News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Redemption

Started by Nicky007, Wed, 2007-05-16, 19:33:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

I think that Redemption is such an exciting group that they merit having their own topic here. This article from DPRP (the Dutch Progressive Rock Page) is a good starting point:

http://www.dprp.net/specials/2007_redemption/

I actually found DPRP, and then this page, by reading one of Peter's posts, so thanks a lot, Peter (and this new topic is your fault).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Peter

Hmmmm..... listened to the myspace tracks.... was not impressed somehow...  :-[
Gives me the same feeling like Threshold, f.e., which means that the musicianship is surely top notch, but the diversity in the music is missing... can't help it.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Nicky007

Yes, Peter, I've heard that often before. Therefore I always tell people that there are three requirements for learning to appreciate Redemption:

1) You have to be serious about music. (Everyone in TSR is.)
2) You have to like heavy prog  (which I have the impression that you don't (yet)).
3) You have to be very patient. (Most people need at least ten gos at Redemption before they get gripped. But then there's no escape.)

If you are (or anybody else is) interested in the religious themes dealt with in The Fullness Of Time (the second R-album), then I've tried to give an impression in my Amazon review (the fourth from the top):

http://www.amazon.com/Fullness-Time-Redemption/dp/B0009ML21A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5053418-7029519?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1179397953&sr=8-1

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Yep, like Redemption very much. I still frequently listen to TFOT and especially Sapphire is awesome. Always been a sucker for epics.  :D
Discovered them because Ray Alder (vocalist of Fates Warning) which i also like.

Fans of the harder prog-kind would enjoy this but indeed if you don't like the heavy prog than this will be a useless band to try out.

But like Nicky said, give it a try. You might as well like it.  *horns*

Or not. Either way is good.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Hey, was anyone here at Headway this Easter (2007)? Would be interesting to know.

I was there. Redemption played prime time. Blowout concert, raised the roof (particularly Sapphire, Maddox). Ray has a lot of expression on stage.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-05-17, 15:08:42
Hey, was anyone here at Headway this Easter (2007)? Would be interesting to know.

I was there. Redemption played prime time. Blowout concert, raised the roof (particularly Sapphire, Maddox). Ray has a lot of expression on stage.

Nicky.

*horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

Okay, I finally bought this album yesterday. Prior to buying it I only heard the first track (already a couple of onths ago), which I liked right from the start. When I saw it there lying in the shop I couldn't resist it so I ended up buying it, based only on the one track that I heard. Quite a gambe you would say...

But I just listened to the whole album with headphones after I got back from the Irish pub ;D, and man, it rocks!!! I just thought I'd share that with you guys!

Cheers, Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...