He has always blended wonderfully with the band, but several songs he really can't be heard very well. He uses several new sounds throughout, but it is background at the most, at times. maybe this was intentional. He presence builds obviously more towards the ending few tracks. I love Arena and have for many years. I remember  Clive saying that he tires of making CDs because of all the ripoff schemes online and illegal download possibilities. Do you think this may be the last one? Good to be back. Been gone for a long long time due to medical issues. Hope everyone is doing ok.Aswas Dan
don't fly... too close to the sun

payter

Quote from: aswas on Fri, 2012-02-03, 16:38:50
I didn't see and flickering at all. maybe i was lucky.

Hmm... let me ask you another question then: when Clive shows some stuff on his computer monitor, from about 18:40 to 19:10, can you see that (what's on his screen)clearly? I can't. It's all black&white, shaky and flickering (and fuzzy too).

Draco chimera

Quote from: aswas on Fri, 2012-02-03, 16:38:50
I didn't see and flickering at all. maybe i was lucky. Got the CD about 2 weeks ago, and it definitely Is what Clive said it would be: Dark. I am sorting through all of the instrumental parts and breaking them down. I would have like to hear Clive a little more, maybe another quick solo or 2. He has always blended wonderfully with the band, but several songs he really can't be heard very well. He uses several new sounds throughout, but it is background at the most, at times. maybe this was intentional. He presence builds obviously more towards the ending few tracks. I love Arena and have for many years. I remember  Clive saying that he tires of making CDs because of all the ripoff schemes online and illegal download possibilities. Do you think this may be the last one? Good to be back. Been gone for a long long time due to medical issues. Hope everyone is doing ok.Aswas Dan
I sure hope it's not their last!! And I would personally travel to England and convince Clive if he thought so.  :P I don't think they would have enganged a new singer and bassist and come back after a hiatus if they had doubts about the success of the album from a commercial perspective because of piracy.
Good to hear from you again, btw ;) Hope you're doing better
Let your conscience decide !

Deenfan

Quote from: payter on Fri, 2012-02-03, 16:51:54
Hmm... let me ask you another question then: when Clive shows some stuff on his computer monitor, from about 18:40 to 19:10, can you see that (what's on his screen)clearly? I can't. It's all black&white, shaky and flickering (and fuzzy too).

I'll be standing in a corner, head down, shamefaced, if it isn't intentional, as an effect. I used to be able to tell the difference between effects and technical flaws... :-[

aswas

Quote from: payter on Fri, 2012-02-03, 16:51:54
I
QuoteI will look again man
don't fly... too close to the sun