News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pink Floyd

Started by keyboardistmatt, Sun, 2014-07-06, 15:05:21

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboardistmatt

News has been filtering through that Pink Floyd are working on a new record to be released this fall.  David Gilmour's wife Polly Samson tweeted some details yesterday lunchtime calling it "Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful".
Further details were released by touring vocalist Durga McBroom Hudson along with a photo of the recording session on her Facebook page.

The album is called 'The Endless River' and is scheduled for release in October.

An official announcement is set for Monday July 7th.
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

maddox

Read about it yesterday, was pleasantly surprised though I suspected it was just a false rumour.
But today the rumors are getting stronger and stronger.
Though I must add that a Pink Floyd album without Richard Wright is no Pink Floyd album at all, but as it seems most of the songs are written before Wright passed away.
Maybe he also sang a few parts, would be awesome!

I'd say, bring it on!!!!
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

I also read this and I am very curious. But I also heard that this started as a Gilmour solo album and that it got the Floyd name in a later stadium.

But to be honest, his latest solo album (2006) was very much like a Floyd album.

I'm looking forward to this!

keyboardistmatt

This is very exciting! I'm looking forward to the official announcement tomorrow.  8)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt