News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena merchandise.

Started by Painted Fan, Mon, 2006-05-29, 17:41:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Painted Fan

Hi all  :)

First i would like to thank Arena for the great performance at Loppen (Christiania Copenhagen) *horns*
- A very smal place, but daaamned it was cozy. It reminded me of and old English tavern, that were invaded by 5 house rocking crusaders, called Arena...or something ;)

Then i have a question for Clive or Mick.
What about printing some cool Arena posters/t shirts?
Offcourse you don´t want to print alot and then not beeing able to sell it, but what if we could make
an poll about, to see how interested people are(atleast here at "the shattered room")?
This is my first post and i havent yet figured out how to make a poll...

If the interrest in my idea is big enough, then we could make another poll on what specific motives would be avalible.

I myself would wery much like both posters and t shirts(2-3 excamples of each, since they dont last forever and would be worn all the time :))

My wishlist of both t shirts and posters would be:

1) Contagion(album cover)
2) Immortal(album cover)
3) The Visitor(album cover)
4) the Butterfly Man(The picture where he stands with a bowler hat)
5) Arena screensaver(Moth to the flame)

My idea could be kind of what Marillion did with Marbles(preordering)
or we could maybe call it "pay before printing"

What do you think?

PH

Quote from: Painted Fan on Mon, 2006-05-29, 17:41:03Hi all  :)

Hi Painted Fan, nice to have you here!
I hope you'll feel welcome.

I also would like posters! They already do T-shirts, right?
Posters would be very awesome!!

Painted Fan

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2006-05-29, 17:51:14
Hi Painted Fan, nice to have you here!
I hope you'll feel welcome.

I also would like posters! They already do T-shirts, right?
Posters would be very awesome!!

Thank´s PH :)...about time i joined the forum. I have been peeking for a while.
I Bought the Peppers Ghost tour t shirt in Copenhagen, but do you guy´s know if and where i can bye other Arena tshirts?

maddox

Howdy, Painted Fan.  8) Welcome to the Arena.  *horns*

Enjoy your stay and most of all, play it loud!!! *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Painted Fan

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-05-29, 22:08:48
Howdy, Painted Fan.  8) Welcome to the Arena.  *horns*

Enjoy your stay and most of all, play it loud!!! *horns*

Hi maddox :)
Thank´s my fellow disciple.  :D
I allready play i loud...more than my neighbours like ;D

PH

LOL :D

Indeed, I saw some people wearing a nice Pepper's Ghost T-shirt. But I'm sure the band had Contagion T-shirts 2-3 years ago. But it's no Contagion tour anymore eh? But yeah, I'd like to buy a Contagion T-shirt also.

So Clive if you're reading this: MAKE T-SHIRTS, hehehehehe.

Painted Fan

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-05-30, 07:08:52
LOL :D

Indeed, I saw some people wearing a nice Pepper's Ghost T-shirt. But I'm sure the band had Contagion T-shirts 2-3 years ago. But it's no Contagion tour anymore eh? But yeah, I'd like to buy a Contagion T-shirt also.

So Clive if you're reading this: MAKE T-SHIRTS, hehehehehe.

Wow! i just imagined your yellow Arena sign(little picture to the left)
- as an tshirt. :) That would be cool to have a yellow/orange tshirt!

Or what about one with all 5 members on the front and on the back should say:
"What do you mean goblins and elfs are not real?? Are you nuts? tsk tsk  ::)

Appelmoes??

And some XL and XXL please, I can only wear those L shirts in a gaybar :o
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Had this discussion before, look here

maddox

Quote from: Painted Fan on Mon, 2006-05-29, 23:24:30
Hi maddox :)
Thank´s my fellow disciple.  :D
I allready play i loud...more than my neighbours like ;D

:D

Question: Do we have the same neighbours?  ;)

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Painted Fan

Quote from: johninblack on Tue, 2006-05-30, 16:18:20
Had this discussion before, look here

Oops! Missed that :-\

I think the idea with the tshirts, also could give some more attention to Arena and then more people would bye arena´s music/go the concerts and then in the end raise the chance of more albums, better quality in live DVD´s/CD´s, touring in not before visited places(further more attention) etc...I dont know if Arena are poor and barely get it to go around, but more money in the pocket probably wouldn´t hurt.

Also, if it only would be possible by preordering, there would be no tshirts that wouldnt be sold...then if the demands are increased, its just a matter of getting the "master shirts" and do it the same way again.

If Arena don´t want to spend time with making tshirts/poaters etc, another way to do it, could be if some album covers/logo´s/etc, was made available for downloading in high resolution, so those who are interested can go and make some at our own.

Painted Fan

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2006-05-30, 18:47:35
:D

Question: Do we have the same neighbours?  ;)

Probably the same kind of neighbours...you know, those who don´t know what good music is, but in the end will find themselves lying on the floor with the butt in the air, praising the Arena´s *horns*

PH

Quote from: Painted Fan on Tue, 2006-05-30, 20:02:35
Probably the same kind of neighbours...you know, those who don´t know what good music is, but in the end will find themselves lying on the floor with the butt in the air, praising the Arena´s *horns*

Not to disturb your party, but I won't like it either when my neighbours play their music loud. Even when I think it's good music.
On the rest I agree (about the butts and so on).

Also, my picture on the left is indeed a good idea to print on a T-shirt. But then the T-shirt should be all yellow and all 'pictured' not just a part.
OK, that sounded weird...

I made a picture on how I want my T-shirt, and how I don't want it.
Sorry that sounds very demanding... Not meant like that.

I know it's gonna cost a lot more, but I'm willing to pay more (double the prize, it's ok).

Painted Fan

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-05-30, 22:05:54
Not to disturb your party, but I won't like it either when my neighbours play their music loud. Even when I think it's good music.

Also, my picture on the left is indeed a good idea to print on a T-shirt. But then the T-shirt should be all yellow and all 'pictured' not just a part.

I know it's gonna cost a lot more, but I'm willing to pay more (double the prize, it's ok).

Regarding me and my neighbours, it´s not a problem anymore, since i have blown there ears off long time ago ;D...just kiddin. Thou i sometimes like music loud, my neighbours and i get along just fine and here in the housing asociation where we live, we got a rule that says we may not play loud after 11, and people respect that...besides we have agreed to let each other know, if the music is too loud and desturbing and so far they havent asked me to turn it down.

I really like your idea with the all yellow tshirt(and other matching colours for other motives as well)
I think an all yellow or orange Contagion tshirt, would be really really beautiful.
- Btw, how did you make the image? Photoshop or something?

You believe it´s gonna cost a lot more to make tshirts that way. I don´t think it would , if it´s possible to get hold of tshirts that matches the motives. If we can´t get the excact coulour, maybe it´s possible to tone the motives a little bit up or down, so it would match?

I would - if  necessary - also be willing to pay more than double price, to get some cool tshirts(and posters)

PH

Quote from: Painted Fan on Tue, 2006-05-30, 23:36:44
Regarding me and my neighbours, it´s not a problem anymore, since i have blown there ears off long time ago ;D...just kiddin. Thou i sometimes like music loud, my neighbours and i get along just fine and here in the housing asociation where we live, we got a rule that says we may not play loud after 11, and people respect that...besides we have agreed to let each other know, if the music is too loud and desturbing and so far they havent asked me to turn it down.

I really like your idea with the all yellow tshirt(and other matching colours for other motives as well)
I think an all yellow or orange Contagion tshirt, would be really really beautiful.
- Btw, how did you make the image? Photoshop or something?

You believe it´s gonna cost a lot more to make tshirts that way. I don´t think it would , if it´s possible to get hold of tshirts that matches the motives. If we can´t get the excact coulour, maybe it´s possible to tone the motives a little bit up or down, so it would match?

I would - if  necessary - also be willing to pay more than double price, to get some cool tshirts(and posters)

I hope you don't mean anything like this (see attachment).
Oh by the way, I did that in paint. ::)

A Contagion T-shirt like the right one in my picture below is gonna cost definately more than a normal one, but you also have a backside, and that one must be filled too (in my opinion). But I know, Arena aren't T-shirt producers, they're music producers.

Maybe we should contact David Wyatt, maybe he's interested in becoming a fashion designer.

Painted Fan

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-05-31, 08:12:04
I hope you don't mean anything like this (see attachment).
Oh by the way, I did that in paint. ::)

A Contagion T-shirt like the right one in my picture below is gonna cost definately more than a normal one, but you also have a backside, and that one must be filled too (in my opinion). But I know, Arena aren't T-shirt producers, they're music producers.

Maybe we should contact David Wyatt, maybe he's interested in becoming a fashion designer.

I mean´t everything i wrote. What´s wrong with it??
- I don´t live in an English speaking country, i live in Denmark. Thou i understand most English, i often find it difficult to write in English. So please bear with me if the grammar/spelling sometimes sounds weird or is wrong :)
(will get me an Danish/English dictionary asap! ;))

If more/enough people than you an i also would be willing to pay more than a normal tshirt cost, that wouldn´t be a problem(a poll or at least more reaction from other forum members/the band, could easily determine that)

- Yes i also would like something on the backside(mayby a part of some of the lyric´s...maybe the logo and a bit of some of the lyric´s.

I really don´t get your point on "Arena aren´t tshirt producers" and "maybe we should contact David Wayatt. If the interest and the mony would be there, it´s "just" a matter of choosing the motives and letting a firm print them.

We are not talking about building a rocket, but just getting some tshirts done. If it turns out that only a few people are interested and the band really arent into the idea of the fans running around in Arena tshirts, then "i rest my case" No big deal.

So please go easy on me with your insults. I don´t see any problem in asking other fans if they also would like some tshirts and try to look at alternative ways to produce some.

1) I suggested we descussed it (some of us do)
2) I sugessted we made a poll about it, BEFORE further steps would be taken(don´t know how or where   
to start a poll, another member could do it)
3) I suggested the sell could be by preordering.
4) I then suggested - if none of the above had any interest - that some high res images/logo´s, could be available for downloading(free or charge), so we could get some tshirts/posters done by ourselves. 

Im 34 years old, so its not like im a groopie running around covered from top to toe in band merchandise or something...actually i only got one music/band tshirt, the Peppers Ghost anniversary tour tshirt. But we ARE talking about the greatest band in the world, aren´t we?. We ARE talking about earth walking god´s, aren´t we? ;)

PH

Quote from: Painted Fan on Wed, 2006-05-31, 10:15:45
I mean´t everything i wrote. What´s wrong with it??
- I don´t live in an English speaking country, i live in Denmark. Thou i understand most English, i often find it difficult to write in English. So please bear with me if the grammar/spelling sometimes sounds weird or is wrong :)
(will get me an Danish/English dictionary asap! ;))

If more/enough people than you an i also would be willing to pay more than a normal tshirt cost, that wouldn´t be a problem(a poll or at least more reaction from other forum members/the band, could easily determine that)

- Yes i also would like something on the backside(mayby a part of some of the lyric´s...maybe the logo and a bit of some of the lyric´s.

I really don´t get your point on "Arena aren´t tshirt producers" and "maybe we should contact David Wayatt. If the interest and the mony would be there, it´s "just" a matter of choosing the motives and letting a firm print them.

We are not talking about building a rocket, but just getting some tshirts done. If it turns out that only a few people are interested and the band really arent into the idea of the fans running around in Arena tshirts, then "i rest my case" No big deal.

So please go easy on me with your insults. I don´t see any problem in asking other fans if they also would like some tshirts and try to look at alternative ways to produce some.

1) I suggested we descussed it (some of us do)
2) I sugessted we made a poll about it, BEFORE further steps would be taken(don´t know how or where   
to start a poll, another member could do it)
3) I suggested the sell could be by preordering.
4) I then suggested - if none of the above had any interest - that some high res images/logo´s, could be available for downloading(free or charge), so we could get some tshirts/posters done by ourselves. 

Im 34 years old, so its not like im a groopie running around covered from top to toe in band merchandise or something...actually i only got one music/band tshirt, the Peppers Ghost anniversary tour tshirt. But we ARE talking about the greatest band in the world, aren´t we?. We ARE talking about earth walking god´s, aren´t we? ;)

I'm sorry if I sounded cruel to you, it was not meant to insult you.
I suffer the not-native-english-speaking-syndrome too. I'm Dutch you know. ;)

Actually, my point of view is exactly the same as yours for as far as I can see. But the point I'm 'nagging' about is wether the shirt is totally pictured or just a part of it (see my T-shirt pictures in my previous posts).

QuoteIm 34 years old, so its not like im a groopie running around covered from top to toe in band merchandise or something...actually i only got one music/band tshirt, the Peppers Ghost anniversary tour tshirt. But we ARE talking about the greatest band in the world, aren´t we?. We ARE talking about earth walking god´s, aren´t we? ;)
Well, I'm 18 years old, and I'm also not a groopie running arount covered from top to toe in band merchandise... but indeed, Arena is a great band and we want to spread the word! T-SHIRTS NEEDED!! ;D

Painted Fan

Okay...don´t know how to say it in English, but "good word again"(directly translated from Danish) :) Know what im saying? Arena, love and understanding ;D
As i wrote earlier, i also like your idea of a totally pictured tshirt and i did see youre excamples. Thou i also think that more regular tshirt prints can be cool, if the coulor of the tshirt and the motives are right.

If we get some tshirts, super nice. If not, then its als...NO IT WOULD TOTALLY SUCK, MORE THAN ANYTHING HAVE EVER SUCKED BECORE!! ;D

PH

Quote from: Painted Fan on Wed, 2006-05-31, 21:02:19
Okay...don´t know how to say it in English, but "good word again"(directly translated from Danish) :) Know what im saying? Arena, love and understanding ;D
As i wrote earlier, i also like your idea of a totally pictured tshirt and i did see youre excamples. Thou i also think that more regular tshirt prints can be cool, if the coulor of the tshirt and the motives are right.

If we get some tshirts, super nice. If not, then its als...NO IT WOULD TOTALLY SUCK, MORE THAN ANYTHING HAVE EVER SUCKED BECORE!! ;D

Hehehehee LOL! ;D

We really dominate this thread eh?
We are the rulers of this thread!! Muhahahaha!

Ahem, well, yes...
No actually.

Sorry, gotta go again.

*hides*

Painted Fan

Yes, i think your right. What do you say we un-dominate the threat and look for other interesting topics?

Tshirts R.I.P :( Bu huuuuuu :'()

Cyborg-Frask

QuoteTshirts R.I.P  :( Bu huuuuuu  :'(

please don't cry...you make a sad  ;)  :P

To be honest i think that this T-Shirt thing is a great idea....But really differcult to really make it happen
It's not like: "o what will I do today...hmm i'm going to make a T-shirt that everyone can buy"

But as you said Painted Fan... building a rocket is a bigger problem  :P

debsss

Quote from: Painted Fan on Mon, 2006-05-29, 17:41:03
Hi all  :)

Hey painted fan, welcome here!!!
Wishing you a lot of fun here  ;)

Painted Fan

Quote: But as you said Painted Fan... building a rocket is a bigger problem

I am seriously beginning to doubt that ;)

Cyborg-Frask, how did you make that really cool Arena picture?
- It could also look nice on a tshirt :)

Painted Fan

Quote from: debsss on Thu, 2006-06-01, 22:28:23
Hey painted fan, welcome here!!!
Wishing you a lot of fun here  ;)

Hi debbs. Thank´s alot :)

Tristelune

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-05-30, 22:05:54

Hehe that's funny! I would gladly buy the first one (the one you don't like) but never the other one!!

By the way, I still have my old Visitor T-shirt (really, really used!!) so those exist. I also saw a Pride T-shirt many years ago. I guess they printed t-shirts for each album.

P