News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Where are you all ?

Started by funkster, Mon, 2010-06-07, 15:02:46

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

No posts at all on friday or saturday !!

have you all gone on holiday and not invited me ?  :'(

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2010-06-07, 15:02:46
have you all gone on holiday?  :'(

I was, kinda. I booked a last-minute weekendrip with my girlfriend. But where everyone else's at, I don't know. ???

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

funkster

maddox

I've been busy. Busy thinking. Thinking real hard.

Next year in April Roger Waters will perform The Wall in its entirety throughout the world, and Holland is no exception.

Unfortunately we we're too late for the field tickets which meant that we had to settle for seats all the way in the back of the stadium. No fun.
But then my brother suggested that we would go for the Deluxe tickets which costed about 199,- euro's p.p. That's really expensive although we would get some extra priveleges and a few merchandises.
Now, just at the moment that I said to myself that I would go for it, my brother pulled out.  :-\
Leaving me with the tricky question: shall I go alone or not?

And ... just as I was about to do it, today was announced that there will be an extra concert the day after, on friday April 9th.  8)

Guess what?

I've just bought four field tickets for the Roger Waters concert, next April 2011!!!

Me happy!

And besides that: I've also been busy with some work in the house and the garden and arranging stuff for my daughters Birthday this Wednesday.. so.. little time.  ;)

And then to think that I really have to update/rearrange/home-make-over my listening profile!  :o :o :o ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

funkster

Good on ya Mad

I will be on my hols in france from thursday for just under 2 weeks so do not miss me too much y'all  ;)

Manatee

I'm around.  Was with friends Saturday.  Mostly I just haven't had a lot to say about music lately.  I'm not really in a metal mood, and that seems to be the major focus of late.  I did order my first new CD in a few months -- a second Anathema.  I'd love to come to that big honking festival in England with all the great acts, but finances and distances make that problematic.  I have not gone on holiday with Tom's girlfriend.   ;D
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

maddox

Quote from: Manatee on Mon, 2010-06-07, 17:00:13
I'm around.  Was with friends Saturday.  Mostly I just haven't had a lot to say about music lately.  I'm not really in a metal mood, and that seems to be the major focus of late.

No offence, mighty green man, but why should that stop you from discussing about music?
Or even what you are playing at that moment?

QuoteI did order my first new CD in a few months -- a second Anathema.  I'd love to come to that big honking festival in England with all the great acts, but finances and distances make that problematic.  I have not gone on holiday with Tom's girlfriend.   ;D

I think Tom is quite happy with that.  ;D :D

By the way: Have you listened to Anathema's latest?
It's truly beautiful.

Manatee

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2010-06-07, 17:03:43
No offence, mighty green man, but why should that stop you from discussing about music?
Or even what you are playing at that moment?

It shouldn't, really, but not a lot has sparked my interest recently, and to tell the truth, I haven't been playing so much music lately, although I'm planning to remedy that.

I think Tom is quite happy with that.  ;D :D

By the way: Have you listened to Anathema's latest?
It's truly beautiful.

Anathema's latest is not quite out over here yet, but I have it in mind.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

funkster

Post whatever you like Manatee , we may even read it even if it is not metal  *horns* ;)

I go through phases myself when it is metal or nothing else and sometimes it is anything but metal. At the moment is it metal but when i am away it will be Madness , Snow Patrol or Elbow

Nicky007

Yup !  I don't need a holiday where I have to listen to thrash and football jive for hours on end  :P

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2010-06-07, 16:58:22
I will be on my hols in france from thursday for just under 2 weeks so do not miss me too much y'all  ;)

Aren't we invited? :'(

Quote from: Manatee on Mon, 2010-06-07, 17:00:13
I have not gone on holiday with Tom's girlfriend.   ;D

I know I was there and I didn't spot any manatees so I guess you're telling the truth. But if you'd really like to......maybe we can make an arrangement... ;D

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2010-06-07, 17:34:27
Post whatever you like Manatee , we may even read it even if it is not metal  *horns* ;)

I go through phases myself when it is metal or nothing else and sometimes it is anything but metal. At the moment is it metal but when i am away it will be Madness , Snow Patrol or Elbow

Hey, Snow Patrol and Elbow are great bands, I listen to their music regularly! 8)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2010-06-07, 17:36:24
I don't need a holiday where I have to listen to football jive for hours on end  :P

Then a very bad month is upon you with the football World Cup... ;)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Iggy

My nieces were visiting they are now in Scotland but will be back on Saturday. It has been peculiar watching them grow up as they live in Australia. 5 or 6 visits and all of a sudden they are in their 20's

Bupie

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2010-06-07, 16:58:22
I will be on my hols in france from thursday for just under 2 weeks so do not miss me too much y'all  ;)
Where are you going ? Maybe it's close to the place where I live ?  :)

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2010-06-07, 19:36:24
Then a very bad month is upon you with the football World Cup... ;)

As long as I can avoid it, I don't care.

At my age, one has learned to simply ignore stuff that doesnt interest one - in my case media sports, junk culture, glamor, pomp, all that shit - and not get ideological about it, as one does when one is young.

Fortunately none of my firstlife friends care a hoot about media sports. It's a bigger problem with music. How intelligent people can have the radio on with all that junk music  :'( ???

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Draco chimera

The explanation for my Vanishing Act ( :P) is simple : I have an exam in a few days.  :-\ So right now, I have to work, but after that I will be free for all summer.  :)
Let your conscience decide !

funkster

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2010-06-08, 07:29:38
Where are you going ? Maybe it's close to the place where I live ?  :)

Carnac in southern Breton and mighty enjoyable it was as well

Bupie

Ok, since it's about 900 km from home, no regrets  ;D

Carnac is an inspiring place for celtic oriented rock. Considering the weather those last weeks, Mostly Autumn could have been a good choice for your car. Or Celtic Frost if your wife and kids can handle it ... but I hope you don't inflict them that kind of music !

funkster

Nothing that heavy - more Queen , Thunder , The Darkness , Springsten and Marley

Gorgeous part of the world though and the people were friendly , the food and drink were great and it was a super break.

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2010-06-22, 09:47:41
Celtic Frost, if your wife and kids can handle it ... but I hope you don't inflict them that kind of music !

Yeah, I bought Monotheist (released 2006) by'm shortly after its release. Whew, sure was a challenge to me at the time !  The only album I can recall that gave me nausea every time I played it  :-\

Today - after Nevermore, Dimmu Borgir and stuff - I would probably not be affected that way, but whether I would like it or not  ???

Anyone here enjoy Celtic Frost ?

I actually havent been listening to any music the past few days  :o

I landed a job a few weeks ago with online marketing. The firm is Atak Advertising and Marketing aam.dk. (The guy's name is Burhan Atak). I'v been writing SEO-articles (Search Engine Optimisation), and product descriptions focussed on keywords. My boss also gave my the portal vaelger.dk ("vaelger" is "voter" in Danish) to play around with. I'v been devising votes and debate articles for it. More later .....

Iac we're real busy these days, and when I get home, I just cook, eat, watch TV (not the football stuff tho), and go to bed early  ;D

So, answering the topic question: I'm at work  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

keyboardistmatt

No posts at all on friday or saturday !!

I have been finding stuff to do while I wait for the new Arena album.  I do look in from time to time, but then I have to go away and eat a Pringle Sandwich... ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

aswas

Hey everyone,

Believe me, if I could be here, I would. Just checking in. Still fighting my own body and waiting for the day, when the demons that have taken control of my health, will set me free. Back to the bed!  Daniel
don't fly... too close to the sun

Bupie

Hold on, Aswas, I really wish that things get better soon for you and I am sure that every Roomie feels the same :)

Draco chimera

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2010-07-16, 09:20:37
Hold on, Aswas, I really wish that things get better soon for you and I am sure that every Roomie feels the same :)
Yes, we do  ;). Hold on ! We all wish you to get better  :)
Let your conscience decide !

maddox

What the two nice fellows said before me.  ;)

Teunis

Stay strong Aswas, hope you're feeling better soon!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)