News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Playing Thread

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-01-14, 14:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

NP: Dream Theater - Another Day (2007 remix) from the newly released 'Greatest Hit (and 21 other pretty cool songs)'

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-03-30, 13:47:06

That I know is not the case. They quit that after too many burials  :'(

Okay, that i didn't know.  :-\
Just read it. That's extreme in any way.

NP> Tool - 10.000 Days  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Arena - Pride

9. Sirens  *horns*
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Appelmoes??

Savatage - You're Alive *horns*
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

The Watch - Vacuum
05. Out Of The Land

Yeah, what can I say... I love this.
It's like Genesis didn't stop writing prog. ;)
Some say that it's plagiarism, but I think it's just very good retro prog, 70's style.

By the way, today I also listened to Glass Hammer and I totally need to update my shopping list! :o :o :o :o :o :o

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2008-03-30, 22:56:52
The Watch - Vacuum

Good isn't it?  ;)

QuoteBy the way, today I also listened to Glass Hammer and I totally need to update my shopping list! :o :o :o :o :o :o

-Paco

Good isn't it?  ;D

NP> nothing.

I'm going to bed.  :D

PH

Maddox, I already knew about The Watch for a year or maybe even two (probably just a year and a half...), but everytime I listen to it, it amazes me how good it is. It's as if Peter Gabriel joined the band again and started writing in the old way!
Brilliant I tell you.

And I'm really glad that Glass Hammer has found it's way to my ears. It's gonna be one of my favourite bands, I can say that for sure.
It sounds like a happier version of Arena. (I mean, listen to the first song on Lex Rex! Amazing!)

I'm going to listen to it again! And then I need to find a job to gather as much money as possible to buy a couple of albums again!

-Paco

Deenfan

Chris Rea - The road to hell
Avantasia - The scarecrow
Jon English - English history I & II
Helloween - Gambling with the devil
Chris Rea - Chris Rea

PH

I'm listening to Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) with their 2006 album "Dracula: Opera Rock (Original Cast Recording)".
Disc 1
8. Il Mio Nome È Dracula

Wow! VERY impressive! Totally in Italian, so I don't know a word of what's being said (I mean sung), but it's professionally done. It's probably better this way, I'd rather not imagine how it would sound in English...
A very big recommendation here!!! Four thumbs up (halluces included).

*Edits shopping list*
-Paco

Teunis

Rocket Scientists - Revolution Road
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

NP  SyX:  V

A real stuck-on album  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Neal Morse - One
1. The Creation

To be more specific: The Creation - Part 3: Where Are You?.

I ripped my Neal Morse albums and splitted the MP3s, that way I can easily find a part when playing them on my MP3 player!
Which especially comes in handy with Sola Scriptura... ::)

Anyway, The Creation, awesome song!
When Neal sings "Why... Why are you hiding...?", it is very very emotional to me.

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-03-31, 22:59:53
Neal Morse - One
1. The Creation

To be more specific: The Creation - Part 3: Where Are You?.

I ripped my Neal Morse albums and splitted the MP3s, that way I can easily find a part when playing them on my MP3 player!
Which especially comes in handy with Sola Scriptura... ::)

When Neal sings "Why... Why are you hiding...?", it is very very emotional to me.

-Paco

Agree. One of the best songs he made since he went solo.  8)
Awesome album too by the way.  *horns*

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-03-31, 22:59:53
I have the same with Cradle to the Grave :'(

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Guys, one of the great things about the world of prog is that, yeah, it's full of surprises - depending of course on how open-minded you are. Isnt that so ?

I had two big surprises lately:

I read about Metallica's latest album St. Anger on Amazon.com, and I was struck by the great confusion there was among the fans. That's always a good signal for me to check it out.

So I acquired (read: purchased  8) ) the cd, and man, have these guys taken the rock community aback. They could have rested on their laurels after having sold over 100 cd's, but no, they wanted to be part of the game again, and that I would say they are bigtime with St. Anger. In fact I would go so far as say that they have once again created a new genre.

So what does St. Anger remind me of: well, a chunk of Linkin Park, some real heavy riffin ala late DT, a bass off-key, combined with James' terrifying anger. A novelty is that Lars eventually got real angry too. Great  *horns*   He's completely upfront with his drums, banging as hell.

Dont expect to relax and groove; these guys are keepin you on the roast for the whole duration of the album  *horns*

The other surprise is Bob Catley's Spirit Of Man. At first it sounded to me like several other albums I'v heard: rather formulaic heavy melodic rock. But down the road you realise that the guy has real passion in his singing - a bit like I experienced with Robbie Williams. Particularly the song Last Snows Of Winter gets under your skin, a real stuck-on song: It's about his beloved, who suddenly is ripped out of life. Man, you feel the loss, anger, and passion  *horns*

Ok guys, now you tell me about one of your recent surprises. I think that'l make us all feel a bit better (re all the recent "How do you feel right now?" jive)  ;)

NP  Metallica:  Some Kind Of Monster  (on St.Anger)   *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

My most recent surprise is that someone who can find a good thing about St.Anger and attribute musical prowess to modern Metallica, can also hear that Bob Catley sings with great passion.

With 6,5 billion people on the planet, I guess that had to happen sooner or later... ;)

Nicky007

;D ;D ;D  Deenie-boy !

I take it that you like Bob's singing a lot  *horns*

Well, you know, Deenie ......

:D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

I love Bob Catley's voice on both N&W releases.

maddox

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2008-04-01, 13:46:29
My most recent surprise is that someone who can find a good thing about St.Anger and attribute musical prowess to modern Metallica, can also hear that Bob Catley sings with great passion.

With 6,5 billion people on the planet, I guess that had to happen sooner or later... ;)

;D ;D ;D

Good one.  ;)

@ Nicky: i do agree with you on the St. Anger album. It's a big step forward (read: back) to their roots, the way they should sound but i still have troubles with James' voice since the Black Album.
St. Anger has pretty decent songs on it and it rocks quite hard, sometimes a bit too hard but overall it's not a classic.

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-04-01, 14:35:00
I love Bob Catley's voice on both N&W releases.

... dito - and on the Magnum albums, of course ... as well as on the latest Avantasia and Ayreon albums ... but I have to check out his solo work yet!

bluepony

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2008-04-01, 16:43:05
@ Nicky: i do agree with you on the St. Anger album. It's a big step forward (read: back) to their roots, the way they should sound but i still have troubles with James' voice since the Black Album.
Funny... I had problems with James' voice before the Black Album...  ;)

maddox

Sylvan - Posthumous Silence

Man, this is soo good.  :o

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2008-04-01, 20:15:36
... dito - and on the Magnum albums, of course ... as well as on the latest Avantasia and Ayreon albums ... but I have to check out his solo work yet!

I was just bored to death by Magnum's Breath Of Life - it was more like a gasp for life. No proper melody, no nothin  :'(

I sincerely hope that Princess Alice is much better.

I like Spirit Of Man a lot, although it's not prog.

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2008-04-01, 16:43:05
St. Anger has pretty decent songs on it and it rocks quite hard, sometimes a bit too hard but overall it's not a classic.

Comin to think of it, St.Anger is a very American album, and as I have a big American vein, I really enjoy it lots  :)

NP  St.Anger   *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can