News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ray Wilson + side projects

Started by PH, Mon, 2006-07-31, 22:19:46

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

RAY WILSON!!!
Is a nice guy!
I met him in Gerolstein when I was on holiday, he's such a nice chap, really down to earth.

When I heard Calling All Stations I thought that Ray was an ass, a newcomer, a parasite who wanted fame. But the music was OK of course, but very not-Genesis.

In Gerolstein I thought let's give him a chance and oooooooooooo I was so wrong about this guy! He's a great entertainer, very humouristic. It's good to hear his side of the story and now I have sympathy for the man. What else can I do than encourage everybody to give this man a chance, go to a live concert, buy some of his stuff.

If you already did what I told you, here's a cookie.
*throws cookie*

Now let's get talking about this man who is very underrated and got kicked by so many Genesis-fans for not being Phil or Peter...

Peter

LOL, I will surely check this guy out, you seem to be highly impressed... :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Butterfly Man

I recently bought his 'Change' album which is, although a bit poppy, very good! Does anyone have a recommendation of which album to buy next?

Tom (phew, it's been a while since I posted here ;))
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Hi Tom, good to see you again! ;)

After buying Change, buying his second album The Next Best Thing would make sense.

But when you think it's to poppy, or you just want something heavier I suggest you'd buy Stiltskin's newest release called "She".
For more information I'll give you this link: www.raywilson.co.uk

maddox

To be honoust, i'm not really fond of his voice, but Stiltskin were alright. Inside was a marvelous song. The parts he did with the last Genesis-album wasn't my cup of tea either but after that he did some guest vocals on the RPWL-album World Through My Eyes, on the track Roses, which is one hell of a song.

Don't have anything else of him. Don't know yet if i want too.  :-\ I don't see him as a typical prog-singer. I think that that's the problem with me.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Well yes indeed. Don't expect some prog there. ;)

The Butterfly Man

Let's bump this topic! ;) I listened to 'She' today and I like it very much. What a great voice this guy has!

Tom

PH

"She" is an amazing album! There are only a few weak songs I think. "Sick And Tired" for example, which has some rap in it... >:(

But "Fly High", "Taking Time" and the very poppy song "Lemon Yellow Sun" are brilliant songs!

Appelmoes??

Rap... >:(

Sort of like football...

Football... >:(
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Nicky007

Hey, you guys better be careful. Even though one of the stupidest things one can do is sit and stare at a dumbass football match with all the IQ-10 humanoids scrambling over each other, we have some roomies here who take it seriously, and we're not about to insult them, are we?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Roomies... >:(

Sort of like Nicky...

Nicky... >:(

;)

Nah, to generalize is such a fantastic thing. :P

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2007-08-25, 11:04:45
Hey, you guys better be careful. Even though one of the stupidest things one can do is sit and stare at a dumbass football match with all the IQ-10 humanoids scrambling over each other, we have some roomies here who take it seriously, and we're not about to insult them, are we?

Nicky.

Go Feyenoord!!!!!! ;D

Proglady

I like Ray Wilson's music very much and it's no prog! Stiltskin also is no prog, it is Rock / Grunge. And PH is absolutly right, I saw him Live last year and it was marvellous.

PH

Quote from: Proglady on Sat, 2007-08-25, 19:17:59

What the...

Anyway, I saw Ray Wilson live in Germany a year ago, it was amazing.
They played a whole lot of Genesis (especially from the album Trick Of The Tail since it's Ray's favourite).

Proglady

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2007-08-25, 19:36:46
What the...

That was for the Song "Fame" from the "She" Album, the bass player sliped into the rhole of Maria. It was really funny.  :D

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

JJ II

What's John "Wendy" Jowitt doing there?

???

PH

With a high pitched voice too?
I really like that bassplayer. He has a strange look in the eyes, it's quite fascinating actually.

johninblack

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2007-08-27, 20:03:00
I really like that bassplayer. He has a strange look in the eyes

Ah, yes. A lot of us Bass players get that, it's years of being accused of being a frustrated lead guitarist that does it. Still, We're better of than drummers...........