News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Aschaffenburg setlist .....

Started by kabi225, Fri, 2008-04-11, 14:25:33

Previous topic - Next topic

kabi225

.... was exactly the same as in Ittervoort .....

Aschaffenburg, Colos-Saal 10/04/08

Intro: William Tell Overture
Welcome to the Cage
Crack in the Ice
Double Vision
Midas Vision
This Way Madness Lies
On the Edge of Despair
Witch Hunt
Skin Game
City of Lanterns
Riding the Tide
Tears in the Rain
Hanging Tree
(Don't Forget to) Breathe
Chosen
Bedlam Fayre
Smoke and Mirrors
Moviedrome
------
Friday's Dream
Solomon
Crying for Help VII

Great sound, great show, nuff said....

Kabi225

Peter

Yeah, it was an amazing show.

As I not tire of saying though, the Colos-Saal sound was far too loud and blurred to me... again. Loud ≠ Good!!! If from now on there's a choice between ColosSaal and Z7 (which is further away for me), I will go to the Z7.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Proglady

Quote from: kabi225 on Fri, 2008-04-11, 14:25:33
.... was exactly the same as in Ittervoort .....

Aschaffenburg, Colos-Saal 10/04/08

Intro: William Tell Overture
Welcome to the Cage
Crack in the Ice
Double Vision
Midas Vision
This Way Madness Lies
On the Edge of Despair
Witch Hunt
Skin Game
City of Lanterns
Riding the Tide
Tears in the Rain
Hanging Tree
(Don't Forget to) Breathe
Chosen
Bedlam Fayre
Smoke and Mirrors
Moviedrome
------
Friday's Dream
Solomon
Crying for Help VII

Great sound, great show, nuff said....

Kabi225

:o They played Moviedrome and I wasn't there  :'(

bluepony

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2008-04-12, 11:43:54
Yeah, it was an amazing show.
You can say that again! I must have fallen into some kind of musical trance for as long as they played, because it was over way too soon. :( Truly amazing!

Quote from: Peter on Sat, 2008-04-12, 11:43:54
As I not tire of saying though, the Colos-Saal sound was far too loud and blurred to me... again. Loud ≠ Good!!! If from now on there's a choice between ColosSaal and Z7 (which is further away for me), I will go to the Z7.
You should get yourself some good quality earplugs, Peter, then you can stand next to the big loudspeakers and still get the most clear and brilliant sound - minus the "too loud" bit, but plus the added bonus of actually feeling Ian's bass and Mick's drums (and thus being able to reply to anyone who says "Mick's not a good drummer" with a heartfeld "Oh no, you're completely wrong - let me assure you, his drumming kicks ass!" ;) ).

Which reminds me...

Sie mag Musik nur, wenn sie laut ist... *horns*   ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Sat, 2008-04-12, 17:26:11
You should get yourself some good quality earplugs, Peter, ....

Using earplugs is like using cond*s (in a different situation btw)  >:(

Quote from: bluepony on Sat, 2008-04-12, 17:26:11
Sie mag Musik nur, wenn sie laut ist... *horns*   ;D

Yeah, Bluey, rock is about being fully present, not thinking about a lot of other stuff  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2008-04-12, 18:21:38
Using earplugs is like using cond*s (in a different situation btw)  >:(

I disagree, Nicky.  ;)

I personally have professional earplugs (for work) and even during concerts they work very fine.
The sound is even better with it than without.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bluepony

Using earplugs is like using cond*s
I love your comparisons, Nicky...! ;)

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2008-04-12, 21:33:07
I disagree, Nicky.  ;)

I personally have professional earplugs (for work) and even during concerts they work very fine.
The sound is even better with it than without.  8)

Sorry, Nicky, but I have to disagree with you - Mad is absolutely right! If you go to a lot of concerts, earplugs are indispensable or you'll end up with an incurable tinnitus or even deaf... (Trust me - I know what I'm talking about!)

Moreover, good (custom-made) earplugs don't reduce the sound quality - they only reduce the high volume and protect your eardrums.

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Sat, 2008-04-12, 22:04:12
Sorry, Nicky, but I have to disagree with you - Mad is absolutely right!

You're creating your own reality that way. You'r not experiencing what the musicians are creating, not fully iac  ::)

Our great prog musicians, like the Arena and DT guys, are always ahead of their fans. They're trying to take us into their special worlds, most of all re the lyrics. If we really wanna experience these worlds, we should take the stuff in directly (i.a. full volume), and activate our imaginations to explore all the many tracks that are opened  :)

There are so few people who are willing to do this. That's why our musicians get so frustrated  :'(

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Peter

Sometimes, Nicky, I really can't tell whether you're being ironic or not....  :o
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2008-04-13, 11:22:20
Sometimes, Nicky, I really can't tell whether you're being ironic or not....  :o

Or serious or not.  ;D

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-04-13, 10:55:47
You're creating your own reality that way. You'r not experiencing what the musicians are creating, not fully iac  ::)

You can't really judge that since you (obviously) never heard any concert with good and proper earplugs, Nicky.
The sound stays the same but with less 'background' noise. Trust me, any concert is better with, and i must add professional earplugs than without.
There are some questionable earplugs around which are pretty cheap and those are indeed really bad for concerts because you simply cannot spot the difference when wearing one or not but with a better earplugs i promise you that you will never attend to any concert without those.

QuoteOur great prog musicians, like the Arena and DT guys, are always ahead of their fans. They're trying to take us into their special worlds, most of all re the lyrics. If we really wanna experience these worlds, we should take the stuff in directly (i.a. full volume), and activate our imaginations to explore all the many tracks that are opened  :)

There are so few people who are willing to do this. That's why our musicians get so frustrated  :'(

Nicky.

So with the earplugs you cannot experience 'their' world?  ???
I've been to concerts where the volume/noise/etc was so terrible that you would never guess there was a world to explore.
So much chaos and bad, read: really bad sound that it became unclear what song you were listening too.

I'm positive that with those earplugs it would be better than without. And again: trust me (and bluey) on this.  ;)

Nicky007

This time I was completely serious. I can't see anything in that post that could be interpreted as ironic  ???

Of course, one may disagree with what I'v written there ......  :)

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-04-13, 12:23:22
So much chaos and bad, read: really bad sound that it became unclear what song you were listening too.

That's what I call "the concert experience". But OK, what one can do to get the most out of it is to shift between the direct experience and using earplugs.

I'm positive that with those earplugs it would be better than without. And again: trust me (and bluey) on this.  ;)

NEVER !!!  - and particularly not you two  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Yeah, Bluey, rock is about being fully present, not thinking about a lot of other stuff  8)

Nicky.
Er... if you mean Aschaffenburg, I was fully present - just concentrating so hard (in order not to miss one bit, because I know it will take some time before we see the boys on stage again!) that I believe I fell in a trance-like state... People have indeed asked me whether I enjoyed the gig at all... ooops! :-[  (Again, I really did!) Must've looked a bit absent-minded I guess...

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2008-04-13, 11:22:20

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-04-13, 12:16:39
Or serious or not.  ;D
Or out of his mind or not... ;)

I'm positive that with those earplugs it would be better than without. And again: trust me (and bluey) on this;)
Bad move, Maddox - I think you shouldn't have mentioned me. Our Nicky will never ever trust me - with anything! ;D

PH

Nicky, you ignorant fool!! (without a smiley you might think that I want to insult you, but when I DO put a smiley here, you might think that you shouldn't take me seriously... so after long debate with myself, I choose not to put a smiley in there. I hope you don't mind.)

You obviously have NEVER EVER have been to a gig that had very terrible sound.
EVERY concert I've been to in the Netherlands, had bad, very bad, VERRRYY bad, terrible, horrible sound. I'm not saying "music", I say "sound".
You cannot distinguish the guitar from the keyboards. The bass guitar sound is only found in resonating floors, photo cameras, beer glasses. And the drum kit wants to shake hands with your ear drums so badly that it sounds and feels like someone is cramming their drumsticks into your ear.

You can compare it to playing a wonderful CD on a hifi-set with very bad, VERRRYY bad, terrible, horrible boxes.
You can't enjoy it to the max, since the sound is so terrible. And then you say "hahaha hey peeps, you gotta play that LOUD! Woohoo!"
[18th smiley from smiley thread]

Having that said, where can I buy these wonderful earplugs?

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2008-04-14, 13:02:59

Or out of his mind or not... ;)

For his sake i hope not.  :D

QuoteBad move, Maddox - I think you shouldn't have mentioned me. Our Nicky will never ever trust me - with anything! ;D

By the look of his previous post i must admit that you're right, Blue. It seems we're out of his circle of trust.  ;D

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-04-14, 18:02:06
Nicky, you ignorant fool!! (without a smiley you might think that I want to insult you, but when I DO put a smiley here, you might think that you shouldn't take me seriously... so after long debate with myself, I choose not to put a smiley in there. I hope you don't mind.)

You obviously have NEVER EVER have been to a gig that had very terrible sound.
EVERY concert I've been to in the Netherlands, had bad, very bad, VERRRYY bad, terrible, horrible sound. I'm not saying "music", I say "sound".
You cannot distinguish the guitar from the keyboards. The bass guitar sound is only found in resonating floors, photo cameras, beer glasses. And the drum kit wants to shake hands with your ear drums so badly that it sounds and feels like someone is cramming their drumsticks into your ear.

You can compare it to playing a wonderful CD on a hifi-set with very bad, VERRRYY bad, terrible, horrible boxes.
You can't enjoy it to the max, since the sound is so terrible. And then you say "hahaha hey peeps, you gotta play that LOUD! Woohoo!"
[18th smiley from smiley thread]

:o :o :o :o

Wow.

That was a stunning reply, Paco.  :D
And what do you mean with this:

Quotehad bad, very bad, VERRRYY bad, terrible, horrible sound. I'm not saying "music", I say "sound"

Are you talking about bad sound?  ??? ;D

QuoteHaving that said, where can I buy these wonderful earplugs?

-Paco

For the Dutchies: Over here you can order special earplugs for concerts and other (loud) parties. Can't really say if it's very good since i have no experience with these ones but the ones my boss gave me (professional earplugs which are rather expensive for the mere mortal) work very fine.

bluepony

I've got these http://www.meineohren.de/artikel/artikel_1457.html (only that mine are an older model) and they're GREAT.

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2008-04-14, 18:02:06
Nicky, you ignorant fool!!

Paco, I liked your metaphors, but:

NO guys, it simply aint gonna happen here:  Just like I dont drink de-caf coffee, nor de-alc beer, nor use c! (hey stop), those earplugs just aint coming near my precious attentive ears.

Man, you guys can just as well go to New Age concerts  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-04-16, 01:02:53NO guys, it simply aint gonna happen here:  Just like I dont drink de-caf coffee, nor de-alc beer, nor use c! (hey stop), those earplugs just aint coming near my precious attentive ears.
Well, they are your ears anyway. I guess you don't need your ears that much anymore since you're 53. But I'm still young and fresh and my ears haven't start decomposing already, so I guess for me it's a really good idea to grab those earplugs and enjoy good sound instead of knispering guitars and resonating window-sound. As you can see, I love good sound.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-04-16, 01:02:53Man, you guys can just as well go to New Age concerts  ;)
And you can just as well go to a well crowded building site. :-\

-Paco

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2008-04-16, 11:15:02
... and my ears haven't start decomposing already ...

No, it's more your brain, Paco  ;D

And you can just as well go to a well crowded building site. :-\

That's what Nine Inch Nails sounds like to me ........ but gotta give'm some more spins ........

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

... I guess you don't need your ears that much anymore since you're 53. ...
Now, Paco, this wasn't a nice thing to say!

... but you're probably right!  ;D

Nicky007

I guess you don't need your ears that much anymore since you're 53.

Quote from: bluepony on Sun, 2008-04-20, 16:33:10
Now, Paco, this wasn't a nice thing to say!

... but you're probably right!  ;D

What Paxi means is that I don't need my ee-aws, since I'm not an ass or donkey.

Two donkeys walk into a bar, and the first donkey says to the bartender, "I'll have a pint of Bud please," and the second donkey says, "hee haw, hee haw, he always orders that."

And a do(n)ggy joke:  There's three dogs, a Chihuahua, a Doberman and a Bulldog all sat in a bar having a quiet drink when a great-looking female Collie strolls in. She comes up to them and says, "Whoever can say liver and cheese in a single sentence can have their way with me." Quickly, the Doberman says, "I love liver and cheese." The Collie replies, "That's not good enough." The Bulldog says, "I hate liver and cheese." She laughs and says, "That's not creative enough." Finally, the Chihuahua says, "Liver alone . . . cheese mine."

Funny, somehaw makes me think of Bluey & Paxi, Appy, and Mad.

Oh, sweet revenge  *horns*

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-04-21, 01:16:04
And a do(n)ggy joke:  There's three dogs, a Chihuahua, a Doberman and a Bulldog all sat in a bar having a quiet drink when a great-looking female Collie strolls in. [...]

Funny, somehaw makes me think of Bluey & Paxi, Appy, and Mad.

And who is the Chihuahua ?

PH

bluepony

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2008-04-21, 14:12:18
And who is the Chihuahua ?
Don't know, but I obviously am the "great-looking" (!?!) Collie. ;D