News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Board Open

Started by Peter, Thu, 2005-01-13, 23:10:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Hi everybody,

I've been carrying around the thought of starting this site for quite a long time now. I was always a bit dissatisfied with the mailing list, because it's so uncomfortable to read; sometimes a post someone has done come in later than the answers to it, and so on.
Then, there must be more than only the handful of Arena fans chatting on the list, and I'd really like to get them all and many more in here to make this a lively community for Arena fans (and more).

If you read this and think 'hey, there's only one person registered, why should I?' then just go, take a heart and register, it' free and it has to start somewhere.

I'm always open to suggestions, please PM me or write me an email at peter at the-ricochet.net .

Please participate and spread the word, too! Have fun!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Draddi

Hi Peter,

cool idea, opening a forum on prog metal !
Count me in !
I hope you'll have lots of participants and good luck to you !
:)

Peter

Quote from: Draddi on Fri, 2005-01-14, 00:02:09
Hi Peter,

cool idea, opening a forum on prog metal !
Count me in !
I hope you'll have lots of participants and good luck to you !
:)
Thanx very much, Draddi. And welcome aboard for the first user on the forum (except for myself). You will receive eternal fame for that Smile
And as I said, please spread the word!

GeoffD

Hi,
the forum looks a bit deserted, right? Might be a good idea to have an Arena forum, haven't seen one before.

But you will need to do a lot of advertising to get people in here.

Peter

Quote from: GeoffD on Sat, 2005-01-15, 13:52:24
Hi,
the forum looks a bit deserted, right? Might be a good idea to have an Arena forum, haven't seen one before.

If you want to say that we don't have many members, let me tell you that this forum is only 3 days old (young!) now.

But you will need to do a lot of advertising to get people in here.
We need people like you, mate. As I said before, please spread the word, invite your friends.

Draddi

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2005-01-15, 14:01:38
We need people like you, mate. As I said before, please spread the word, invite your friends.

I'll try to do that ...

Gollum

Hi everybody
Congratulations, Peter, great job! And thumbs up to Verglass Newsletter too, for leading me here... Surely I'm not the only one to heed that call  ;)
I hope to help in keeping this alive, and the spanish forum too, as soon as someone else speaking my language registers.

See you around...

PS: My english is as bad/good as it is... please be indulgent, I do what I can  ;D
(By the way, the buttons GIFs are not showing... maybe they're not supposed to do so yet?)
La vergüenza de haber sido y el dolor de ya no ser

Peter

Quote from: Gollum on Tue, 2005-01-25, 00:14:42
Hi everybody
Congratulations, Peter, great job! And thumbs up to Verglass Newsletter too, for leading me here... Surely I'm not the only one to heed that call  ;)
I hope to help in keeping this alive, and the spanish forum too, as soon as someone else speaking my language registers.
See you around...

Welcome Aboard! :)
PS: My english is as bad/good as it is... please be indulgent, I do what I can  ;D
(By the way, the buttons GIFs are not showing... maybe they're not supposed to do so yet?)

Buttons should be fixed now.

Moonloop

Hi all,

This seems to be quite an interesting forum which I too was pointed to by the Verglas e-letter. Hope to visit as often as possible.

Andy
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

CygnusX1

Hi, yup this certainly looks good. There was an Arena forum up briefly around the time Contagion was released which then disappeared without a trace.  Nice to have one back anyway. :)

gelert

Confused Of Bicester writes:

"Wot's all this 'bout a Verglass e-newsletter then, eh...?"
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Peter

Take a look at this page, you can submit your email address and you will always be informed about vital Verglas happenings.

gelert

No longer confused of Bicester writes:

Thanks Peter, job done...

"No one told me that we have a communication problem..."
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Xanxtuary

Just wanted to congratulate Peter and his team (assuming he has a team) on an excellent job done in setting up these hallowed fora!  I love message boards and enjoy posting and reading other people's posts.

Already spotted a friend (Creme Anglais) from the Pendragon site, and I did receive the Verglas newsletter but my fiance (the grinfamous Hogweed) was the first out of us two to join up, so he's had a headstart on spreading our particular brand of mayhem on these boards!
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Peter

Thanx a lot for the compliments, everybody :) Hope you enjoy your stay. I'm very proud to contribute this place to the community.
I'm doing this all by myself, btw. Over time and in the growth of this forum, there will surely be members who will join the Moderators team.

PH

Quote from: Peter on Thu, 2005-01-13, 23:10:59
Hi everybody,

I've been carrying around the thought of starting this site for quite a long time now. I was always a bit dissatisfied with the mailing list, because it's so uncomfortable to read; sometimes a post someone has done come in later than the answers to it, and so on.
Then, there must be more than only the handful of Arena fans chatting on the list, and I'd really like to get them all and many more in here to make this a lively community for Arena fans (and more).

If you read this and think 'hey, there's only one person registered, why should I?' then just go, take a heart and register, it' free and it has to start somewhere.

I'm always open to suggestions, please PM me or write me an email at peter at the-ricochet.net .

Please participate and spread the word, too! Have fun!

Funny to read this now.

And this too:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

;D

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-10-06, 15:12:49
Funny to read this now.

And this too:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

;D

-Paco

Indeed quite funny.  :D
You probably found the very first post on this lovely forum.  *horns*

Well done.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.