News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

'Best of' album title suggestions

Started by mdread666, Wed, 2005-02-23, 15:22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

mdread666

Please use this subject to give album title suggestions only - the best one may/or may not get used at Clive's discretion!!!

OK, to kick off...........................

CHOSEN - THE BEST OF ARENA

or

SETTING THE STAGE
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

Moonloop

Quote from: mdread666 on Wed, 2005-02-23, 15:22:08

OK, to kick off...........................

CHOSEN - THE BEST OF ARENA

Good one. Like it  ;D

"Setting The Stage" would be good for a live album.
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

jeffMc

Constable Hogweed

Decadent - the first 10 years of Arena

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Simtere

Oh lord, I'm sticking neck out here for the sake of a cheap laugh, but what the hell - we're all friends here after all (are n't we?):

If we take the cynical view that 'Best Of....' albums are a means of cashing in (and I'm not saying that really is the case), how about 'Immoral'    :)

Sorry ... could not resist it.  I'll come up with a serious suggestion as soon as the drugs kick in  ;D

Simtere

Then there is always the obscure tital possibility - "12:50"   

which time wise is the same as ten to one;

and we have Ten years condensed into One album

(just trying to think outside the box ..... well trying to think at any rate)

DocSnyder

Quote from: Simtere on Wed, 2005-02-23, 22:40:32
Then there is always the obscure tital possibility - "12:50"

No, that would be interpreted as a rip-off of Pain Of Salvation's 12:5.

Constable Hogweed

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-02-23, 19:09:52
That's real Threshold like ;)

Damn i thought that sounded familiar.  :-[
Oh well back to the drawing board

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Mark Jan

Inside the Arena - the best of Arena

But I like Hogweed's one!

Im here to stay...

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

An old 'Nam expression for somebody who was on the edge of death was "He's circling the plughole"...

MMmmmmm......Vortex....?

I can hear Clive's reaction already....!
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Appelmoes??

Oh, offcourse! You're pulled under in a Vortex of overwhelming good music.

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

HeJePi

Title 'Arena: Ten' ... 1 song from each of the following album:

01 - Songs from the Lion Cage,
02 - Pride,
03 - The Cry,
04 - Welcome to the Stage,
05 - The Visitor,
06 - Immortal ?
07 - Breakfast in Biarritz,
08 - Contagion,
09 - Live and Life,
10 - Pepper's Ghost

(so 10 songs from Ten albums ;))

... and a special box package containing the re-edition of the 4 fan clubs CD ! ;D
'... And if it's hope that dies last, Why do all us hopeless still live.' eVeron - Flesh.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: HeJePi on Sat, 2005-02-26, 16:45:08
... and a special box package containing the re-edition of the 4 fan clubs CD ! ;D
Yeay!!!

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

And another vote for this ...!

Xanxtuary

How about "Cages and Stages", a double-album package?

"Cages" would contain a selection of tracks from the studio albums, as previously suggested, and "Stages" would feature some outstanding live performances.

I also think the idea would translate well onto DVD format, since the live part would benefit from being visual as well.  I always prefer live gigs to be on DVD, because I like to see the band in action, getting sweaty and interacting with the fans.
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

HeJePi

We must find something that will be of interest for people who do not know Arena at the first place. Honestly I do not think that a 'Best of Studio' CD + 'Best of Live' DVD is a good solution ... when you try out a new band, you do not want to 'invest' too much money, correct ?
'... And if it's hope that dies last, Why do all us hopeless still live.' eVeron - Flesh.

Peter

\o/    me tooo!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

mdread666

Quote from: HeJePi on Sun, 2005-02-27, 03:38:19
We must find something that will be of interest for people who do not know Arena at the first place. Honestly I do not think that a 'Best of Studio' CD + 'Best of Live' DVD is a good solution ... when you try out a new band, you do not want to 'invest' too much money, correct ?

That's why I think an initial single disc with straight album copies should be released at a 'cheap' price to attract people to buy, with an accompanying disc sold through the Cage online fan club store with unreleased live versions, re-done vocal versions and a cover version or two, to make it an attractive package for us fans who already have the studio versions. The single disc version could be sold in a 2CD case with 'cardboard cut-out' disc 2 insert advertising the online fan club. That way, not only do you attarct people to invest a few quid to try out a 'new' band but if they like what they hear (and let's face, it they will!!) then you'll also encourage them to check out the free fan club web site, part with a bit more money to complete the package, and get more people directly involved with Arena, like us lot here!

Not only that, it will make for a nice 2CD package that all of us will want!

(What are your thoughts Clive?)
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

HeJePi

Quote from: mdread666 on Mon, 2005-02-28, 17:06:53
That's why I think an initial single disc with straight album copies should be released at a 'cheap' price to attract people to buy, with an accompanying disc sold through the Cage online fan club store with unreleased live versions, re-done vocal versions and a cover version or two, to make it an attractive package for us fans who already have the studio versions.

A 'cheap' best of CD is OK, But if you want cheap stuff you need to manufacture it in China or maybe Singapore so the cost of production will be as cheap as possible !

I never liked the 'fan club CD approach', especially in this case ... music, to my understanding, must be made available to a maximum of people ... at a reasonable price and not 'force' people to purchase from a unique source ! A 'unique' source is always bad for marketing !

I already requested 'The cage' if I can purchase the fan club CD only, not with the paper 'newsletter' that honestly I do not have the time (or the will) to read, the answer was a flat NO ! For the fan club (and the artist), it is a flat lost of revenue.

I do not think it is fair to sell fan clubs CD this way ! I am always willing to support the artists for their work ... but nobody will ever force me to purchase something that I do not want ;)