News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Cats

Started by Simtere, Tue, 2005-02-22, 12:25:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Simtere

In the Discworld novel Sourcery, Terry Pratchett came up with the following dialog:

"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."

Fans of Arena will know that Clive is a cat person, and in my experience cat people are nice people (not that I am against dog owners you understand).  My question is who here is a Cat person and who is a dog person - and what are yours called?

Over the last 20 years I have had the pleasure of being owned by the following felines:

Grendel
Garfield
Denzil
Spitfire
Molly
Buster
Shadow
Hermione
Harry
Schummi

(Only the last two are still with us - Shadow and Hermione missing in action :(   )

Moonloop

We have 3:

Aynsley (all black)
Chloe (black & white)
McKenzie (a Bengal)

RIP goes to:

Sophie (tabby)
Delaney (all black)

and "Sourcery" is indeed a great book. ("Guards, Guards" is probably my favourite though).
;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

pijawkah

cat  (black&white)
name: Puszek  ;D

Appelmoes??

Since I'm very allergic to cats (And I do mean VERY, 5 minuten and I start to sneeze, sniffle etc.) I never had one. Buts that's ok, I'm more a dog person. Problem is... I'm allergic to them to... In fact, I'm allergic to all animals with fur :'(
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Schummi....?  ??? :'( ???

Simtere....please don't lets fall out over the red team...

Yours, in Silver Arrows bliss...  ;)

Gelert

(You have a "Get Out Of Gaol Free" card, insofaras my second cat was called Grendel...BEFORE I inherited him...RIP, many moons since...)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Simtere

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2005-02-22, 20:47:08
Schummi....?  ??? :'( ???

Simtere....please don't lets fall out over the red team...

Yours, in Silver Arrows bliss...  ;)

Gelert

(You have a "Get Out Of Gaol Free" card, insofaras my second cat was called Grendel...BEFORE I inherited him...RIP, many moons since...)

Would it help if I pretended to be a Williams (or Toyota) fan ?

Simtere

Anyone who has read my other posts will know that I'm scared of my wife, so on her insistance, and referring to the original point of this thread her previous owners are as follows:

Mopsie
Fluffy
Oliver
Isiah
Issac
Garfield
Sasha
Boots

All gone (or given away) but not forgotten. 

Hope this gets me off the hook ;)

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Constable Hogweed

I like cats.......and dogs, and birds, and elephants, and snails, and amazonian tree frogs, and......Xanxtuary will explain.  ;)
I like cats for the regal air and independence they have about them, and dogs for the faithfulness.

POM

Definitively CATS!  ;)

We've got Manu since october 2002, can't imagine home without him, he's so cute, nice, very curious, friendly with every one,...  :-*
As we're living in a flat, we can only have one cat, but as soon as we'll have a house, we'll have a second one!  ;D

Moonloop

Quote from: Simtere on Tue, 2005-02-22, 23:42:39
Anyone who has read my other posts will know that I'm scared of my wife,

Don't stand for it mate, show her who's the boss >:(

Anyway...gotta go now (ahem), ironing and cleaning to do after I've run my wife's bath for her and made her a cup of tea  ::)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Wed, 2005-02-23, 03:24:13
I like cats.......and dogs, and birds, and elephants, and snails, and amazonian tree frogs, and......Xanxtuary will explain.  ;)
I like cats for the regal air and independence they have about them, and dogs for the faithfulness.

Kind of a long-running joke type thing which we have going ... I can't even remember how it started, but the first two in the list were cats and dogs, then I kept adding extra animals, all of which poor bewilderweed Hoggie has to remember, and if he gets them wrong or misses any out ... he has to write the list down lots of times to aid his memory!  ;)  In the list are also giant tortoises, field mice, giraffes, horses, penguins, vampire bats, cricket bats, flying squirrels, chickens and duck-billed platypii

He has also put most of the animals on his scrolling marquee screensaver!
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Torch

Gizmo, Figaro and Floyd............

creme anglais

Gosh I love dogs..... but the kind of life I lead lends me more to cats.... cats are superior and independent beings... in the last 20 yrs I have been owned by...
Fugazi (flea-bag)
snafu
chippy (still sorely missed and cried over...)
Gabriel
mosfet
Benny Fishcake (cut off in the prime of life and dearly missed and grieved over)
Oliver Twist
Timmy tippy toes (now living with ex-husband)
Ollie-wollie-fat-bum (aka Oliver Twist) is the only feline that still alows me (and others) to share his space.... he loves me, but will happily chew the arm off anyone else!!!

Diablos_Bassist

my rats Pete and Jeff don't get on with those little fluffy aminals they freeze and quiver a littler when there in the room... bad  :(

:-[
why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly...

kmorse

you've not had a pet till you've had a California Desert Tortoise. Kind of difficult to acquire outside of the states, but if you reside in their native area, they can live outside, require no housing beyond a hole in the ground or a gap in the woodpile and can live off the land for most of the summer. Plant 'em a few wildflowers and they're happy as can be. They don't bark, they don't shed and they don't hump your leg. They sleep from Halloween to sometime in March, too, which gives you a nice break.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

Peter

Quote from: kmorse on Mon, 2005-07-04, 16:27:32
you've not had a pet till you've had a California Desert Tortoise. Kind of difficult to acquire outside of the states, but if you reside in their native area, they can live outside, require no housing beyond a hole in the ground or a gap in the woodpile and can live off the land for most of the summer. Plant 'em a few wildflowers and they're happy as can be. They don't bark, they don't shed and they don't hump your leg. They sleep from Halloween to sometime in March, too, which gives you a nice break.

ROFL :D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

gelert

I owned a pet worm once...
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

kmorse

I keep pet worms in my compost heap. Tortoises are a bit more advanced - and entertaining.

Diablos_Bassist

they sound great but maybe alittle slow.  ;D

kmorse

Quote from: Diablos_Bassist on Tue, 2005-07-05, 07:13:18

That's the beauty of them: Watching them helps one get "centered."

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Diablos_Bassist on Tue, 2005-07-05, 07:13:18

They'd be great for chilling out, though.  You could sit there and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them... and watch them...

..... You'd fall asleep in the end! ;D

I bet you didn't read all those 'and watch them...' bits.  Which, proves my point... you would fall asleep in the end! ;D
Or am I just getting boring...? :-[
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Diablos_Bassist

What do you think would happen if you gave them speed?
???

gelert

Quote from: Diablos_Bassist on Tue, 2005-07-05, 18:15:56
What do you think would happen if you gave them speed?
???

They'd get hairy...

Remember the fable of the tortoise and the hair...?

That's why cats are faster than an average bald tortoise.