News:

contact: webmaster [at] shattered [dash] room [dot] net
write me a message if you can't log in, need to recover your account, or register a new account; also if the email address you used here might now be invalid!

Main Menu

"Good morning!"

Started by Steve Jones, Fri, 2009-04-10, 08:28:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Jones

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-04-15, 13:01:18
Did you also hear the rumors that Transatlantic are actually recording a new album right now? :o

Yes.  Started by a chance sighting of Mr Stolt at a US airport, I believe.
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2009-04-15, 12:59:19
How does Liquid Tension/Trio Experiment sit with your Cannuckophobia?

Actually, I have Cannuckophilia.  LaBrie is an outlier.  The mighty Devin Townsend (DT, except you'd all assume I meant those clods from Long Island) is Canadian.  As are Neil Young (great), The Band (great) with the exception of Levon Helm (still great but from Arkansas), Sarah McLachlan (talented and quite fetching), and Rush (erratic, but generally well respected).
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2009-04-15, 13:03:48
Yes.  Started by a chance sighting of Mr Stolt at a US airport, I believe.

And Pete Trewavas didn't fly back to England with the rest of Marillion after the convention in Montreal, but flew to Nashville (where Neal Morse lives) instead.
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-04-15, 13:08:02
The mighty Devin Townsend (DT, except you'd all assume I meant those clods from Long Island) is Canadian.  As are Neil Young (great), The Band (great) with the exception of Levon Helm (still great but from Arkansas), Sarah McLachlan (talented and quite fetching), and Rush (erratic, but generally well respected).

Max Webster, Kim Mitchell, Pat Travers... *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

That would be the worst thing that can happen this year.  :-\

A Transatlantic reunion!  :o  :-X

























;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2009-04-15, 12:50:46
Actually, I'm reliably informed* that the Dalai Lama said "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"


* By the first Transatlantic album, no less


So it was the Dalai Lama who said: "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?".
Inspector Morse who said: "...".
And Neal Morse who said that the Dalai Lama said "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?".

Was Neal Morse an inspector?

PH

<If> Transatlantic makes new album <then> all is good.

Steve Jones

I'm sure I speak on behalf of the Dalai Lama when I say "good morning" people *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

A good morning to you!

Steve Jones

Greetings, people! 06:47am, misty, wet and miserable again :(
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

Bonjour mon amies. ( if that's correct  :-[ ;D).



Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Bupie

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-04-17, 15:17:57
Bonjour mon amies. ( if that's correct  :-[ ;D).

Hey, you wake up pretty late  ;)

It's mes amies (but then you are adressing only to women) or mon ami (but then you are adressing only to one person) or mes amis if you want to adress to everyone, boy or girl.

PH

That's why I errrm "dislike" the French language! ;D

But you have some pretty fine cheeses there.

Draco chimera

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2009-04-17, 16:41:51
That's why I errrm "dislike" the French language! ;D

But you have some pretty fine cheeses there.
My god, this is probably the wost cliché you could find. ;D
Imagine I tell you the english ALWAYS drink tea at 16:00. :D
Let your conscience decide !

Steve Jones

Quote from: Draco chimera on Fri, 2009-04-17, 17:34:37
Imagine I tell you the english ALWAYS drink tea at 16:00. :D

We do! ;D

And at 16:30 my other half (a Scot) kneels down on her tartan mat, faces in the direction of The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond and consumes the ritual deep-fried Mars bar. ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Quote from: Draco chimera on Fri, 2009-04-17, 17:34:37
My god, this is probably the wost cliché you could find. ;D


is that a challenge?  ;D

Steve Jones

Good morning.  Nice weather this morning, if I may trot out another old cliché ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Morning Steve.

It's sunny here to which means the fencing can be finished today.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sat, 2009-04-18, 08:57:39
It's sunny here to which means the fencing can be finished today.

En garde(n)! ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

Good mor... eh...

Oh sh*t.  :-\  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Don't worry about it.
It's always morning somewhere!

PH

Good mooooooooooooooooooooooooooorning!!! ;D