News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

4 april 208: Arena @ c.c. de Mortel, Ittervoort (NL)

Started by dépé, Sun, 2007-11-04, 17:12:08

Previous topic - Next topic

dépé

Maybe old news but

Arena will give an exclusive show at the 4th of april at C.C. de Mortel in Ittervoort (NL)
This will be an exclusive concert in The Netherlands and the Eurregion (part of Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg).

New is that the special guest will be the dutch band: PLACKBAND.
This band exist for more than 30 years and played many shows together with some famous bands and also together wit FROST.

See also www.fanfareconcordia.nl/arena.html (dutch) or for pre sales mail to rockittervoort@yahoo.com

See you all,
Domien

Appelmoes??

I hope I can be able to be there. Depends on a lot of things, suc as transportation.

I would love it if bands like Arena and Threshold would perform in larger cities than they usually do, because I will have to use public transport, and in those smaller cities public transport stops around 11-12 pm :(
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Yeah... that's really a problem...

Arena should perform in Utrecht!
It's very central in The Netherlands and transport is OK.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2007-11-04, 17:33:39
Yeah... that's really a problem...

Arena should perform in Utrecht!
It's very central in The Netherlands and transport is OK.

+1.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Appelmoes??

Utrecht would be pretty good. The trainstation is downtown too. Same goes for Deventer or even Amsterdam, which is much furter away from my city, but much more easily to go to and leave from.

My drawings on MySpace

dépé

Typically dutch  ;)
Instead of being glad that Arena will play again in The Nethelands they are discussing why they don't play somewhere else.

Ittervoort is not only a good location for dutch fans but also for German, Belgium and even fans from Luxemburg.
For example this years concert from Riverside was a gathering from fans all over Europe (especially above mentioned countries). And I can asure you that it was a great concert.

btw. there are many people who always have to travel long distances to see there favourite groups. Normally if we want to see a show we have to travel to Amsterdam (180 km's) , Essen or Oberhausen(110km's). And we can never use the public transport because there is no train station in the neighbourhood. But we have always loved to do it. Normaly we have a good time during the journey and if we are early in the venue some drinks will do no harm  ;D

SY
Domien

PH

I don't have a car... So I am dependant from the public transport.
Travelling 110 km isn't good for a student like me.
Fortunately I have an OV-card (free public transport on weekdays), but still I think Utrecht is (for Dutchies) the most logical place to perform.

Doesn't mean I won't check out to see if I can make it to the gig in the small idyllic Ittervoort. ;D

;)

bluepony

Well... my biggest problem with concerts like this is, is there a hotel nearby? Because travelling from Germany would mean that I probably can't go there and back on the day of the gig... we're not talking about 110 km or 180 km, more likely it will be over 400 km from where I live... still I'm considering going there!

Appelmoes??

I will have to travel half that distance, but since it's a small city, I have the same problem bluey :-\

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

You mean you don't have a means to get there? Tell you what - find out if it's on the way, then I'll pick you up. (However, that would mean you have to suffer my driving...)  ;D

Appelmoes??

Ok, where in Germany do you live? I live very near the border actually, in Enschede.

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

South of Germany, near Stuttgart - but I haven't got the slightest clue yet where Ittervoort is...

Nicky007

(Only for non-Blueys:)

Guys, at last (or maybe alas) I got a great idea for a Christmas present for Bluey: an Atlas.

So who's in? I got the idea, so you guys shell out  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bluepony

bluepony

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Mon, 2007-11-05, 17:09:26
Ok, where in Germany do you live? I live very near the border actually, in Enschede.

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2007-11-06, 09:55:21
South of Germany, near Stuttgart - but I haven't got the slightest clue yet where Ittervoort is...
OK - to Nicky's great delight ( :P ) I now had the time to look it all up. Unfortunately, Enschede is not really on the way to Ittervoort... but maybe Nicky can pick you up when he's coming down from Denmark, Applemoes?? ! ;D

Appelmoes??

Too bad, but I have some other options.

Thanks for the offer though! very sweet! :-*

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2007-11-06, 12:23:42
Unfortunately, Enschede is not really on the way to Ittervoort...

But you'd get a nice, icky bowl of appelmoes when you got there, Bluey  ;D

It's called the "appelmoes test". Nobody yet passed it  :D

> ... but maybe Nicky can pick you up when he's coming down from Denmark, Applemoes?? ! ;D

That would be on the back of a motorbike - that's what I have a license for, that and grooving - and ragging  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2007-11-06, 12:31:54
Too bad, but I have some other options.
You probably wouldn't say that if you ever had been in a car I'm driving... (Men tend to find my driving rather unnerving - no idea why!) ;)

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2007-11-06, 12:31:54
Thanks for the offer though! very sweet! :-*
Oh... er... no problem!  :) *blushing*

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-11-06, 12:35:37
But you'd get a nice, icky bowl of appelmoes when you got there, Bluey  ;D
I'd prefer a glass of ice-cold JD & coke - no offence to applemoes (both, the one on this forum and the stuff you can eat), but I'm allergic to apples...

It's called the "appelmoes test". Nobody yet passed it  :D
Well, have you even tried to pass, Nicky?  ;)

That would be on the back of a motorbike - that's what I have a license for, that and grooving - and ragging  ;D

Nicky.
Oooooh, I love motorbikes!!  ;D

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-11-06, 15:12:35
Only the driving, Bluey?  ;D

Nicky.
Yes - so far... you're the first to complain about anything else!  ;)

wagner

There is where is Ittervoort...

Ittervoort is a village in the Dutch province of Limburg. It is located in the municipality of Leudal. Close to  the boarder of Germany and Belgium...
and for all of you, thanks lord you are not from a big country... traveling a couple of hour is not an issue for them... and specially to go and watch their favorite band performing...  ;D
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

bluepony

Hey, wait a minute - I said I wanted to go, didn't I?!  :o

;)

Appelmoes??

Let's try to get as many people from the forum there and have a mini meet the day after. I would consider staying at a hotel for that.

My drawings on MySpace

dépé

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2007-11-06, 19:43:08
Let's try to get as many people from the forum there and have a mini meet the day after. I would consider staying at a hotel for that.
Oh, that meeting can start the same evening, because after the concert we will try to do an afterparty with a lot of prog-music and also a lot of beer  :D  Doors will be closed at around 2.00, so there is time enough to talk and party !

chrs
dépe