News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Sieges Even - The art of navigating by the stars

Started by TomSawYa, Tue, 2005-10-11, 16:24:05

Previous topic - Next topic

TomSawYa

Throwing in discussion this latest release of the german prog act (with dutch singer now). If you don´t know them at all, you may just listen to "the weight", second track of the album on their website www.siegeseven.com/music.htm first.

If you do know them from their earlier work you may listen as well to it, because changes in singing and style after eight years of break since the last album has opened up their music to a new audience IMO and might be something for ARENA fans as well.

A good review can be found here:
http://www.prog-nose.org/engels/albums_2005/sieges_even_art_of_navigating.htm

edit   
Changes aren´t permanent - but change is !

Peter

hmmmm, sounds good, mate...
where's the keyboard....?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

TomSawYa

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2005-10-11, 16:59:49
hmmmm, sounds good, mate...
where's the keyboard....?

oh my god, they forgot to record...  ;D

Actually I´m a great fan of keyboardsounds (my first instrument at the age of 11 was a bontempi child´s organ I played keys by numbers.. :D) but I´m not missing out on them here. The lasting bass notes and the guitar playing lots of figures weave a net of sound that builds the most beautiful landscape for Arno Menses´voice to shine on. Wonderful, once in your ear you won´t get it out again...
Changes aren´t permanent - but change is !