News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Stream of Passion

Started by Appelmoes??, Sun, 2005-10-23, 11:48:44

Previous topic - Next topic

sotonrobin

Quote from: Highfire on Mon, 2005-11-14, 13:13:40
Marcela wrote the lyrics and I guess that also most of the vocal melodies, and she has done a great job. I can ensure you that Nostalgia (the song completely written in spanish) has a precious lyrics. Is much more difficult to write in spanish than in english, IMO.

Especially as she is Mexican.

If anyone hasn't heard Marcela's band Elfonia then they should give them a try.
Elfonia has just released their second Album "The Sonic Landscape" with a guest appearence by Arjen.

The first cd "Elfonia" is all in spanish.
Because he was human
Because he had goodness
Because he was moral
They called him insane

Valacar

Well, I bought the album with no great expectations, somehow. This is good, because otherwise, it would probably have been a disappointment for me.

The Pros:
- perfect production and sound
- Marcela is a great singer
- nice atmosphere (when it comes in doses)
- spanish vocals are cool on that one

The Cons:
- songs are mostly "nice average", only two or three that really stick out a bit
- too few variation of sound, mood, rhythms and melodies - it's all too similar
- that, for me concludes that I go to sleep, considering the whole length of the album

So, after all, I don't dig it too much, but it's quite nice once in a while. Yet, as far as "Goth-Prog-Rock" is concerned, you should try out the new release of The Final Season - Contrasts. Small band from Germany, comparable to SOP, female singer, very good sound (though not as perfect as SOP) and much more "vivid" and variable than SOP.

Danke.
"Slaying the dragon with my mighty Sword of Justice while drowning in the blood of my enemies and drinking huge amounts of beer!"

PH

Quote from: Valacar on Tue, 2005-12-13, 21:41:13
The Pros:

Quote from: Valacar on Tue, 2005-12-13, 21:41:13The Cons:

How do you explain that?

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2005-12-13, 22:09:30
How do you explain that?

Maybe like "The power of the perfect production and sound is also its weakness"

Just guessing...

MAD.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

Quote from: Valacar on Tue, 2005-12-13, 21:41:13
Yet, as far as "Goth-Prog-Rock" is concerned, you should try out the new release of The Final Season - Contrasts. Small band from Germany, comparable to SOP, female singer, very good sound (though not as perfect as SOP) and much more "vivid" and variable than SOP.

Music-wise they sound promising, although pretty much demo-like. The singer is ... embarassing.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Wiebe

Hey appelmoes,
Yep, I have the dual disc of Stream of Passion as well. I love it (both sides of the disc) and listen to it nearly every day.
It helped me through a difficult month last year. Feeling down, but regaining strenght by listening to the great musicianship of the bandmembers! Each and every one of them are doing a hell of a job on this cd.
I have more music from Arjen Lucassen (the founding member of SOP) like Aeyron, Ambeon and Star One.
Would be great to see the band playing live in the Netherlands this year. Do you know where they play?
Anyway: as I'm Dutch you can also reply in het Nederlands on the Dutch section.

Groet, talk to you later,
Wiebe

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Wiebe on Wed, 2006-01-04, 14:42:45
Do you know where they play?
Anyway: as I'm Dutch you can also reply in het Nederlands on the Dutch section.
On their site is a complete list of gigs. I'm probably going to the Rijssen gig with a couple of friends :)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2006-01-04, 16:45:51
On their site is a complete list of gigs. I'm probably going to the Rijssen gig with a couple of friends :)
I probably wont be one of them...
Sometime around that date I will become a homeowner officially and receive the keys to my new appartment :)
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Wed, 2006-01-04, 17:50:08
I probably wont be one of them...
Sometime around that date I will become a homeowner officially and receive the keys to my new appartment :)
Yaaaaay!!! *ola*

My drawings on MySpace

POM

Yeaaaaaaaaah I like it!

Just like Appelmoes, not so "wow" at the first listening, but now I'm very close to this effect...  ;D

I've got my tickets for the gig at the 66 in Verviers....  *ola*

Peter

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to the gig on the 02. of February in Aschaffenburg :D

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2006-01-23, 20:57:39
Yeah, I'm also looking forward to the gig on the 02. of February in Aschaffenburg :D
I'll have to wait untill the 17th :'(

My drawings on MySpace

JJ II

I saw them in Amstelveen on Thrusday....
I liked it a lot, much better than the CD, which I thought was a bit too much of the gathering.
The keyboardplayer didn't really shine on the Ayreon stuff, obviously because the synths were lacking (mainly piano instead), but the SoP-stuff was good.
Ad an extra Damian Wilson joined on some stuff (I think you can guess which tracks) and to be honest: tahtw as thé highlight of the evening.
I liked his support slot a lot as well.... shivers!

POM

I'v seen them too, and it's better in live.

Marcella's voice is incredible, her young sister was on the backing vocals.

The first part of the gig was Damian Wilson too, and as it was their last gig, they were making jokes and having so much fun on stage  :D :D

Peter

Heck, yeah, Stream of Passion was great, live. I loved it. Hope, they'll be back soon for more :)

Appelmoes??

They're doing a little summer tour. For dates and places check the site!

I think I will attend the Hardenberg show *horns*

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2006-04-24, 11:53:07
I think I will attend the Hardenberg show *horns*
I'm sure you will 'cause I just bought your ticket  ;D
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Appelmoes??

Are you mad because you don't like it, or because it took you 11 clicks 'till you figured it out? :P ;)

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

never mind, just playing bad guy

Cyborg-Frask

To get back on topic.... :P

I also want to go... problem is the time... I can't go on the 7th of juli, 6 juli seems to be more likely
I have to get up early the next morning tho :-\

Next problem: My dad really doesn't look forward to drive me and pick me up at thursday night.
So if i go it would be on the 6th by train... i'm not sure...

PH

Hmm... yes, problems.
Oh well, there's plenty of more live concerts to come.
Not? Oh... well, shit.

Cyborg-Frask

QuoteOh well, there's plenty of more live concerts to come.
Not? Oh... well, shit.
Hehe :) but you have a point

Arjen says on his site that he doesn't really like touring. (except for the part that he is on stage)

http://www.ayreon.com/news/news.php?news_id=193&project_id=1 (really fun to read  :D)

So... you never know how many more life concerts there are going to be...hopefully plenty  *horns*
(and really hopefully they will be near my house :P )