News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Hidria Spacefolk

Started by PH, Mon, 2007-09-03, 10:29:31

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

I see it as my duty to tell you all about my musical discoveries, because why would I keep the brilliant music for myself? ;D

Hidria Spacefolk is an amazing musical journey.
I haven't heard anything like it before, but my dad says it sounds a bit like Pink Floyd. I can imagine that since I thought Porcupine Tree is the closest to this.
It's very Psychedelic or Spacey if you will. With all sorts of interesting sounds.

They are a Finnish band who play instrumental music. The music progresses into bombastic layers of guitars, keyboard soundscapes and programmed sounds.
It sounds VERY refreshening and it's overall just amazing music. The music is very dynamic, with nice changes and... ahh well, I dunno, you should listen for yourself.

I'm talking about the album "Symetria" by the way, haven't heard any other albums.

http://www.hidriaspacefolk.st/
http://www.myspace.com/hidriaspacefolk

For me this is my greatest musical discovery of 2007. I think this is the best album I've heard this year.

bluepony

Ok, thanks! Will check it out a.s.a.p.  8)

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2007-09-03, 10:29:31
... it sounds a bit like Pink Floyd

Hey, Paco, you really know how to hook us oldies.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check'm out, Finnish or not.

I just don't like your (and other's) use of the word "bombastic". To me, it has a negative ring.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Thanks for the tip, PH, Seeker Of New Prog.  Like it.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bluepony

Nice... but could use a bit more 'rock'... (just my opinion - after all, I'm a 'rock chick'  ;D )
Interesting sounds, though, and some very nice melodies! I guess this
Jamming, playing live, smoking, recording tracks with digital 8-tracker... those were the days...
explains a lot!  ;D ;D

PH

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2007-09-03, 15:46:51Nice... but could use a bit more 'rock'... (just my opinion - after all, I'm a 'rock chick'  ;D )

Well, since there are no songs from their latest album available I can see where you're coming from. But the latest album "Symetria" is a real rocker, I promise you!

bluepony

Hmmm... I think I shall put my local record shop to the test - can they get 'Symetria' for me?!  ;D

PH

On their myspace you can listen to 3 songs from Symetria: Symetria, 322 and Radien.
Those are rockier than the other songs available on their website.
http://www.myspace.com/hidriaspacefolk

By the way you can download the first EP and the first LP for free on their website!
HDRSF-1 (EP): http://www.hidriaspacefolk.st/index.php?id=30
Symbiosis (LP): http://www.hidriaspacefolk.st/index.php?id=31

bluepony

Well... I guess I could if my computer had the latest player... but since it's a WORK and not a fun computer, it hasn't...  :(

bluepony

Let me correct myself - don't know why it works now, but suddenly I can listen to their music!

Better... but still not 'rock' enough!  ;)

Peter

Listened to all the samples on the myspace site, really liked the music. Won't buy it though... no singer, that's a knockout for me.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

bluepony

After listening to the sound samples a bit more I couldn't help feeling I've heard that stuff before... somewhere... couldn't really remember... but a sudden inspiration tells me that there was a movie I quite liked ("Serendipity") in which John Corbett plays this musician and I think he and his band do just the same as these guys! Hidria Spacefolk didn't do the soundtrack of the movie by any chance?!  ;)

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2007-09-05, 09:45:54
Listened to all the samples on the myspace site, really liked the music. Won't buy it though... no singer, that's a knockout for me.

You can always write some lyrics that goes with the song and sing for yourself.  :D

Nicky007

Good one, Maddox: "Kewl, kewl, babby; yeah, kewl, kewl, babby!"

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-09-05, 15:30:53
Good one, Maddox: "Kewl, kewl, babby; yeah, kewl, kewl, babby!"

Nicky.

"Kewl, kewl, babby; yeah, kewl, kewl, babby, oooohhhhh fnarr ffnar!"

*ola*

:P

bluepony

You guys forgot "ack" and "gnarf"!  ;D

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2007-09-05, 15:34:04
You guys forgot "ack" and "gnarf"!  ;D

"Kewl, kewl, babby; yeah, kewl, kewl, babby, ack, gnarf, kewl kewl, oooohhhhh fnarr ffnar! Have pun."

:D

We're on to something.  *horns*

bluepony