News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Iron Maiden

Started by funkster, Tue, 2006-08-15, 09:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

I would hope that there are a few Maiden fans on here or some people who wish to check out the greatest British metal band of all time .

Well if you checkout their website http://www.ironmaiden.com/homepage.php?section=0&subsection=0 you can not just se the video for the Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg but you can also listen to 2 new songs from their spanking new opus A matter of life and death.

Enjoy

Up the Irons

willowroolz

Going to see them in December, should be amusing  ;D

funkster

Quote from: willowroolz on Tue, 2006-08-15, 10:23:11
Going to see them in December, should be amusing  ;D

Alas i did not get tickets but i have since them 3 times over the last 20 years and enjoyed the gigs a heck of a lot.

The new album sounds good so the gig should be ace

willowroolz

Last time I saw them was on the Seventh Son tour. They had a band called The Killer Dwarves supporting them - funniest thing I've ever seen  :D

funkster

Different

I saw Samson in 86 , Wolfsbane in 90 and Rob Halford in 2000 supporting them.

Wolfsbane were f####n brilliant - howling mad s##'theads indeed  *horns*

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2006-08-15, 09:46:14
I would hope that there are a few Maiden fans on here or some people who wish to check out the greatest British metal band of all time .

Mhaw, can't say that i'm a fan. Saw them 8 times, own almost everything of them, including all the 12 inch/maxi singles, going to see them the 27th november, but a fan? No, not really.  8)  ;D

QuoteWell if you checkout their website http://www.ironmaiden.com/homepage.php?section=0&subsection=0 you can not just se the video for the Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg but you can also listen to 2 new songs from their spanking new opus A matter of life and death.

Enjoy

Up the Irons

Thanx for the link funkster. Going to check it out right away.  8)

Oh, ehm...Up the irons you too.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2006-08-15, 16:26:15Mhaw, can't say that i'm a fan. Saw them 8 times, own almost everything of them, including all the 12 inch/maxi singles, going to see them the 27th november, but a fan? No, not really.  8)  ;D

Ehmm... I could be wrong here, but... you saw them 8 times? You own almost everything INCLUDING singles?? And you say you're not a fan?
I think you must be. Why else would you want all their stuff then?

::)

;D

Seriously now, I'm NOT a fan. I don't like the normal metal bands. Prog-Metal ala Dream Theater OK, but everything else is to "just metal".
Why am I posting here? ;)

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-08-15, 20:41:23
Ehmm... I could be wrong here, but... you saw them 8 times? You own almost everything INCLUDING singles?? And you say you're not a fan?
I think you must be. Why else would you want all their stuff then?

::)

;D

Mind you that Iron Maiden was one of the main reasons i stepped into the metal world in the first place, call it my roots if you will. I heard them for the first time back in 1983 with "The Number Of The Beast' and, yes indeed, been a fan of them ever since. The only time i didn't liked them very much was when that thing called 'Virtual X' was released. Yep, with Blaze Baley. In my humble opinion, the worst album ever made of maiden.

And my first reply was ehm...well...a joke.  :-\ ;D  *horns*

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2006-08-15, 20:44:59And my first reply was ehm...well...a joke.  :-\ ;D  *horns*

I KNEW it... :-\

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-08-15, 21:24:29
I KNEW it... :-\

I knew you knew.   ::) ;D

*reminds me of a song i once heard.  *horns*

PH

She knows you know?

I HAVE to listen to that one again. I just know it will grab me by the throat sometime somewhere in the future.

willowroolz

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2006-08-15, 11:43:55
Wolfsbane were f####n brilliant - howling mad s##'theads indeed  *horns*
Kathy Wilson roolz, er, rules  *horns* ;D

Altogether...

Maaaanhunt, maaaanhunt, manhunt, manhunt, manhunt, manhunt  *horns* :D ;)

CygnusX1

Never been to one of their gigs, but planning to see them with a few friends in Glasgow in December. 8) *horns*

ironcow2103

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-08-15, 20:41:23Seriously now, I'm NOT a fan. I don't like the normal metal bands. Prog-Metal ala Dream Theater OK, but everything else is to "just metal".

Maiden are now being regarded (in some quarters) as Progressive Metal (indeed they use this term in the Dance of Death programme). My interest in them faded with Fear of the Dark but was rekindled by Brave New World and Dance of Death. From a progressive point of view some of the material on these last studio two albums would likely be well up your street Peter (Ghost of the Navigator, Brave New World, Dance of Death, Paschendale etc) if you like DT (as I do - anyhow they covered Number of the Beast when I saw them!!)

Steve

funkster

Quote from: willowroolz on Wed, 2006-08-16, 09:48:11
Kathy Wilson roolz, er, rules  *horns* ;D

Altogether...

Maaaanhunt, maaaanhunt, manhunt, manhunt, manhunt, manhunt  *horns* :D ;)

Have you seen the price of a copy of kathy wilson now !!!!!!! Wished i had kept my copy

I still adore Down fall the good guys - f####n brilliant album  *horns*

willowroolz

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2006-08-17, 23:02:42
Have you seen the price of a copy of kathy wilson now !!!!!!! Wished i had kept my copy
No idea, how much? I've still got mine, thank gawd  :)

willowroolz

OMG! The new Maiden album rocks!!  *horns*

JJ II

And how progressive is it?
I loved some of the stuff on their last albums, especially the more epic things....

maddox

Quote from: JJ II on Sun, 2006-09-03, 16:17:15
And how progressive is it?
I loved some of the stuff on their last albums, especially the more epic things....

It's a great album indeed. Not their best but quite enjoyable. It's a bit progressive, in fact to me it begins where Brave New World ended but don't compare it to the real prog-bands. They lack certain skills to do that, in my opinion. Iron Maiden is and will ever be a Heavy Metal band and the progressive stuff is but a ingredient to spice it all up. Which sometimes doesn't work (read "Dance Of Death"  :-\)

If you like epical stuff than you should listen to The Legacy. This song really  *horns*.

willowroolz

Totally agree Mad. To me it's no more or less progressive than, say, Powerslave, with tracks like Rime of the Ancient Mariner etc. Really it's the same old Maiden, just on better form than they've been in for a while. I think the strain does show in Bruce's voice though, he doesn't have the vocal range anymore  :-\