News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Tour T-shirt

Started by Clive, Wed, 2008-01-23, 17:45:16

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: Clive on Thu, 2008-01-24, 10:43:37

The small subtle logo on the front is a big non-seller!

Actually, no offence but that's one of the reasons i haven't bought it yet.
To be quite blunt: it's dull.  :-\
To go on use my creditcard for a t-shirt that has to be shipped from England to good old Holland with a logo like that isn't what i had in mind.
It's not adventurous simply because the t-shirt isn't adventurous.
When you want people to order many, and i say many T-shirts it has to be a bit more colourful than that. An (previous) album-print on it, indeed like the already mentioned snippets of lyrics of Arena songs, tour dates might work but only if you come up with a new t-shirt for the next tour. (yes, i know were talking about it here but it was just an example)

I'm even a bit surprised that you didn't use the album cover of Ten Years On for the previous (little) tour.
I didn't went to the concert, sorry bout that since i was a bit busy last year to say the least but i definitely ordered something like that on the online store.

No offence of course.  ;)

QuoteSo.... a black T-shirt WITHOUT a large rubber square on the front....  good plan! Something more than a little logo though...
Maybe the dates on the back, but I like the idea of something else... lyrics, design, or some kind of statement...

But what should the artwork be? This isn't a Pepper's Ghost tour.....

Maybe something like a 'best-off' shirt(Ten Years On)? Some pieces from the previous albums or some tiny reminders of the likes. A roaring lion with in the back a picture of the old bike of the Visitor etc etc.
Dream Theater did something like that during the previous tour (octavarium) in an octagonal showing all DT's albums.

By the way: i'm rather tired so excuse me for some direct words.  :-[

Edit: This reminds me of a tiny question: What kind of tour is it then? A follow up of the Ten Years tour or a preparation for the new album?

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2008-01-24, 17:34:28
"I am the painted man..."
With Noah Kemp showing this living tattoo on his hand.

-Paco

I've done a simple thing in MS Paint to give an idea of a picture in my mind. ;D
Noah holding his hand out with the tattoo of the three interlocking horseshoes, in the blue flame.

I just don't know if it would be possible to do such a thing.
But when done properly it would make a cool shirt, I think.

ironcow2103

Quote from: Clive on Thu, 2008-01-24, 10:43:37
Maybe the dates on the back, but I like the idea of something else... lyrics, design, or some kind of statement...

I'll be radical - both! It's not a lot of dates so stick some lyrics above...

Got my tickets for Reading now (so make sure there is at least one S size reserved for Saul - he is now of a size that it doesn't look like a dress!)

Smegal

Hey everybody,

Let see some more of these t-shirt example pictures on the forum, this way we can get a better idea of what you want 'YOUR' t-shirts to look like.

Some of the main points which we are after are,

1. Artwork size/position

2. Tour dates on back or not

3. What style t-shirt?

4. Colour

Also for you ladies out there what do you look for in a tour t-shirt?

Here's the thing, on the 20th Feb at the latest, the t-shirts have to be ordered to make sure they are ready in time for the tour so I suggest people you get as many ideas up on the forum as possible before then and who knows maybe we'll use yours!!

For those of you who wish to go into more detail about your t-shirt design or you have any suggestions for the merchandise stand please feel free to email your ideas to me at

smeagal_the_merchant@tiscali.co.uk

Please note that if you wish to design your own artwork you can, however we cannot guarantee that it will be used

Cheers guys,

smeag

P.s. If any of you were on the pendragon tour what did you think of the long sleeve blue/grey top?

Prog on  *horns*

MY PRECIOUS

Appelmoes??

Ooh... If I can find the time, I will design something :)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Smegal

Hey everyone don't all dive in at once!!!  ;)
MY PRECIOUS

bluepony

Quote from: Smegal on Mon, 2008-01-28, 15:13:03
Tss, tss... have you checked your e-mail, Smegal?

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Smegal on Mon, 2008-01-28, 15:13:03
I'm busy atm :( i would really love to devote my time to designing a t-shirt, but... TIME :'(
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2008-01-29, 21:22:49
I'm busy atm :( i would really love to devote my time to designing a t-shirt, but... TIME :'(
Welcome to my world...
I'll let you know once I've learned how to split into several pieces that each can do individual tasks (now THAT would come quite handy)!  ;)

cabo

I would like a black t-shirt with only the golden Arena logo on front and maybe some dates or an extract from a lyric on the back, written with the same font.

And since i live in Norway i would buy the XL size  online in the Verglas shop. :)

dépé

Quote from: Smegal on Fri, 2008-01-25, 00:25:25
2. Tour dates on back or not

I would really like to see the tourdates on the back. When I see these dates it is for me a big reminder of the concert which I saw that night.

On the front I prefer a small logo or a beautifull, not too big, design.

I'm sure it will be a great t-shirt for an impressive tour !!

CU
DP

aoreric

Yes I totally agree with DePe, small picture or logo on the front. And on the back of course the tourdates.

marcello

Hello, long time no speak. Sorry, I've been really busy for the last few months, and just havent had time to post on here...

Well, Ive had a read about and am hopefully gonna come to the reading gig... and when i go to gigs, I ALWAYS get a t-shirt - an absoloute must

Let me know what you think to my designs, i did them on paint, so sorry for the low quality  ;D
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

cabo

Marcello!!!! Excellent artwork! May i please order both in XL?

maddox

Great work, Marcello.  8)

Actually the second one was the exactly the one i meant in my previous post.
Looks awesome.

marcello

Quote from: cabo on Fri, 2008-02-01, 17:27:36

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-02-01, 18:13:21
Great work, Marcello.  8)

Actually the second one was the exactly the one i meant in my previous post.
Looks awesome.

Thank you very much  ;D

Well... its just an idea  :) see what sir nolan thinks of them, I found some arena artwork I'd never seen before on the Arena myspace, http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=125844461 http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t283/Arenaatverglas/3-423.jpg

Bit different! You can see its contagion related with the mouths.

BTW guys... i work in a clothes shop  ;D I know people have been saying ARGH to black t shirts, but I really like them, although I would like to see an Arena T in another colour, possibly blue or green?

Just installed photoshop, if i get round to it, I'll make some more mock ups!
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

maddox

Quote from: marcello on Fri, 2008-02-01, 18:17:28

BTW guys... i work in a clothes shop  ;D I know people have been saying ARGH to black t shirts, but I really like them, although I would like to see an Arena T in another colour, possibly blue or green?

Blue, yes but i'm inclined to say no to green.

If i was Mr. Nolan of course.  ;)

I always buy darker kind of t-shirts by the way. The only white one i ever bought was a DT one with a caricature of all band members.
And it somehow suits the music better.
I'd only buy a white or light t-shirt if i was a fan of Britney Spears or the likes.  ;D

ironcow2103

Quote from: cabo on Fri, 2008-02-01, 17:27:36

And XXL (and S) - liked both but 2 is more best.

Look tur dates and still room for some lyrics...  ;)

marcello

Marillion have so many coloured T's now. I got the red somewhere else one, infact, I really like the red Arena T Smegal has in his pic. I notice that red T has already been mentioned.

Seeings as its a new tour, I'd be guessing the guys wouldnt want to re-use an old design.

If its a fruit of the loom or gildan activewear I'd be a medium or large

marcello

maddox

Nicky007

Hey Marcello, that's a real great T-shirt. I'm not much of a T-shirt guy (although I have some fine ones with AIC and Opeth), but your sample really struck me: Wow !  The only beef I have is that the n looks too much like a pi, a bit confusing. However, the flamed moth, text, R with tail, and color contrasts are super !  I would say guys, let's go further with this sample.

If we wander about with this T-shirt on, people are really gonna be struck: "Hey, what's this Arena, must be somethin real special !"

What a lot of talent we got in the Room. Must be the good beer  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

johninblack

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-02-03, 09:48:03
What a lot of talent we got in the Room. Must be the good beer  ;D

No. I drink lots of very good beer but the more I drink the worse my very poor drawing and art skills get.

Marcello, that is a fantastic idea for a shirt. Very clever and rather striking, but would it have tour dates on the back? ;D

JJ II

I think this is almost as iconic as the butterfly man shirt, which I really liked.

I could even do without the lettering (or much smaller). If it just had the moth on it, I think I would wear it outside the concert-hall as well.  ;D

I posted some examples earlier here:

http://shattered-room.net/index.php?topic=1016.msg20884#msg20884

And this is the shirt I've been wearing this summer:

Simply, because it's a piece of fashion rather than the average tour-shirt.

marcello

Thank you guys a MASSIVE SUPERAWESOME load for the comments, that ole photoshop just works wonders!

QuotePosted by: JJ II
I think this is almost as iconic as the butterfly man shirt, which I really liked.

WOWOWOW I've never seen this butterfly man T and had no idea it existed. Anyone got a picture of it? For non-black T's by the way, those ones you posted are really cool looking.

Posted by: johninblack
No. I drink lots of very good beer but the more I drink the worse my very poor drawing and art skills get.

I drink lots of cheap beer because I'm a student, its clearly that!  :P

QuotePosted by: Nicky007
The only beef I have is that the n looks too much like a pi, a bit confusing.

LOL I thought about this when I was making it, I wanted to try something without the modern arena logo, I also thought of trying one with ARENA written on it like on the back of smoke and mirrors where it says "ARENA are:". Perhaps that and a picture too? I dunno, just throwing ideas about  :)