News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

ICON II - Rubicon

Started by Teunis, Tue, 2006-11-14, 19:51:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Got a John Wetton newsletter today. Some interesting news:

"The second studio CD from Wetton/Downes Icon is now with us.  Icon II is now available in Europe and Japan, with US release schedule for 20 November. The album marks an enormous progression from the first Icon release and, while the music retains the classic Wetton/Downes hallmarks, many fresh ideas and new sounds and influences can be heard as we join John, Geoff and band on the journey across the Rubicon.

The instrumentation on these songs take the Icon sound beyond the rock mainstream – in particular Hugh (ELO) McDowell's cello lends some rich textures to the overall sound. Although Hugh featured on both Rock of Faith and Icon 1, his role this time around is more central and, together with the usual stellar contributions from John Mitchell (guitar) and Steve Christey (drums), helps give Icon a unique sound which is certainly neither "solo" John Wetton, nor Asia. With Rubicon, Icon has definitely created a sound and a group identity which can truly be called its own."

For more info and soundbytes: see http://www.johnwetton.co.uk/

I have ICON 1 and though it's a good album, it's not heavy enough for me. This one seems to be somewhat heavier, so I'll give it a try. What do you think?
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Peter

Nice :) Until now I only know "Rock of Faith"... we'll see!
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

Shame the clips are only 30 seconds, but it sounds good to me.

bellanova

Get this album. It is fab! Ive always been a John wetton fan but together with Geoff Downes and the incomparable John Mitchell and Steve Christy, i believe this is his best work for years. His voice is incredible and ive seen and heard him many times and got most of his stuff from his days with King Crimson, UK, Asia etc not to mention his solo stuff. It rocks! *horns*