News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Summer's End - your help needed!

Started by jaguar, Fri, 2005-09-09, 09:55:24

Previous topic - Next topic

jaguar

Hi folks! The Summer's End Festival is only a week away and we're keen to get a last minute surge in the ticket sales to ensure we can continue to promote prog events like this. Advertising the event nationally has proved too expensive; it's not a mainstream genre, so it's almost impossible to recover these sort of costs. So ...

On the welcome page of our site, www.summersend.co.uk , is a link to posters ("We need your help!"). Please, if you are able, download one and print out one or two copies for your office, canteen, local shops, car windows or anywhere else you can think of!

Even if you can't make the event yourself, you can still help make the festival a regular event. I hope we'll see a few of you there and thanks for reading thus far! BIG THANKS if you can help!!!  ;D
Huw
Also Eden / Summer's End Festival 05

gelert

Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

jaguar

Good and bad ...

Musically, the day was brilliant. My band (Also Eden) had a great time and the audience were very responsive to our material. Tr3nity followed and were excellent. Galahad headlined the afternoon session and were ab fab - as usual!

Steve Thorne opened the evening session and went down a storm. The Pineapple Thief had major personal troubles and still managed to deliver an very passionate and intense set (I really enjoyed 'em).

Magenta headlined and were extraordinarily good. Musically tight, superb performance - couldn't fault them.

Only downer was ticket sales. We (unfortunately) competed with IQ and Andy Edwards' UK debut gig and suffered as a result. We had a full (ish) house for the whole of the day but another 50 ticket sales would have assured the festival for 06. We'll have to see ...

Cheers, Huw

Saryna

Glad about the music.  Sorry about the ticket sales.  It's always a drag when your placed in competition with so many other things going on the same night.  Happens all the time.  Pineapple Thief....I believe they are coming to Rosfest next year.  Not sure though.  Hope they get things sorted out by then.  Hope their problems weren't too serious, like an accident in the family or something.

Anyways, kudos to you for putting on the fest.  I know what it's like to put on different events and fests and it's amazing when you finally get through it.;)  And in your case, you played in a band as well.  Double stress!  Glad it was good for the most part though.