News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pepper's Ghost Comic Book?

Started by The Fury, Sun, 2006-06-18, 20:38:46

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fury

Maybe this was discussed somewhere else in this forum, but I didn't see it, so I'll put it here.
Around the time PG was released the band made mention of a possible Knights of the London Fog comic book-release. There was even some talk about it maybe being available at the time the tour would start. As I loved the little book that came with the CD, this idea appealed to me greatly. Sadly, I did not hear about it anymore since that time. Any news on this?
Why do you laugh at my hopeless appeal for your mercy?

Peter

Yes, that was a great idea, and I'd also love to see it come to life - and would most surely pay almost any price for it ;D (*hint, hint*) Here's the original thread about it.

If I remember correctly the book wasn't made in the end due to financial problems. It would have simply been too expensive. Clive, correct me if I'm wrong.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Clive

That's correct.... I really wish we could have done it. I've had many ideas for some great stories...;)
Sadly, this is an expense that we can't commit ourselves to. Especially because we have to consider the next album.
So if there are any budding publishers or Entrepreneurs out there... let me know.....;)

kmorse

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2006-06-19, 12:43:48
That's correct.... I really wish we could have done it. I've had many ideas for some great stories...;)
Sadly, this is an expense that we can't commit ourselves to. Especially because we have to consider the next album.
So if there are any budding publishers or Entrepreneurs out there... let me know.....;)

Ah, the next album ... now THAT's something I'm looking forward to.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

PH

Quote from: kmorse on Mon, 2006-06-19, 17:01:39
Ah, the next album ... now THAT's something I'm looking forward to.

Well, I don't want to ruin the party for you guys, but don't expect to much of the next Arena album... Clive sent me a videomessage of himself in which he says the following:
"Hi, Clive here. I almost forgot to tell you that the Contagion The Max project is cancelled. Better yet, I've started writing some popsongs. The next album will be called "Love" and some singles will follow quickly. I hope you proggers don't mind!"
Source: http://ecard.veepers.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=Ii5i7RZ.2HgNTpd1DPZ02a
In an email to me (it will be on The Cage website soon (I think somewhere next week)) he said he wanted to make some more commercial poprock songs. He even mentioned a videoclip with scarcely dressed dancing girls!

Sad news guys... :( I think the Arena we knew is over now... :'(

But it might turn out the good way of course, maybe he's just teasing us.

Peter

LOL.

You should become a (science) ficition author, or the like...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Clive

wow... what a lot of effort to go to...;)

Ah well... at least that throws poeple off the scent of our new Country and Western album 'Tonight Joleen'...

But don't panic you prog fans out there... this is an odd number album.. that means concept..;)

jeffMc

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2006-06-19, 20:29:46

Ah well... at least that throws poeple off the scent of our new Country and Western album 'Tonight Joleen'...

I have to remember not to be drinking coffee when reading... I just coated my monitor with spewed coffee while reading Clive's C+W comment. ;)

kmorse

Prog-country. If anyone can pull it off, it's Arena.

kmorse

I would like to hear Arena cover some Spice Girls tunes, or maybe The Cheeky Girls' "Touch my Bum"

maddox

Quote from: kmorse on Mon, 2006-06-19, 22:44:12
...The Cheeky Girls' "Touch my Bum"

The Cheeky Girls would be nice.  ;D

Or Britney's 'Oops, I Did It Again'.  ::) :P
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

kmorse

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-06-19, 22:45:53

That could be the subtitle for "Contagion Max"

PH

Herben

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-06-19, 22:45:53
The Cheeky Girls would be nice.  ;D

Arena with Britney instead of Rob, oor maybe they can do a duet on the new western concept prog album, what a mixture will this be!
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land